I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome - Page 3

I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

This is a discussion on I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; What about throwing in a Garrison Micro Trigger Stop? That way, even the LCP II should be perfectly safe. I can't really use a clip ...

Like Tree11Likes

Thread: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    What about throwing in a Garrison Micro Trigger Stop? That way, even the LCP II should be perfectly safe.
    I can't really use a clip myself, as I am left handed, and the left hand clip is very impracticable,
    partially covering both the slide stop and the disassembly pin.
    Name:  stop.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  4.8 KB
    rclark28 likes this.

2. #22 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    "I would NOT clip carry the new LCP-II due to its lighter shorter trigger and the huge trigger guard (though I would not worry clip carrying the original LCP with the heavy long trigger)."

Yes, that's what I have, the older LCP's, #1 and second generation #1, or was it #2, or whatever they called them, but not the new model II.

Right. I would not mind clip-carrying my original LCPs because of the long heavy DAO trigger, which makes them inherently safer (relatively speaking) for that mode of carry compared to the new LCP-II with the short light trigger and much larger trigger guard. But I can certainly understand why some people just do not like or approve clip-carrying any gun.
    Last edited by SmokyT; 06-16-2020 at 10:02 AM.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.

3. #23 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    I recieved the Techna-Clip from EBay and just tried to attach it to the LCP. I removed the frame pin and then found that the diameter of their replacement pin is too big to fit. I sent the seller, "Ranger0403" a msg. via EBay just now, and I'll call their phone number tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    No response from the EBay seller so far. Called the number on the package which is just a recording. Recording says if you are calling about an order please email us at one of two email addresses, one being illegible, and second being - I think he said - [email protected].

I also started a return and got an emailed return label (it says free returns) but I'll hold off on using it and see if I hear from them, if they might just send me another pin, but to tell the truth right now with all these riots going on I'v elost a little interest in the LCP for now and I'm more comfortable with something a little bigger in my pocket like a Glock 26.

6. #25 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    No response from the EBay seller so far. Called the number on the package which is just a recording. Recording says if you are calling about an order please email us at one of two email addresses, one being illegible, and second being - I think he said - [email protected].

I also started a return and got an emailed return label (it says free returns) but I'll hold off on using it and see if I hear from them, if they might just send me another pin, but to tell the truth right now with all these riots going on I'v elost a little interest in the LCP for now and I'm more comfortable with something a little bigger in my pocket like a Glock 26.
    Bummer you are having problems. I went to the company web site and they don't list parts anymore. I would send it back. I bought mine at Cabelas here in town. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

7. #26 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    Well, that was a disaster. Them not responding was the least of it. I had trouble getting the original pin back in - something was partially blocking the hole, and now that I finally did get it back in the gun doesn't work anymore! Something is all jammed up inside. Won't cock. Can't pull the trigger. Very hard to get the slide off. That was a great little gun too. Never once malfunctioned.

8. #27 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    Bummer you are having problems. I went to the company web site and they don't list parts anymore. I would send it back. I bought mine at Cabelas here in town. Den

Techna Clip didn't respond to me. I'm going to return it to the seller at EBay. They advertise free returns.

Right now the gun is back together but the trigger mechanism is broken. I found this instructional video. Maybe I'll be able to fix it!

9. #28 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    I don't know how the trigger got messed up by just removing the rear pin. I know that if you pull the trigger with the slide off the hammer will fall and the slide won't go on. You simply lift the hammer slightly and it will click and stay in the right spot to install the slide. Or you can cock the hammer all the way back and then install the slide. I didn't remove my slide when installing the clip. It should have been an easy task. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

10. #29 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    I don't know how the trigger got messed up by just removing the rear pin. I know that if you pull the trigger with the slide off the hammer will fall and the slide won't go on. You simply lift the hammer slightly and it will click and stay in the right spot to install the slide. Or you can cock the hammer all the way back and then install the slide. I didn't remove my slide when installing the clip. It should have been an easy task. Den

When I tried to replace the original pin it wouldn't go back in. I could see that something was partially blocking the pin hole. Finally after a lot of jiggling and poking a tiny tool into the hole to move the obstruction I got the pin back in, but then the gun was all jammed up. I finally got it apart and it is no longer all jammed up, but the trigger doesn't work. I think that a spring must have popped off its retainer. And now that I think of it, before I bought it from EBay I read one review someplace - I forgot where - by a person who had a similar problem. I violated my own rule, namely pay heed the 1-star reviews!
    Last edited by w; 06-24-2020 at 08:53 PM.

11. #30 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    Techna Clip didn't respond to me. I'm going to return it to the seller at EBay. They advertise free returns.

Right now the gun is back together but the trigger mechanism is broken. I found this instructional video. Maybe I'll be able to fix it!

Nope can't do it. I think my fatal error was when I was haphazardly popping out more pins and popped out the small middle pin. I can't get the little doodad back in with its separate little spring. It doesn't slide in easily like the one in the video. I called a gunsmith and he told me he wanted $80 "minimum" to put it back together. Not worth it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads