*New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR - Page 2

*New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR

This is a discussion on *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Interesting read. Thanks for posting. Might be another plinker or another curiosity to add to the collection.....

Like Tree10Likes

Thread: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    Interesting read. Thanks for posting. Might be another plinker or another curiosity to add to the collection..
    GunnyBlue likes this.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

2. #12 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    Thank you! Please see the two video reviews in this thread :
    https://rugerpistolforums.com/forums...2-caliber.html
    rclark28 likes this.

New User
    For those who want to know, my quick first day range report on my LCP II 22...

The gun functions like butter, very smooth. Exact same feel in my hand as my LCP II, no difference in weight, angles, trigger etc. Very accurate at 7-10 yards and I was even doing good at 15-20 yards (I'm no 22Plinkster).

I shot a total of 400 rounds, 200 Aguila 40g Super Extra and 200 CCI Mini Mag 40g.
    2 misfires (1 each brand, both had a good dent and did fire on second strike)
    0 FTF
    0 FTE

At first I kinda second guessed why I bought it and if I needed it at all....until I put them 400 rounds down range. Alot of fun, soft shooting and cheap to run hundreds of rounds through. I'm glad I didn't wait.
    Last edited by LavaLite; 01-29-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    pennsy, rclark28, wsitgm and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    LavaLite, Good day for you on the first time out. Thanks for taking the time with the report. Some of us rely on real people and real honest feedback. We are seriously considering getting this new Ruger LCP 22/LR. Hope you have many more good range trips. Our LGS has them on Pre-order only for now.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

6. #15 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    I love mine so far. The identicality to the 380 model is spot on. Two adds are the safety and the magazine disconnect. I like the safety for something rolling around in my pocket though the magazine disconnect is irritating, since it interferes with easy cocking while dry firing.
    Last edited by wsitgm; 02-07-2020 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Edited for proper terminology and clarity

7. #16 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    What is a “magazine lockout” and why does it infuriate you?

8. #17 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    What is a “magazine lockout” and why does it infuriate you?
    I think the proper term is magazine disconnect. It does not infuriate me, I find it irritating since I find it easier to dry fire with the mag out. With the mag in, it locks back instead of just cocking.

9. #18 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    My feeling about the LCP 22lr for SD, is that it's better than nothing. My alternative is a CZ 75 all steel frame, prob weighs over 2 lbs, it could pull my pants to the floor!
    I carry the .22 with CCI Velocitors/ Stingers, and expect that in the next few years we will see 22lr improvements that will rival, the SD specialties in 9MM. It's also a lot easier to hold your sight picture with a 22, instead of having a 9MM jumping all over. For us old goats, it's not how much, but how many.

10. #19 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigborgel View Post
    I carry the .22 with CCI Velocitors/ Stingers, and expect that in the next few years we will see 22lr improvements that will rival, the SD specialties in 9MM.
    LOL

You must’ve forgotten the purple font for that statement!

11. #20 Re: *New* Ruger LCP II in 22LR 
    Keep in mind that the fast CCI ammos need a lot of barrel length to develop the muzzle velocities on the label....like a Mark 4 or 10/22.

In a small barrel, minimags probably do as well, though velocitors are still my choice from a quality POV.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads