Training and practice at the range. Drills and target recommendations.

Training and practice at the range. Drills and target recommendations.

This is a discussion on Training and practice at the range. Drills and target recommendations. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; Now that some of the ranges have opened up for training I am going to get more serious and attempt to use my time more ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By chefduane

Thread: Training and practice at the range. Drills and target recommendations.

1. #1 Training and practice at the range. Drills and target recommendations. 
    Now that some of the ranges have opened up for training I am going to get more serious and attempt to use my time more efficiently. I love the time at the range and have started to go more often. Whiskeyshooter posted a drill for shooting so I decided to start getting some more drills into the mix.
    *I also may look into getting some advanced training and possibly get involved with one of the groups for target shooting. I do have a great LGS "The Bullet Ranch" in Pataskala Ohio and they have a good group of safe and reliable shooters. I love the indoor range but also want to get to some of the outdoor venues if possible. Keeping the fun factor in the mix too.
    *Practice with my centerfires and rimfires I hope will become more productive. Anyone have any target and drill recommendations?
    Thanks in advance from a old new shooter. Be safe and be healthy.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

2. #2 Re: Training and practice at the range. Drills and target recommendations. 
    Here's a target to use:

Training and practice at the range. Drills and target recommendations.-antifa-target.png
    There is no greater protection against evil on the rampage than a loaded firearm in the hands of a free man.

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus
    CGC Point Evans WPB 82354
    MSO LA/LB SAR & Drug Interdiction Team

3. #3 Re: Training and practice at the range. Drills and target recommendations. 
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Here's a target to use:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antifa target.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	14560
    Oh man! That's pretty funny! The range that I belong to won't allow any targets that even remotely [email protected]@K like anything human, but I will ask to see if a "sub-human" target like that would be allowed. But, I can sure use it on my range out back.

Hope you don't mind if I print yours out?

Each August when our gun club holds "Family Range Day" I work the .22 pistol range. I changed the shooting from the dull "bullseye paper targets" to reactionary targets that the kids 10 years old and above like to shoot at. Here's one that I use, and I staple a small zip lock bag of green liquid dish soap behind the target and into the back board behind center mass. When the kid hits the target just right, the green liquid oozes out and down the back board. Get a surprised reaction from the shooter:

No complaints about that "zombie target", at least so far.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads