I Can't Help It!

I Can't Help It!

This is a discussion on I Can't Help It! within the Ammo Cache forums, part of the General Category category; I found some new .22 rimfire ammunition put out by SK, and I now have a brick of 500 to test and see if it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SGW Gunsmith

Thread: I Can't Help It!

1. #1 I Can't Help It! 
    I found some new .22 rimfire ammunition put out by SK, and I now have a brick of 500 to test and see if it just might be worth my while:

Long range? 100 yards and beyond? How far beyond?

The bullet design is no different looking than most all of the other 40 grain .22 rimfire bullets that I'm accustomed to, so I just may need to pull a bullet and see if there just might be a tiny "jet engine" built into the base so the bullet can go beyond:

For sure, I'm gonna shoot these at my starting distance of 35 meters, only to see how they group from a few of my rifles. I will post targeted groups, both good and bad for all the world to see.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

2. #2 Re: I Can't Help It! 
    Waiting to read your range report on these long range .22 and your final thoughts on them.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    Logic will get you from A to B, Imagination will take you everywhere.
    μολὼν λαβέ

3. #3 Re: I Can't Help It! 
    I notice they are low velocity. I wonder how well they will cycle in a semi-auto rifle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: I Can't Help It! 
    This one I will put on my list to try. Kind of trying to keep a big backup stock and get back to testing ammo for my rimfires. Having a blast!
    Wounded Warrior Project
    "Protect the ones you love!"
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    NRA Member

6. #5 Re: I Can't Help It! 
    It's my biggest weakness! I just LOVE testing .22 rimfire ammunition, in most any form that I can get my paws on:

I have 11, .22 rimfire rifles that I use as "crash-test dummies" and 23 .22 rimfire pistols that are also employed to produce measured velocities from 4-inch to 10-inch barrel lengths. I even get this old "bridesmaid" involved every now and then:

Or this one to clear out the spiders living in the bore while sitting in the safe:

rclark28 and Whiskeyshooter like this.
    " I really like this NEW .45. It certainly gets a lot more done than the old .44 ever did."

7. #6 Re: I Can't Help It! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyshooter View Post
    I notice they are low velocity. I wonder how well they will cycle in a semi-auto rifle.
    That's a good point. I initially was only going to go with several bolt action .22 rimfire rifles, but now will try some in my 10/22 to check function. I also have these to try, if only to see if they are just another marketing "gimmick", or not:

8. #7 Re: I Can't Help It! 
    boo
    I have never seen this ammo before. Do you mind telling us how much it cost?. Will be watching for your group test, especially with bolt action rifles.
    I use SK match a lot in my CZ with very good results.
    SK and Eley make different grades of ammo. Anxious to see how this new ammo compares.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads