I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome - Page 2

I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

This is a discussion on I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by w I'd be interested in that if it was designed just a little differently so that the gun was just below the ...

Like Tree28Likes

Thread: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    I'd be interested in that if it was designed just a little differently so that the gun was just below the top of the pocket instead of showing. I'd have no qualms about carrying my old gen 1 lcp and gen 1 1/2, whatever they called it, with the trigger uncovered, but the new ones have a very light trigger pull, or so I've heard. Just keep your finger off the trigger when pulling it out, and never carry anything else in the same pocket, like keys, coins, frogs...

I'd like something like that that would keep it riding higher in my front pocket so it would be more easily accessible than trying to dig it out. Does anyone make a clip like that? That's actually one of the main reasons i switched to a revolver, because it's easier to grab and pull out.
    I should have taken a photo of how the weapon settles in after a few steps. It pivots a little on the clip and disappears to look like a knife clip. To draw I use my thumb and place my first finger on the bottom of the clip. So far the spring tension is tight as new and the mounting point is wiggle free.
    I question those who claim the trigger is not covered in this form of carry. One side of the trigger guard is against pocket fabric and my leg and the other has pocket fabric and denim. Den.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

w
    What do you think the pros and cons are of that LCP clip vs. a pocket holster? I think it might be easier to get at while seated, but maybe it might fall out of the pocket while seated, especially if something brushed up against it like the seat belt in a car or the arm rest in a chair. Am i wrong?

3. #13 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    What do you think the pros and cons are of that LCP clip vs. a pocket holster? I think it might be easier to get at while seated, but maybe it might fall out of the pocket while seated, especially if something brushed up against it like the seat belt in a car or the arm rest in a chair. Am i wrong?
    Great question. It is easier to get at while seated as you don't have to straighten your leg as much if at all. I'm 5' 11" 225 and a 38-40 waist slight beer belly and in the winter wearing blue jeans I can't even tell it's there. It has never come out of my pocket by mistake. I never have to adjust it for anything. Same for my summer shorts. They have deeper pockets and pocket carry with a nemesis holster was uncomfortable. Fine with the clip. I can still us my nemesis, just don't use the clip. It tucks in fine. I haven't tried it with dress pants, no one has married or died for a while. Denny
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    I would have no problem carrying a DAO Gen 2 that way, but never a LCP ll. The reason is obvious.

6. #15 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    Exposed trigger is outside of my comfort zone.
    In many contexts, "What would Jesus do?" is not a particularly helpful inquiry.

w
    You convinced me, Denny. I'm going to get it.

What does this sentence mean? - " I can still us my nemesis, just don't use the clip." Would you have to unscrew the clip and take it off in order to fit the LCP into a pocket holster?

I wouldn't worry about the unsheathed trigger. I carry nothing in the same pocket with it. Keys or something could possibly become wedged in the trigger.

8. #17 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    You convinced me, Denny. I'm going to get it.

What does this sentence mean? - " I can still us my nemesis, just don't use the clip." Would you have to unscrew the clip and take it off in order to fit the LCP into a pocket holster?

I wouldn't worry about the unsheathed trigger. I carry nothing in the same pocket with it. Keys or something could possibly become wedged in the trigger.

I carry with an empty pocket also and in fact I can't pull the trigger from outside when it's in my pocket.

You leave the clip on when using the nemesis, the weapon with the clip just slides right in. Den

9. #18 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    I was IWB carrying my Kel-Tek P3AT with a clip and it worked well because of the heavy and long trigger. Actually the belt line covers the trigger guard, so there is absolutely nothing that can pull the heavy long trigger while the gun was carried in the mode. It’s not really as “unsafe” a some people may think.
    That being said, I would NOT clip carry the new LCP-II due to its lighter shorter trigger and the huge trigger guard (though I would not worry about clip-carrying the original LCP with the heavy long trigger).
    Last edited by SmokyT; 06-16-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.

10. #19 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    For me any exposed trigger is outside of my comfort zone.
    *I have several friends that have trained with and use this clip and x2 of them have LCP's and x3 have a LC9 with that clip for a BUG. It does offer a option for different scenarios. *Practice and train with what ever you choose and get confident in your choice. I know they do work for some.
    *Me being a older new semi auto shooter I still prefer my revolvers and when I do carry I always have a holster or pocket holster. Just works for me. My older LC9pro has a different trigger than my EC9s that has become very lite. My S&W642 and LCRx have good triggers but still I use a pocket holster or cydex for carry.
    Good luck in your choice and be safe.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

11. #20 Re: I sometimes carry my LCP like a pocket knife. All opinions welcome 
    w
    "I would NOT clip carry the new LCP-II due to its lighter shorter trigger and the huge trigger guard (though I would not worry clip carrying the original LCP with the heavy long trigger)."

Yes, that's what I have, the older LCP's, #1 and second generation #1, or was it #2, or whatever they called them, but not the new model II.

SmokyT likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads