I'm Here Because. LCP.

I'm Here Because. LCP.

This is a discussion on I'm Here Because. LCP. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I'm new to the forum. This is only my second post (I posted my intro moments ago). After having done more research than one ought ...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm Here Because. LCP.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    I'm new to the forum. This is only my second post (I posted my intro moments ago). After having done more research than one ought to be allowed to do, I think I've decided I want to add an LCP to my collection. Here's why:

I'm a 68 year-old male. Very slender (5'10" / 140#). I inherited my bone structure from my 5'1" mother (my ring finger is a size 6.5). I note this because carrying a full-size sidearm is out of the question for me. I have several, and I shoot them well, but they are range pistols and not self defense weapons. My EDC for years has been a SIG P938, but I grew to not trust it, and so I have recently replaced it with a SIG P365. Some days though, even those can be too "prominent" for me to carry.

I should also note that I'm a runner (heck, when you're built like me, you might as well do what your body is best at, right?). That means usually no pockets, no belts, and little covering clothing. When I run, I don't carry (which is probably the one place and time I should carry!).

So, like many others, I've come looking for the "invisible" gun. To me, that means the LCP Gen 2, NOT the LCP II. I need light weight, as well as small! I've found quite a few online that can be had for under or around $200. But the one I would literally buy outright is the model 3793.

On Ruger's site, this gun is shown, but is listed as a "Chattanooga Shooters Supply Exclusive." That means only dealers can resell one; I'm not a dealer, so CSS won't deal with me. I did find a model 3794, which is the same treatment in LCP II, but as I stated, I want the LCP.

Yeah, I may be difficult to please. And this post has now gone for too long, so I'll hang up now. If you have any insights or know of a seller, I'd be delighted to know!

Glad to be here!

2. #2 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

3. #3 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Ah! Thank you. I guess the reason it didn't show up in my search there was because it's not in stock. I'm going to click the "Notify me when available" button!

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    I’ve pocket carried the Gen 2 LCP as well as the LCPII (w/the supplied holster) and cannot tell the difference. The LCPII is a bit easier to shoot but combat accuracy is also about the same so it comes down to which one suite you better. Both are excellent for self defense but regular range time is a must w/small carry guns to maintain your skills.

6. #5 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cop View Post
    I’ve pocket carried the Gen 2 LCP as well as the LCPII (w/the supplied holster) and cannot tell the difference. The LCPII is a bit easier to shoot but combat accuracy is also about the same so it comes down to which one suite you better. Both are excellent for self defense but regular range time is a must w/small carry guns to maintain your skills.
    Thank you! I stopped by the range on the way home from work today, and they had both. While I didn't have time to shoot them, I hefted them, racked them, triggered them, and compared them, and I agree, there's almost no difference in size between them. The II is just a tad heavier, and theirs had an extended-round magazine, so I had to compare them unloaded.

I liked the trigger on the II and the fact that the slide locked back. And, since Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore had one in stock, I ordered it!

I guess that means I'm going to stick around here for a bit. Be prepared for lots of questions. . .

7. #6 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Go to any LGS and ask if they get guns from Chattanooga Shooters Supply. If they do, they can easily order one in for you. With a unique model like that one, you are probably better off special ordering than waiting for one to show up in stock online.

9. #8 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Thanks, everyone! I stopped by my LGS/Range yesterday and handled both the LCP and the LCP II. I found I liked the LCP II better, due to its nicer trigger, lock-back-on-empty slide and slightly better sights. My range is a Ruger reseller, so I asked if they could order one. They could not. So I ordered one from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. It should be at my FFL in a couple of days.

10. #9 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Good luck with it. Most LCPs digest everything well. The ones that don't usually act up right from the beginning and Ruger will make them right for you. They generally are not high round count pistols though. Shoot it until you feel confident of it's reliability then just enough to remain proficient with it. They are cheap enough to buy two, one for the range and a carry piece.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

11. #10 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    I appreciate all the feedback. I'm looking forward to getting to know my LCP II when it arrives.

Now that I've committed to one, does anyone have any experience with the DeSantis Pocket Shot holster? My LCP II ships with a pocket holster, but I may want to go beyond the manufacturer's issue.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads