Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns?

Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns?

This is a discussion on Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the General Category category; I'm reading a lot of people are getting the LCP II in .22, and the reviews of the Single Six are glowing (and its progenitor, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rmichael63

Thread: Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns?

1. #1 Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns? 
    I'm reading a lot of people are getting the LCP II in .22, and the reviews of the Single Six are glowing (and its progenitor, the Security Six). And the Wrangler, an even cheaper version of the veritable wheelgun. I know that in the past I've looked down at loads less than 9mm. Then I got the .380 (my LCP II). And I like it! I even got a NAA PUG-T in .22WMR. It's pretty cool, too.

Am I weakening, or am I missing something about the .22?
    You can't call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

2. #2 Re: Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns? 
    It's all about a fun fairly inexpensive round for plinking. Range visits are usually a big caliber and a 22 in some form. Would not trade any of my (3) 22's for anything ... embrace the caliber you won't regret it ...
    rclark28 likes this.

... P Series Rule ... Glocks drool ...
    NRA Life Member

3. #3 Re: Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns? 
    As others have stated it is a good practice round and it is a personal choice and adventure. I started out with the Mark III 22/45 just to train for our 1911's but ended up just enjoying the range time. After another SR22, LCRx 22LR and now a LCPII 22LR I am getting a SA revolver for the range. I have had no issues with Ruger like some have reported so that is another factor. Take your time and get what caliber works for you.
    PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns? 
    Quote Originally Posted by rmichael63 View Post
    It's all about a fun fairly inexpensive round for plinking. Range visits are usually a big caliber and a 22 in some form. Would not trade any of my (3) 22's for anything ... embrace the caliber you won't regret it ...
    I honestly can't give a non subjective reason, but ever since I was young, shooting 22s has always felt akin to shooting a BB gun, kinda fun, for what it is , but not satisfying or "Real". I can kinda see the value in very inexpensive practice, but with 0 recoil, and crazy accuracy, it glosses over the aspects that make larger calibers challenging. I certainly don't disrespect anyone who shoots 22s, but I have never come away from shooting a BB gun or a 22 (Pistol or Rifle, and 22LR for context) and feeling as though I had scratched the shooting itch.

6. #5 Re: Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns? 
    I own 2 SR22s. One cheapy Cabelas special and one of their upgraded ones, black slide FDE frame. Both have run flawlessly thru 1000s of rounds. I take them to the range to keep sharp as I have a crapload of 22 ammo. With all other calibers still being hard to find it is really nice to get in an hour of range time rather cheaply. They are accurate and a hoot to shoot. Take down is super easy and I would recommend them to anyone.

7. #6 Re: Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns? 
    But wait !!! There's more !!! I mean, who didn't grow up shooting 22s...? Today with ammo being pricey I always start my range sessions with a 22 or two. It keeps you sharp and is cheap to shoot. I really have an issue with ANY 22 priced over 300 bucks. That is just freeking ridiculous. I own SR22s, a Heritage RR in 22/22 magnum, an old SW semi auto 22 and a Wrangler. Two Henrys in 22 and of course a 10/22. That is about a quarter of my herd. Lots of bigger caliber guns but I will always own and shoot 22s. Love em but hate the way over priced models. Just insane for a 22. Own them, shoot them, and have some cheap fun !

8. #7 Re: Why Am I So Resistant To Ruger's .22 Guns? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    But wait !!! There's more !!! I mean, who didn't grow up shooting 22s...?
    Well actually, I didn't. Most of my youth was spent overseas where guns weren't as common (or available) as they are in the U. S. A. I once shot a friend's .22 rifle, but the only gun I owned as a teen was a BB handgun that was shaped like a .45.
    You can't call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads