Ruger LCP II holster options? - Page 3

Ruger LCP II holster options?

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP II holster options? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by louchia I agree, a whole lot of holster. I carry IWB in a Remora clip holster. 's very comfortable, not at all ...

Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP II holster options?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    I agree, a whole lot of holster. I carry IWB in a Remora clip holster. 's very comfortable, not at all bulky, pliable synthetic material, good retention, resists moisture. I've adjusted mine to a slight cant. To each his own.
    If I do carry IWB, and only pocket Pistols will Go IWB, I use the Remora Mico clip as well. Where it shines, if for summer when wearing short pants, the added clip is a great safety precaution to further keeping the gun from slipping with loose fitting pants or shorts. Plus it is comfortable.

2. #22 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Joe, this is exactly one of the holsters I have been eyeing for either my Pico or Kahr, and cost is less than some of the others. I will most likely be carrying the Pico as my standard carry, because I like the thin design. I am wondering if you like the sweat shield option or and/or do you think it is actually necessary? I gather from the Picture you provided, that you bought the holster with the "Cant" which I will most likely get.
    I have also considered a Pocket holster, but just for very Minimal use. I like my pockets for other things than a gun, and find them lousy on fast draw, and in a car, fast draw out of the pocket does not exist. I also rarely carry IWB, If I do it will be the Pico. A nice holster OTW is easy done, faster to the draw, easy to conceal and more comfortable.

Please let me know about the sweat shield, and thanks for posting.
    The holster comes with full Kydex on the body side (no part of pistol touches body) If there's also an optional sweat shield, I'm unaware of it. The Kydex does get a little sweaty when wearing it under a t-shirt touching bare skin. Not a big problem as far as I'm concerned. The cant is nice. I carry mine just the way it was shipped. Bought it on Amazon for about $30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. #23 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    The holster comes with full Kydex on the body side (no part of pistol touches body) If there's also an optional sweat shield, I'm unaware of it. The Kydex does get a little sweaty when wearing it under a t-shirt touching bare skin. Not a big problem as far as I'm concerned. The cant is nice. I carry mine just the way it was shipped. Bought it on Amazon for about $30.

Here is the same thing or similar on Ebay, notice the options and optional color, it looks like they make them for many different guns.

Kahr P380 or CW380 Kydex Holster, IWB, CCW, CHL | eBay

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    That is a nice little holster at a good price.

6. #25 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Here is the same thing or similar on Ebay, notice the options and optional color, it looks like they make them for many different guns.

Kahr P380 or CW380 Kydex Holster, IWB, CCW, CHL | eBay
    Looks like a good deal at $20. I think the Concealment Express brand appears to be a little more molded or shaped to the pistol than this one - not that that matters as long as the retention is good. It looks like this one on EBay has a retention adjustment screw which is a nice feature. As far as sweat shield, it appears they're saying Kydex itself is sweat resistant. I'm happy with mine. As I've said before, these things are minimalist holsters for minimalist pistols and make everyday, everywhere carry very comfortable. And, the draw is much better than pocket carry for me. I'm wearing mine as I mow my lawn on my rider right now.

7. #26 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    Looks like a good deal at $20. I think the Concealment Express brand appears to be a little more molded or shaped to the pistol than this one - not that that matters as long as the retention is good. It looks like this one on EBay has a retention adjustment screw which is a nice feature. As far as sweat shield, it appears they're saying Kydex itself is sweat resistant. I'm happy with mine. As I've said before, these things are minimalist holsters for minimalist pistols and make everyday, everywhere carry very comfortable. And, the draw is much better than pocket carry for me. I'm wearing mine as I mow my lawn on my rider right now.

Well said. I will try out the least expensive at this point and will paint it to conceal a little more. If it works and the retention works ok, then I will order another or look for better quality. Just a experiment at this point. I want something quick to put on and light and good draw. We shall see.

Look at the other post on Painting a kydex. I will give it a try.
    Joenaper likes this.

8. #27 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    New User
    I have always found this holster to be top of the food chain. I carry with it everyday. Give it a look! Its left or right handed. Waist band holster up to 54 inches . And it has 3 mag pouches on it! https://tinyurl.com/y4ws9pth

Best of all it will fit almost any handgun you have in the arsenal. I personally carry it for my Springfield .45 sub compact. Happy shooting brothers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads