New SR-22 issue

New SR-22 issue

This is a discussion on New SR-22 issue within the SR Discussion forums, part of the SR category; At the range today I shot around 50 rounds each of Rem, CCI MiniMag, Velocitor, and Eley. There were at least two rounds per mag ...

Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New SR-22 issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 New SR-22 issue 
    At the range today I shot around 50 rounds each of Rem, CCI MiniMag, Velocitor, and Eley. There were at least two rounds per mag that required two or three trigger pulls to fire! Sometimes it was the first round and then it might start with the 3rd or 7th or whatever round. It happened in single AND double action. No rhyme or reason. Two other shooters at the range had the same experience. So, out of approx 200 rounds, I had around 50 bullets of all types that didn't go bang. The ones that did had no problems.

I thoroughly stripped/cleaned the gun and didn't get any solvent/oil near firing pin. I want to love this gun and after reading the reviews I'm going to try another one, if I can't get this to work. Seems to me it's a firing pin issue?

Thanks for input. I found plenty of complaints on the internet, but didn't find any like my problem. I will post this in some other forums too.

2. #2 re: New SR-22 issue 
    Welcome to the forum Veprjack! If your primer strikes on the rounds that did not fire look lighter than the spent cases, you might want to give Ruger a call. Please let us know how everything turned out. Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

3. #3 re: New SR-22 issue 
    Welcome to the forum from Oregon! Sorry to hear of the problems with your SR22. Hopefully if you contact Ruger customer service they will be able to help your problem. Please keep us updated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 re: New SR-22 issue 
    Welcome to the forum from Western Pa.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

6. #5 re: New SR-22 issue 
    That happened to mine. Eventually the striker broke. Sent back to Ruger and they replaced the entire top end. Runs like a champ now.
    There are only two enemies of guns, rust and politicians!

7. #6 re: New SR-22 issue 
    I would try one more thing before calling Ruger. I would flush the firing block with Gun Scrubber or some such product. I have gotten very dirty guns right out of the box from Ruger. There may be some residue causing an occasional light strike. Also, it is one more thing you can describe to Ruger CS.
    Ruger CS is EXCELLENT. What ever the issue, they will fix it.
    By the way, I believe Velocitor is a hyper velocity round. They suggest not shooting them.

8. #7 re: New SR-22 issue 
    New User
    I have had misfires,mostly with Remington ammo. I rotate 90 degrees and try again. Since I have had misfires on several pistols, I would blame the ammo.
    On another issue, I have problems with the barrel leading with even clad ammo. After 50 rounds the projectiles are going sideways.
    Also had a problem with the slide latch spring popping loose and the slide release lever breaking and my slide flying 10 ft. downrange.
    It's a nice pistol, the feel the sights are great, I just wish it was more reliable.
    rayred

9. #8 re: New SR-22 issue 
    This pistol shoots like a champ, loves any ammo. Yes I also had the problem with the latch, Ruger fixed that. Funny, but I shoot a ton of Remington Golden and can't ever remember a light strike with multiple pistols. Remington did have a problem some years ago with bad ammo, (since corrected) but not primer strikes. I may be a odd man out, but Remington Golden are my favorite bulk ammo. My Bersa especially loves them.

10. #9 re: New SR-22 issue 
    Welcome to the forum.
    I have had very few issues with my SR22. I think they were all ammo issues.
    I would look at the rim to see if you are getting consistent firing pin strikes.
    Perhaps dirt in the firing pin block can be flushed out with Gun Scrubber or some such pressure cleaner.
    If not Ruger has great CS. They will send you a shipping label. and pay for shipping. All you have to do is drop it off at a Fedex shipping center.

11. #10 Re: New SR-22 issue 
    I am new to this forum as well. Just purchased an SR22 and having these same issues, brand new, tried all different types of ammo. That brought me to this thread. I have noticed the firing pin hits the back of the bullet just at the back top edge. It seems hit or miss with this model, either it runs like a champ or there's problems. I really want to keep it, but not enjoying shooting it. Maybe go to a P22 or a PPQ. Don't want to, but, don't think I should have to send a new gun back to the manufacturer

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads