anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber - Page 2

anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber

This is a discussion on anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Good video but I take issue w/using the mag feed lips to pry out the frame take-down pin. Not a good idea to risk bending ...

Like Tree16Likes

Thread: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Good video but I take issue w/using the mag feed lips to pry out the frame take-down pin. Not a good idea to risk bending the lip & causing a malfunction.
    rclark28 and w like this.

2. #12 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 

And still another video
    IndigoWolf likes this.
    those who keep score tend to keep it in their favor.

3. #13 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    Can’t wait to read a range report on the Elsie 22.
    Look in Range reports....I filed a couple of my very first ones.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    I have a LCP in 22lr, and have put about 350 rounds thru it. IT's a nice shooting gun, takes MM, Blazer, Armscor, Feds with no issues. No light strikes, just a few bad rounds that wouldn't fire. It's not as accurate as my SR22, but accurate enough for a fun plinker. Glad I got it. So far, painted the front sight red, Hogue slip on grip, and a Houston IWB holster and a Sticky pocket holster.
    pennsy likes this.

6. #15 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigborgel View Post
    I have a LCP in 22lr, and have put about 350 rounds thru it. IT's a nice shooting gun, takes MM, Blazer, Armscor, Feds with no issues. No light strikes, just a few bad rounds that wouldn't fire. It's not as accurate as my SR22, but accurate enough for a fun plinker. Glad I got it. So far, painted the front sight red, Hogue slip on grip, and a Houston IWB holster and a Sticky pocket holster.
    Same as me except I opted for white paint on the front sight and the top of the hammer.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

7. #16 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    I don’t own one but I shot one at the range yesterday, and I can attest to the fun factor. I give it two thumbs up.

8. #17 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    New User
    I bought one 4 days ago and nothing but problems at the range. This is my third LCP, had the original, two different LCP IIs and now this .22 version.

I purchased this after watching all the glowing Youtube reports on it, and the fact that I had Zero problems with the previous LCPs I had.

I took the pistol home cleaned it and took my Crimson Trace Laser off my .380 model and put it on this one. Then I purchased three boxes of the most reliably touted .22 ammo out there to see which one was best for this pistol. The ammo was all CCI, the Stinger, Velocitor, and the Segmented HP.

Good news at the range was the laser sight was dead on without any adjustments.

Bad News was of all 150 rounds I fired, there was less than 15 that didn't have a failure to feed after shot was fired.

This wasn't the magazine, becasue I bought a second one when I purchased the gun.

All failure to feeds was caused by the rounds hanging up on the feed ramp.

Took the pistol home, took off the laser and put it back on my ultra reliable .380 LCP, and am now pondering my next move

9. #18 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Oh boy. That's the worst. Standard advice -send it back.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

10. #19 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I bought one 4 days ago and nothing but problems at the range.
    Sorry to hear of your trouble. It's a real bummer to have a problem with a brand new firearm and have to send it back...
    Yours is the first report of a Failure to Feed problem with the LCP II .22LR that I've read.
    (I have heard of some Light Strikes with certain ammo)

Seems that you got a lemon. As pennsy advised, send it to Ruger. Their customer service is second to none. They'll make it right for you.
    Telephone: 336-949-5200
    (Or if you're like me and hate to send guns back, you might try polishing the feed ramp. And/Or try a different brand of ammo)
    Please let us know how it turns out.

11. #20 Re: anyone here own a LCP II in .22 caliber 
    Chazman1946, Good advice here from the members.
    *Sorry to hear your issues so far with the new LCP II 22LR. I try to break in my rimfires with the following and have had good luck. For myself I stay away from the Stinger and Velocitor's until I get good results after testing out firearm and for me with this short barrel 22LR I may limit those. I also lightly polish the feed ramp. Ruger will get you fixed up and they are great to work with. The best IMHO. See post #19 and with a NEW Ruger get them involved.
    CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
    CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
    Blazer 22LR 38gr. 1235fps. LRN
    Blazer 22LR 40gr LRN 1255fps
    Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
    *My wife wants one of these and I want one more than she does. Going to order one soon so keep us updated on your findings. I appreciate your reporting and I look forward to you and Ruger getting good results. Good luck and keep your powder dry...
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads