I'm Here Because. LCP. - Page 2

I'm Here Because. LCP.

This is a discussion on I'm Here Because. LCP. within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I don't like the looks of that exposed trigger. I've been using the Nemesis lately. https://www.amazon.com/DESANTIS-Neme...QQF089QQKCPYAN...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm Here Because. LCP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    I don't like the looks of that exposed trigger. I've been using the Nemesis lately.

https://www.amazon.com/DESANTIS-Neme...QQF089QQKCPYAN
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

2. #12 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I don't like the looks of that exposed trigger. I've been using the Nemesis lately.
    Well, that's the whole point: No need to pull the gun out of the holster. Just pull the whole thing and shoot. But the holster keeps the gun from printing.

As for the Nemesis, I already have four or five Sticky holsters and one Blackhawk that work well for my SIGs. More than likely one of those will work as well.

3. #13 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Yeah, that's just me. I don't even care for the LCP II trigger for pocket carry. Shirt tails, draw strings, etc. can get caught in the trigger when sliding it in your pocket. If you feel comfortable with an exposed trigger, go for it. I would never appendix carry either but again I error on the side of caution.
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    The more I thought about that holster, another possible negative came to mind. The draw would probably snag due to the fact you would be basically pulling the gun with the holster, similar to drawing the LCP / pocket holster combo. Would need large pockets to pull it off. Also the leather comes close to touching the slide. Any shifting of the gun could cause the slide to drag. I don't know, just playing devil's advocate.

One thing I’ve learned from decades of reading and participating in forums is that you will find people who are on completely opposite sides of an issue with each being equally certain they are correct.

Having said that you can count me in the camp that would STRONGLY discourage anyone from ever carrying a firearm in a holster that does not completely cover the trigger guard. If not for your safety then for the safety of everyone around you.

7. #16 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Yeah, that's just me. I don't even care for the LCP II trigger for pocket carry. Shirt tails, draw strings, etc. can get caught in the trigger when sliding it in your pocket. If you feel comfortable with an exposed trigger, go for it. I would never appendix carry either but again I error on the side of caution.
    I couldn't agree more!!! Ever hear of "Glock Leg"..... it is an accidental discharge from pocket/IWB carry due to gun going off when the trigger is snagged on something like Pennsy described above. The only safe pocket carry I would do is a fully covered trigger ONLY with a standard LCP. The LCP II trigger system is an accident waiting to happen, I for one would never carry it, in fact my police agency forbids the off duty carry of the LCPII......Very dangerous pistol in the hands of inexperienced folks, many of which are on this forum.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.

8. #17 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    Thank you for your feedback! I too, have never carried with an exposed trigger. I saw the Pocket Shot and wondered, since the LCP/II is such a small gun, if there was any benefit to simply "masking" its outline rather than add a layer of personal protection. Up until recently, I pocket carried my subcompact SIGs in Sticky Holsters, and still do, although I've now gone the laser route with both (I still have holsters that fit). My latest addition is a Feather Lite IWB that I carry in the small of my back.

The LCP II comes with a pocket holster. Before I try anything else, I'm going to see how I like it "out of the box."

9. #18 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    One other option you might be interested in is Bear Creek Holsters. He is a regular contributor here on the forum and makes some beautiful leather holsters.

10. #19 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    No problem asking Q, that’s what this site is all about so ask away. I’ve been carrying since ‘68 and transitioned from a small .38 to the LCP a couple of years ago. My daily travels are pretty safe and my only reason for carrying is to cause a break in contact if a deadly attack were to happen.

11. #20 Re: I'm Here Because. LCP. 
    I have the DeSantis pocket holster, it's very nicely made, it's also very stiff when you first get it. I found the biggest disadvantage with it is that exterior surface is not sticky enough to hold the holster in your pocket when you draw. I like the Sticky holster, or even the Ruger one better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads