I'm Here Because. LCP. - Page 3

I'm Here Because. LCP.

This is a discussion on I'm Here Because. LCP. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; An update, with thanks to all! I wound up getting a Bear Creek holster for my LCP II, as well as one for my new ...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm Here Because. LCP.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    An update, with thanks to all! I wound up getting a Bear Creek holster for my LCP II, as well as one for my new Seecamp. Doug is not only a terrific craftsman, but a very knowledgeable and helpful gentleman. I highly recommend him and his holsters!

Yesterday I added a Hogue HandAll grip sleeve. My first trip to the range had me feeling the "bark" of the pistol, but now that I've purchased a passel (does anyone still use that term?) of range ammo, I thought I'd like to reduce the "bite." I have to practice with the Bear Creek again, as the stickiness of the sleeve reduces the ease with which I can draw and present the arm. Any comments or thoughts on the Hogue?

You can't call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

2. #22 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    OldStrummer, Love the Bear Creek holster! Really like it!
    *I love all my Hogue HandAll grip sleeve's but in some holsters I had to step back and re-learn how to draw or extract the firearm because of added friction. The benefit is worth it on my small snappy shooters.
    *I have been collecting a passel of rimfire ammo lately and I am appending more as time and budget allow. I am 62 years old and have not heard "passel" for decades. Used to hear it as a kid when they described counting herd numbers for Caribou. They could not determine the numbers because they moved so fast across the plains.
    passel->a large group of people or things of indeterminate number; a pack.
    Good luck with the LCP II and thanks for the update. Rick
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

3. #23 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    If you are striving for lowest possible effective weight, try the 65 gr solid copper, Lehigh Xtreme Defense in the 6 round mag.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    I bought a grip sleeve once for my LC9 s pro but took it off because of the resistance it added when pocket carrying. The LC9 is marginal in the pocket to begin with . I put the rubber Traction Grips on my LCP and like the added purchase it gives without any added thickness or drag. Drawing from the pocket is already tough without any added help. As always, YMMV. The grip sleeve ended up on a hot LED flashlight BTW.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

6. #25 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    OldStrummer, Love the Bear Creek holster! Really like it!
    *I love all my Hogue HandAll grip sleeve's but in some holsters I had to step back and re-learn how to draw or extract the firearm because of added friction. The benefit is worth it on my small snappy shooters.
    *I have been collecting a passel of rimfire ammo lately and I am appending more as time and budget allow. I am 62 years old and have not heard "passel" for decades. Used to hear it as a kid when they described counting herd numbers for Caribou. They could not determine the numbers because they moved so fast across the plains.
    passel->a large group of people or things of indeterminate number; a pack.
    Good luck with the LCP II and thanks for the update. Rick
    I am now carrying my UNLOADED LCP II around the house, practicing the draw with the grip sleeve. The Bear Creek is really nice, as it's easy to get my fingers between the pocket panel and the gun. I just need to get comfortable with the additional "drag" caused by the grip sleeve.
    You can't call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

7. #26 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Regarding the Hogue HandAll grip sleeve, I have one on my LCP II because I have large hands and it makes it easier for me to grip the weapon. Without it, the grip is just too narrow.

As to holsters, I use the Bianchi Model 152 Pocket Piece™ Concealment Holster.

I like it because the "vertical assist pad" on the leg (or back) side of the holster gives you a place to push off with your thumb as you draw the LCP II.

I'm Here Because.  LCP.-152_pocket_piece_holster-back.jpgI'm Here Because.  LCP.-152_pocket_piece_holster-front.jpg

This holster does not have a flat outer side, but I find that as it is it doesn't print enough to be concerned. When I first started carrying concealed about a dozen years ago, I was really concerned that it might be spotted, but eventually I realized that no one is really looking anyway!
    Live with integrity - Judge with mercy

8. #27 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Nice rig. What pants do you wear to accommodate the S&W?
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

9. #28 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Nice rig. What pants do you wear to accommodate the S&W?
    Not sure if you are referring to my post as I have the Ruger LCP II rather than a Smith & Wesson, but I generally carry it when I am wearing dress type pants because that is typically when I don't want to be stuck not being able to take my coat off.

I do have some tuckable IWB holsters but I have a challenge keeping a shirt tucked in!
    Live with integrity - Judge with mercy

10. #29 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Sorry, I thought the pictures were of your revolver.

11. #30 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    The picture in post #26 does look like my S&W 642. Not a issue though/I like the holster.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads