anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber - Page 3

anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber

This is a discussion on anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I just came across this thread searching on this issue myself. Just bought my LCP II .22LR brand new, and the first 80 rounds ran ...

Like Tree16Likes

Thread: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    New User
    I just came across this thread searching on this issue myself. Just bought my LCP II .22LR brand new, and the first 80 rounds ran flawlessly, and the last 20 each and every one failed to feed. Ejects the brass just fine, but doesn't feed a new round. Had to rack every round of those last 20
    Going to give it a good cleaning today and take it back out and see what happens

2. #22 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Had mine out the other day for 150 rds. It seems to have lost all the hiccups. Again, I ran 125 rds flawless, with the preferred Remington Goldens. 50 rds of Cheap Federals and many failures to ignite. Although I think that was the ammo. The firing Pin seemed to do it's job. That said, I shot my new Pico (third) and it out shot the heck out of the LCP 22.cal all any yardage up to 15 yds. And I shot some old Tula steel that I had. Actually the Pico loves this ammo.

Also entered into the world of Muzzle loading. Bought a Budget inline and spent about three times the amount of the gun into ammo, accessories. I am going through the learning curve at present on Muzzle loaders. But having fun along the way.

3. #23 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Whiskeyshooter, Good luck with the Muzzle loading adventure! My hats off to you. That is a good way to get out and shoot. Keep us updated on your findings. These past 6 months I have seen all supplies get depleted. From re-loading dies to supplies for loading including Muzzle loading supplies the shelves are void.
    *I just went over 1, 550 rounds with my LCPII22LR yesterday and it still is running quite good. I am going to keep mine and it will be on the training schedule for a BUG for now. I have received several orders from Target Sports and I AGAIN thank you for the heads up about them. I love that service and ammo!!!
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

New User
    Just bought one today and have had multiple fail to feed. So far about 10 fsil to feed with Federal target ammo in 100 rounds, then about that many plus 3 fail to fire with Armscor . Started to get dark but did 40 rounds of Eley. Better, one fail to feed on last round in magazine.
    Since i just got it, should I take it back?

6. #25 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenE View Post
    Just bought one today and have had multiple fail to feed. So far about 10 fsil to feed with Federal target ammo in 100 rounds, then about that many plus 3 fail to fire with Armscor . Started to get dark but did 40 rounds of Eley. Better, one fail to feed on last round in magazine.
    Since i just got it, should I take it back?
    .22 cal is inherently a problem in small semi-auto pistols. Aside from being rimfire(bad), they do not feed reliably(100%) in small pistols. Hence .380 ACP,(Automatic Colt Pistol), .32ACP, .25ACP, etc. were designed for small pistols, and even they can be finicky. I would never trust a defensive pistol in .22 long rifle caliber IMHO

7. #26 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    Whiskeyshooter, Good luck with the Muzzle loading adventure! My hats off to you. That is a good way to get out and shoot. Keep us updated on your findings. These past 6 months I have seen all supplies get depleted. From re-loading dies to supplies for loading including Muzzle loading supplies the shelves are void.
    *I just went over 1, 550 rounds with my LCPII22LR yesterday and it still is running quite good. I am going to keep mine and it will be on the training schedule for a BUG for now. I have received several orders from Target Sports and I AGAIN thank you for the heads up about them. I love that service and ammo!!!
    Looks like target sports is done on 22.cal just like every thing Else. Good thing you stocked up when you did. I knew rimfire would be next in line after the center fire outage. That is why I stocked up heavily to add to my already large supply. And now it is gone, or at least expensive. Costing more than I was paying for 9mm.
    I have not had a problem with Black Powder, and have managed to get a 1,000 primers, enough powder for 1,000 rds and have about 300 bullets. I want to experiment with different one's first and then will stock up on what will be my favorite.
    The thing about BP shooting, is one round goes a long way. I like taking my time between shots. It forces you to make that one shot count. One shot, one Kill. Lol, I was at the range the other day, and some young guy brought a AR. He must have gone through 200 rds before I finished 5. And the ironic thing is, my shots were all deadly, his all over the board.

Maybe every one should teach their kids to shoot a powder burner when they first start. Instill the one shot one kill philosophy and the karma of becoming one with the gun.

PS I received a Email from Target SPorts. If you are a member you move to the head of the line for ammo. If you sign up for a notification for a particular that has been sold out, they will notify when it comes back in stock and you are head of the line and held for 3 hrs.

8. #27 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    Looks like target sports is done on 22.cal just like every thing Else. Good thing you stocked up when you did. I knew rimfire would be next in line after the center fire outage. That is why I stocked up heavily to add to my already large supply. And now it is gone, or at least expensive. Costing more than I was paying for 9mm.
    I have not had a problem with Black Powder, and have managed to get a 1,000 primers, enough powder for 1,000 rds and have about 300 bullets. I want to experiment with different one's first and then will stock up on what will be my favorite.
    The thing about BP shooting, is one round goes a long way. I like taking my time between shots. It forces you to make that one shot count. One shot, one Kill. Lol, I was at the range the other day, and some young guy brought a AR. He must have gone through 200 rds before I finished 5. And the ironic thing is, my shots were all deadly, his all over the board.

Maybe every one should teach their kids to shoot a powder burner when they first start. Instill the one shot one kill philosophy and the karma of becoming one with the gun.

PS I received a Email from Target SPorts. If you are a member you move to the head of the line for ammo. If you sign up for a notification for a particular that has been sold out, they will notify when it comes back in stock and you are head of the line and held for 3 hrs.
    Great advice, somewhere along the line we have lost our focus on shot placement. I have said this many times, "there is no second place in a gunfight"....shot placement is critical and the ability to place first shots in the kill zone will usually send you home as the winner. Large caliber, high magazine capacity, big gun, etc. doesn't mean anything if the first shot isn't where it should be.

Folks, practice point and shoot drills with the gun you carry until it is second nature!!!!
    rclark28 and Whiskeyshooter like this.

9. #28 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Yes I am so glad I ordered from Target Sports. I put in x2 orders and it really turned out well. My backup supply is good with a secondary supply for the range. Both rimfire and centerfire is gone all over the place. Good luck finding anyone with stock at any price.
    *One shot and one kill. Shot placement is very important in self defense. My range time has been productive lately just training point and shoot drills. Still love target shooting but really love my small shooters for SD.
    *Good luck with the Black Powder adventure too.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

10. #29 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Mine had a few jams in the first 5 magazines but no problems after that. Only problem is that trigger when I pull it slowly. Creep...stop...creep...stop...creep...>POP< I shoot my LCR 38 better.
    Ruger LCP .22
    (2) Ruger LCR 38
    Ruger LCRX 38
    Ruger 22/45 Mk 3
    SIG P290RS
    SIG P250 45
    SIG P250 SC 9mm
    (2) Beretta Pico 380
    Taurus 66 .357
    Taurus TX22

11. #30 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    I paint the top of the hammer with the same white appliance enamel that I use on the front sight. That way you can see the hammer drop down just before the trigger break. I don't stare at it but just let it "be at the bottom" of my field of view for reference. When I dry fire, I look at it more and I think it helps me learn when the break is coming. I do this on my Security 9 as well (it's kind of a big lcp).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads