22.cal

22.cal

This is a discussion on 22.cal within the Ammo Cache forums, part of the General Category category; Center fire ammo is dry. Thankfully I stocked up well for the past few years and my Prime Member ship has more than paid for ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Whiskeyshooter
  • 1 Post By SGW Gunsmith
  • 1 Post By rclark28

Thread: 22.cal

1. #1 22.cal 
    Center fire ammo is dry. Thankfully I stocked up well for the past few years and my Prime Member ship has more than paid for itself many times over.

I am shooting 22.cal now very frequently to keep up my point and shoot skills.

Just ordered. Final cost to door. AGuila Super. 1,000 rds. (.05 cents per rd)

Sub Total: $45.98
    Shipping Insurance: $0.71
    Shipping: Free (with Prime)
    Tax: $2.76
    Total: $49.45

Prime Ammo Membership
    savings on this order:
    $15.00

Every year I get a gift. Nice powder coated can this year and a few boxes of 22.cal

37 orders last yrs. Partial stack

This order of 12ga Buckshot.
    Last edited by Whiskeyshooter; 06-20-2020 at 04:03 AM.
    rclark28 and SGW Gunsmith like this.

2. #2 Re: 22.cal 
    Don't smoke in there!
    Curly smoked in here...
    YOU AIN"T CURLY!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Can you identify which movie that's from?
    Judging from your avatar, I'd bet you can.

3. #3 Re: 22.cal 
    Keeping stocked up these days is a good idea. I have been shooting rimfire quite a bit lately and love it at my old age. Good way to keep some skills and learn new ones.
    *I thought about a "Prime Ammo Membership". Is yours with Target Sports USA? Is it worth to you?
    *We have sporadic ammo shortages here and it stinks. I have a ton but would like to have another ton just because.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: 22.cal 
    One thing for dang sure is, I will never be caught short on .22 rimfire ammunition. I like shooting my .22's way too much for that, and I really like trying new .22 rimfire ammunition, even though it's probably just the dang box that [email protected]@KS different.
    Even still, I gotta admire the .22 rimfire manufacturers these days as they are doing some great work with slower burning powders, better primer mixes and better bullet lubricants. Even the bullet bearing surfaces are looking better.
    rclark28 likes this.
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

6. #5 Re: 22.cal 
    I wouldn't say that centerfire ammo is dry. It's not as cheap or as plentiful as it was 5 months ago, but it can be found.
    I have both a BassPro Shop and Cabela's store within 30 minutes of me.

I caught some of the Herters 115 grain 9mm FMJ in stock at Cabela's a couple weeks ago and got 500 rounds for $0.18 per round. Herters is the Cablela and Bass Pro Shop brand and I really like it. I got it online with free shipping.

The BassPro has American Eagle 115grain 9mm FMJ in stock in the store now for $0.24 per round.

I also have a Dunham Sporting Goods store near me and they have a delivery every Wed afternoon and put out the stock first thing on Thursday. If you want 9mm target ammo you need to be there when they open at 10 am. It usually only lasts about 2 hours before it's sold out.

I picked up 500 rounds of 124 grain 9mm Blazer last week for $0.26 per round. I have to go by there every Thursday morning anyway, so I don't have to make a special trip for it.

I have pretty close to 5000 rounds of 9mm on hand that for 2/3 of I paid about $0.17 per round for. But, those days are gone for the forseeable future, so when I can pick up some for $0.24 or so I'm still going to buy it. There's a lot selling on Gunbroker now for $0.50 and I just saw some steel case Tula for $0.36

I picked up 500 rounds of the Herters in .380 a few weeks back to for $0.28 per round and 300 rounds of 5.56 mm for $0.34. Now that Herters 5.56 mm isn't going to shoot competition size groups but its fine for an afternoon at the range.

As to rimfire I have noticed that .22 magnum is pretty available at about the same price as before. CCI Maxi Mags are about $0.22 per round. I've been buying some of them for the KelTec PMR 30, I've been shooting it more lately.

And, the Walmart near me had plenty of CCI Mini Mags in .22 LR. about $0.08 per round I think.
    Last edited by Greg B.; 07-26-2020 at 08:25 PM.

7. #6 Re: 22.cal 
    If you have access to ammo take the opportunity to stock up. We all need to practice. We all need to protect our loved ones!
    Just my observation... This past week locally centerfire has started to dry up. Those that have stock have put limits on quantity. Some stores are OUT of .9mm. Some ranges do not have any range ammo. Our club is out of range ammo. Prices are very high this weekend and higher than last weekend. Rimfire is now very low here as well with limits. I learned from past shortages and will be in great shape for all my training purposes. There are many out there that will feel the pinch. There are many groups arming themselves and ammo is needed by all. Times are very dicey with all the turmoil. Conserve what you have and protect the ones you love.
    Whiskeyshooter likes this.
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

8. #7 Re: 22.cal 
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark28 View Post
    Keeping stocked up these days is a good idea. I have been shooting rimfire quite a bit lately and love it at my old age. Good way to keep some skills and learn new ones.
    *I thought about a "Prime Ammo Membership". Is yours with Target Sports USA? Is it worth to you?
    *We have sporadic ammo shortages here and it stinks. I have a ton but would like to have another ton just because.
    Sorry, just now saw this post from you. Prime with Target sports has been a God Send. I was buying 9mm Steel case ammo (which all my semi autos shoot just fine) at $6.44 a box, no limit shipped free to my DOOR. Other ammo like American Eagle 124 gr. was $8.45 no limit. I was getting deals on rimfire, shotgun etc.

Last year, I had 37 orders. This year forget it. I have been buying mostly the RIMFIRE but that is drying up fast. One thing about TS is they are FAST. I have been having orders of rimfire coming in every 5 days for the past few months. Great packing!
    I also shoot a lot of Buckshot. Here is just one of many orders of nothing but different size Buck. Try finding any now. NADA.

9. #8 Re: 22.cal 
    I am not, currently, or destined to be, in the near future denied possession of .22 Long Rifle ammunition. The free-loading cat will starve from lack of "Festive Feasts", first! I just received a brick, or ten boxes of Eley Tenex that I want to treat my .22 rimfires to. Yah, it's a bit pricey, but how will we EVER know unless we try some of this ammunition to see what all the hype is about?:

Now, my main passion involves .22 Long Rifle firearms, and I own quite a few. I do not spend time in saloons, golf, do bowling, or have a gas guzzling boat to pull scantily clad 19 year old females over the many lakes we have here. My libido involves shooting .22 firearms, and maybe three fingers of a good bourbon, now and then. So, OK, I may be a .22 Long Rifle "hoarder" by some folks standards, but that's what I LOVE to do:
    There is absolutely NO reason to hate this country. Just think about what you have.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads