Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP?

Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP?

This is a discussion on Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I am just worndring if any of Yall carry fmj in your lcp? And what brand or grain fmj you carry. :...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    I am just worndring if any of Yall carry fmj in your lcp? And what brand or grain fmj you carry. :

2. #2 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    Nope, Hornady CD.
    Keep Calm, Carry on

3. #3 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    Horanday CD Here
    It`s what you learn after you "know it all " that counts !

LCP C/T
    G-17 4th Gen
    S &W K-22
    S & W 29 44Mag
    Browning Shotguns
    Ruger 10-22

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    Please take a look at the following post for some info on FMJ 380 ACP ammo. http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index...1873#msg171873

6. #5 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    Yea cd is good I just dont like the penetration. Its gets about 10inch top and if some is wearing a jacket and shirt and is an obese person it may not hit a vital organ and I would rather have a fmj with 18inch of penetration and have better chance of hitting a vital. Just my opinion I might keep the first 2 rds hornady cd then rest in mag fmj?

7. #6 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    boy I'd carry a different gun if I had that kind of doubt about the one in my pocket. but if fmj's are the way you're going to go, then just use whatever one is in your range bag. at least you'll know it cycles well and how it feels.
    In many contexts, "What would Jesus do?" is not a particularly helpful inquiry.

8. #7 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    Stopping power isn't just a head or heart shot... it's about shock waves and wound channels anywhere in center mass. It's also about not going through-and-through and hitting a bystander. You hit a "vital organ" like a liver or a lung with an FMJ, they'll bleed out in the absence of medical attention, but not nearly as fast as with a Hornady CD (or similar)... the early expansion channel will be substantially larger than the expanded bullet itself.

That being said, if you're insistent on carrying a non-expanding FMJ in your .380, Federal Champions would be a good choice.

9. #8 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    Quote Originally Posted by glock31
    Yea cd is good I just dont like the penetration. Its gets about 10inch top and if some is wearing a jacket and shirt and is an obese person it may not hit a vital organ and I would rather have a fmj with 18inch of penetration and have better chance of hitting a vital. Just my opinion I might keep the first 2 rds hornady cd then rest in mag fmj?
    kinda like the way you're thinking. Maybe two rounds CD. Two rounds "heavy" FMJ for better penetration. Two rounds "light" FMJ for maximum penetration. That leaves one round for .... Damn, now my LCP holds too many rounds! LOL

Me: It's not how often you fall down, but how often you get back up!
    Cop: That's not how this field sobriety test works.

10. #9 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    Quote Originally Posted by rpott3
    kinda like the way you're thinking. Maybe two rounds CD. Two rounds "heavy" FMJ for better penetration. Two rounds "light" FMJ for maximum penetration. That leaves one round for .... Damn, now my LCP holds too many rounds! LOL
    In my opinion, one should carry only a single cartridge type in a self-defense weapon. The reason for this thought is my fear of what attorneys might do with the concept of "two of these, two of those", etc. It would be much like the risk of carrying handloaded ammunition that could be seen as "He made up killer ammunition" in court.

One good reason for NOT using FMJ (especially the round-nose bullet type) is the chance of over-penetration and hurting someone who might have been behind the intended target.

Most FMJ ammunition that we find on the shelves is cheaply made "range" ammunition and is nowhere near as reliable as better quality "self-defense" ammunition from the more reputable manufacturers. The only failure to extract/eject that I've had with my LCP was with a Winchester "White Box" round that was quite apparently very much under-loaded. I measured the velocity of that stuff and found it all over the place as compared to Cor-Bon ammunition.
    Skip Douglas

11. #10 Re: Anyone know a good FMJ for a carry load in the LCP? 
    I don't give a second thought to what an attorney might ask me about my ammo in the aftermath. A lawyer will ask you what type of shoes you wear and all sorts of silly crap because it's their job to ask leading questions to trick you into saying something stupid. Load what you think will work for you and get a good lawyer if you ever need to shoot someone.
    In many contexts, "What would Jesus do?" is not a particularly helpful inquiry.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads