Bulk Ammo

Bulk Ammo

This is a discussion on Bulk Ammo within the Ammo Cache forums, part of the General Category category; After yesterday's trip to the range I'm beginning to think of a reliable source for ammo. Say 500 rounds or so to start off with. ...

Thread: Bulk Ammo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Bulk Ammo 
    dwpmusic
    After yesterday's trip to the range I'm beginning to think of a reliable source for ammo. Say 500 rounds or so to start off with. The dealer I bought Elsie from is getting $24.99 for a box of FMJ American Eagle. While I like to support him I also would like to be able to find a source which some members here have had good luck with. I've already pretty much decided on Hornady Critical Defense as a carry round. I don't want to buy that in great quantity but a good practice FMJ round is what I want. After yesterday, I don't think Elsie has much of a preference as to what it is. I shot American Eagle and CCI Blazer yesterday and before I returned the Diamonback I had shot some PMC in it. I'm thinking, from my limited relationship with Elsie, that she just loves to eat and will gladly accept anything I feed her. Hope I'm right. I noticed an ad in a magazine for a place called Cheaper Than Dirt. Looked at their website and they seem to have good prices. I'd love to have some input from anyone as to what source you've had good luck with for a target round. I don't think I will be getting into reloading so a good source is what I want. Thanks for anyones help.

2. #2 Re: Bulk Ammo 
    shellsangels
    I have had my best luck with ammotogo.com. There is a good list of suppliers in the Ammo Cache. Best of luck. Tom

3. #3 Re: Bulk Ammo 
    dwpmusic
    Thanks Tom. I'll certainly check them out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Bulk Ammo 
    I've been buying 250 round boxes of Remmington at Wally World for 60 bucks locally.

6. #5 Re: Bulk Ammo 
    +1 The stickie in the Ammo Cache section is a good reference. Welcome to the forum from the Seattle area.

I have bought some cases of ammo from:

http://www.targetsportsusa.com/default.aspx

Free shipping if you buy a case, sometimes have good sales.

(PM sent to Tarheel to add the link to the Ammo Cache stickie.)

Be safe,
    boomer
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

7. #6 Re: Bulk Ammo 

8. #7 Re: Bulk Ammo 
    Quote Originally Posted by shellsangels
    I have had my best luck with ammotogo.com. There is a good list of suppliers in the Ammo Cache. Best of luck. Tom
    +1...just bought 500 rounds of Independence 90 grain FMJ for $169.77 (includes S&H), or$16.98/box. I buy almost all of my ammo here, they have the best prices & pretty quick delivery. Never have to drive around looking for a specific type of ammo, have it delivered to my office. Yogi

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index....k4lh8nvfnudj86

Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

9. #8 Re: Bulk Ammo 
    Yogi.......Hope you find time to shoot all that ammo............
    Life is to short to shoot ugly guns....May Glocks live forever....

10. #9 Re: Bulk Ammo 
    dwpmusic
    Well, I know it will take some time but you never know when the anti gun nuts will make is almost impossible to buy ammunition or guns. They've certainly worked on it for years.

11. #10 Re: Bulk Ammo 
    dwpmusic, best to shop around for the best available price. Also, attempt to buy in quantity (several calibers if necessary) to spread the S&H charge over each box. One can usually have 10+ boxes of ammo (my usual order) shipped for about the same price as one (UPS doesn't get all excited about an extra pound or two with their basic charge). The basic vendor charge to handle the sale will eat you alive on small quantities, but becomes very reasonable on decent sized orders, especially if you are in a state where no sales tax applies...and that's most of them. Here's the link to the ammo vendors Sticky referred to above:

http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=7506.0

As to your inquiry on Cheaper Than Dirt....they are on the vendor list, but many members swore they'd never buy from them, including me, when there was a severe .380 shortage. CTD gouged the heck out of customers comparing them to other vendors who were fair with pricing when the .380 showed up occasionally...your call, of course.

Tarheel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads