LCP picture thread. Pics up! - Page 32

LCP picture thread. Pics up!

This is a discussion on LCP picture thread. Pics up! within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Damn, I was looking at the pin that Denny4kids linked to (seems good as well, though the new retaining spring that comes with it is ...

Like Tree153Likes

Thread: LCP picture thread. Pics up!

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
  1. #311 Re: LCP picture thread. Pics up! 
    Damn, I was looking at the pin that Denny4kids linked to (seems good as well, though the new retaining spring that comes with it is underwhelming), when I decided to look at other LCP toys: They have an LCP Trigger Spring Kit that claims to bring the pull weight down to 4lbs or less!! It has a ton of positive comments (I've got some of their stuff already, and it's good.), and is $20. Guys, if this thing is decent, this could be awesome. I never had any interest in the aluminum sweet-pea triggers (I like my LCP simple), but this is just lighter springs. I suspect it will cause issues with some ammo (it will be a lighter strike), but it would be worth it. Thoughts??

Link to Trigger Kit

LCP picture thread.  Pics up!-ruger-lcp-trigger-spring-kit.jpg

2. #312 Re: LCP picture thread. Pics up! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladius64 View Post
    Damn, I was looking at the pin that Denny4kids linked to (seems good as well, though the new retaining spring that comes with it is underwhelming), when I decided to look at other LCP toys: They have an LCP Trigger Spring Kit that claims to bring the pull weight down to 4lbs or less!! It has a ton of positive comments (I've got some of their stuff already, and it's good.), and is $20. Guys, if this thing is decent, this could be awesome. I never had any interest in the aluminum sweet-pea triggers (I like my LCP simple), but this is just lighter springs. I suspect it will cause issues with some ammo (it will be a lighter strike), but it would be worth it. Thoughts??

Link to Trigger Kit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger-LCP-Trigger-Spring-Kit.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	14368
    I like the Gen2 trigger as is.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

3. #313 Re: LCP picture thread. Pics up! 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I like the Gen2 trigger as is.
    I have the Gen2 as well, and whenever I take her out to shoot at targets, the long hard trigger always ruins my aim. If I squeeze all the way till it is just about to break, then aim, I'm not bad, but that feels like a strange way to shoot (like a really bad SA revolver). With my LC9s (admittedly striker fired), I can aim before / through my pull and still expect to keep my aim. Are you saying you like the long firm pull cause it's a pocket pistol without a safety and the trigger is 'good enough' and the trigger serves as a safety (revolvers don't have a safety), or is your Gen2 trigger not pushing 10lbs.? I've taken to using the little rubber trigger stops, and would like a smoother lighter pull (I'm a little guy, and the pull is just a bit too much for me, over 7 or 8 rounds).

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #314 Re: LCP picture thread. Pics up! 
    Mine is less than 10lbs. Probably 7- 8 but I am only guessing. I like the whole feel of it. At the distances I shoot it at, it is plenty accurate. To me, it is how a pocket pistol should be. Target shooting and self defense carry/shooting are 2 different things. Maybe because I started shooting DA revolvers way back the longer trigger pulls don't bother me. My LC9 S PRO makes me nervous with one in the chamber. I will only carry it hot in a tight fitting kydex holster, never re holster it on my body, and remove the chambered round at home. I have seen my share of firearm misshapes over my years. Most with rifles. I don't feel comfortable being around others with guns, even law enforcement. I always hunted solo when I use to hunt. Too many Dick
    Cheneys in the world.
    rclark28 likes this.
    Raylan Givens > Justified > Quotable Quote
    “If you run into an ahole in the morning, you ran into an ahole. If you run into aholes all day, you're the ahole.”

6. #315 Re: LCP picture thread. Pics up! 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Mine is less than 10lbs. Probably 7- 8 but I am only guessing. I like the whole feel of it. At the distances I shoot it at, it is plenty accurate. To me, it is how a pocket pistol should be. Target shooting and self defense carry/shooting are 2 different things. Maybe because I started shooting DA revolvers way back the longer trigger pulls don't bother me. My LC9 S PRO makes me nervous with one in the chamber. I will only carry it hot in a tight fitting kydex holster, never re holster it on my body, and remove the chambered round at home. I have seen my share of firearm misshapes over my years. Most with rifles. I don't feel comfortable being around others with guns, even law enforcement. I always hunted solo when I use to hunt. Too many Dick
    Cheneys in the world.
    I will admit, my pull is closer to 8-9lbs, and I understand that I should not be looking for/ expecting a target style trigger, but as it is now, I worry that if I were to use it in a defensive situation, my desire for even some accuracy will be at odds with the heavy pull. I may very well go back to stock, but the kit is here, and I still have reasonable expectations. I'll give my objective opinion after I've tried it.
    pennsy likes this.

7. #316 M*CARBO Spring Kit 
    So I just got back my LCP with the M*CARBO spring kit installed. Everyone at the LGS wanted to try it (LCPs and LCP IIs are big sellers there). There was no one who seemed worried about the trigger weight. There is still no take up, just a long steady pull, followed by the break. The difference in pull weight is dramatic. I would say the pull was less than 4lbs, but I know that's because you have a steady 3ish pound pull with the 4lbs at the break, so your mind fixates on the overall pull. The reset clicks (The LCP has the fake click before the real one) seem much more distinct. I tried one of their Gen 2 LCPs, so I could make a direct comparison, and the improvement is ludicrous. I now want to go shooting just to run through a box of 380! If you've ever shot the LCP for even a short while, you know how weird that sounds. The 13lb recoil spring, grip sleeve, and mag extension have already made the recoil tolerable, so...

8. #317 Re: M*CARBO Spring Kit 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladius64 View Post
    So I just got back my LCP with the M*CARBO spring kit installed. Everyone at the LGS wanted to try it (LCPs and LCP IIs are big sellers there). There was no one who seemed worried about the trigger weight. There is still no take up, just a long steady pull, followed by the break. The difference in pull weight is dramatic. I would say the pull was less than 4lbs, but I know that's because you have a steady 3ish pound pull with the 4lbs at the break, so your mind fixates on the overall pull. The reset clicks (The LCP has the fake click before the real one) seem much more distinct. I tried one of their Gen 2 LCPs, so I could make a direct comparison, and the improvement is ludicrous. I now want to go shooting just to run through a box of 380! If you've ever shot the LCP for even a short while, you know how weird that sounds. The 13lb recoil spring, grip sleeve, and mag extension have already made the recoil tolerable, so...
    Glad you have your LCP the way you want it. If you would, please compare the before and after primer strike indentations. Some think the light hammer spring will cause light primer strikes. Hopefully the strikes look the same and we may put that idea to rest. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

9. #318 Re: M*CARBO Spring Kit 
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    If you would, please compare the before and after primer strike indentations. Some think the light hammer spring will cause light primer strikes. Hopefully the strikes look the same and we may put that idea to rest. Den
    Will do, I have some spent brass from a couple months back, so when I get out to shoot (which now might be a couple weeks), I will save a few to compare, and can even put up pictures. This all assumes I don't get light strikes and such, though the reviews of others have me very hopeful.
    Denny4kids likes this.

10. #319 Re: LCP picture thread. Pics up! 
    New User
    Here is mine freshly overhauled with a Galloway Precision turn key carry kit installed.LCP picture thread.  Pics up!-img_2863.jpg
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-01-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    rclark28 likes this.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Here is mine freshly overhauled with a Galloway Precision turn key carry kit installed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2863.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	14492
    How are you liking the set up after getting everything installed? I emailed them the other day and asked about sending my pistol in to have them do the work on it.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads