Charter arms 22lr pathfinder

This is a discussion on Charter arms 22lr pathfinder within the Wheel Guns forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Anyone know anything about these? good, bad? one I looked at on internet was a 4" target revolver?...

Thread: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder

1. #1 Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    Anyone know anything about these? good, bad? one I looked at on internet was a 4" target revolver?

2. #2 Re: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    I had one back in the 80's it was a great little gun. I have been looking for another Charter Arms to replace it.

3. #3 Re: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    same here....i had a 3" .22lr pathfinder in the 80's it was a jewel.

the two .44spl bull dogs i had at that same time were junk.

4. #4 Re: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    Had a reputation as a great .22 revolver but not a target piece... (I.E., NRA bullseye) excellent plinker.....I'd grab a good one if I found it....
    NRA BENEFACTOR LM
    NYS Rifle and Pistol Association LM
    Empire State Arms Collectors Association LM

Everyone Needs a Code They Can Live By....

5. #5 Re: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    i just saw a new C.A. pathfinder 4" at my local shop.

here is the first thing i noticed. the stainless steel frame had pin hole sized holes in it in various places, like blow holes that occure during casting of metal.

the next thing i noticed was the cylinder release was stiff and popping the cylinder out of the frame was stiff also.

the trigger pull in D/A was lousy but in S/A was descent.

this gun was brand new so a good cleaning shouldnt be needed to get the stiffness out, it just seemed to be poorly fitted. maybe some break-in of parts would get things to work smoothly with each other, maybe.

but the part that bothered me the most was blow holes in the frame. i cant believe they let this on out of the factory. i know its just a .22lr but where is their pride? and for $329.00!

i dont know if this is the usual for them lately as they only had one sample in the store but i was not impressed in the slightest, and i like budget guns that are reliable and priced reasonably like the Bersa .380s, now that was a sleeper whos reputation is now bumping up their price tag.

6. #6 Re: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    I have not been impressed with the CA recent productions either....quality seems to have dissipated considerably. I played with several at the recent Raleigh gun show. I also handled the Taurus 990 Tracker...either 22lr or 22mag...with 4" barrel in matte stainless. Sweet pistol, but I'd look at the 6" for a little better target performance. Prices are about the same as the CA Pathfinder and there is simply no comparison in fit and finish...Taurus wins hands down winner.

Tarheel

7. #7 Re: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    And considering Taurus and its history, it is interesting that they rank better on the quality meter than brand x or y or z.

8. #8 Re: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    ...history changed when Beretta became the manufacturer of Taurus weapons. The brand is gaining on the polls leaps and bounds and that is by reviews by leading weapons experts. I handled both the CA and 900 and stand by my comparison. Don't rely on my judgment, however...go to a decent gun shop and see for yourself....YMMV.

Tarheel

9. #9 Re: Charter arms 22lr pathfinder 
    if we're going to put Taurus and C.A. head to head i'd like to point out the superior differnces of the no longer made Taurus .44spl 2" (model 445?) that came in blue, stainless, and titanium. it was built better than the C.A. bulldog .44spl but like S&W it was discontinued for lack of sales.....

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads