Ruger LCP II holster options? - Page 2

Ruger LCP II holster options?

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP II holster options? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I will say adding the Hogue grip also made pocket carry a bit more awkward. I found it harder to draw from my pocket once ...

Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP II holster options?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    I will say adding the Hogue grip also made pocket carry a bit more awkward. I found it harder to draw from my pocket once it was installed. The holster I posted above became a winner for me right away. It was the first IWB I bought for the LCP. I can't say that for my other carry pistols. I went through at least 3 or 4 each before settling on something I was satisfied with. Holsters are very personal and probably just as important as the gun you select to be your every day carry solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Kch likes this.

2. #12 re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    And two belt clips to fiddle with----Talk about "belt and suspenders".
    Agreed, I don't even like the two clip hybrids for my large SS 9's.
    Joenaper likes this.

3. #13 re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    Double that, bro.!
    Triple that plus my body shape doesn't really lend itself well to IWB holsters. ;-) I prefer pocket carry for my LCP. I also have a small OWB holster I really like a lot but it's zippered, so it's really not designed for rapid deployment.
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    I'm wondering if anyone has found an IWB, single clip preferably, holster for the LCP II with the Factory installed Viridian E Series laser? Thanks

6. #15 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob38 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has found an IWB, single clip preferably, holster for the LCP II with the Factory installed Viridian E Series laser? Thanks
    See my prev. post/comment ref. the Viridian on my welcome to you. Be careful of some of the soft type holsters-some lasers are activated by IWB carry in them.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

7. #16 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    IWB Kydex Gun Holsters | PJ Holster

8. #17 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    ETS
    To me, having a laser on an LCP or LCPII seems akin to putting a rear air wing on an eco-car. Considering the very short distances and very short deployment times involved in the vast majority of self defense scenarios, just learn to focus on the front sight.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LCP(2), LCP Custom(4) LC9S (semi-pro)(3), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, MK IV Tactical, SR 22, 10/22 Takedown Lite, M77(.223), Mini-14, PCC 9
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

9. #18 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    ETS
    Take a look at Vedder holsters. They are adjustable for degree of cant of up to 30 deg., both forward and rearward; depth of carry, and degree of retention. Strong, tuckable, metal clip and nice quality and just a tad pricey. Padding the rear not necessary for small firearms, but a built in sweat shield smooths things out and protects the weapon's finish somewhat.
    ETS
    +++("Ed")+++
    NRA Benefactor
    Gun Owners of America
    Freedom 's Never Free

10. #19 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Thanks for the holster recommendations guys. Will take a look.

11. #20 Re: Ruger LCP II holster options? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    This inexpensive Concealment Express holster has really exceeded my expectations and it's so easy to carry. I hardly ever pocket carry anymore even though that's why I bought the LCP. This little rig makes all-day, every day carry a snap.
    Joe, this is exactly one of the holsters I have been eyeing for either my Pico or Kahr, and cost is less than some of the others. I will most likely be carrying the Pico as my standard carry, because I like the thin design. I am wondering if you like the sweat shield option or and/or do you think it is actually necessary? I gather from the Picture you provided, that you bought the holster with the "Cant" which I will most likely get.
    I have also considered a Pocket holster, but just for very Minimal use. I like my pockets for other things than a gun, and find them lousy on fast draw, and in a car, fast draw out of the pocket does not exist. I also rarely carry IWB, If I do it will be the Pico. A nice holster OTW is easy done, faster to the draw, easy to conceal and more comfortable.

Please let me know about the sweat shield, and thanks for posting.
    Joenaper likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads