New SR-22 issue - Page 3

New SR-22 issue

This is a discussion on New SR-22 issue within the SR Discussion forums, part of the SR category; I had issues running my SR22 with fresh Remington ammo this weekend. Passed it on to my brother who had problems with it in his ...

Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New SR-22 issue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: New SR-22 issue 
    I had issues running my SR22 with fresh Remington ammo this weekend. Passed it on to my brother who had problems with it in his S&W Victory. He then loaded his SP101 .22 with it and it ran with the exception that he believed it was firing light.
    The issue may have more to do with .22 ammo being pushed through production at the expense of quality control.

2. #22 Re: New SR-22 issue 
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Coyotes View Post
    I had issues running my SR22 with fresh Remington ammo this weekend. Passed it on to my brother who had problems with it in his S&W Victory. He then loaded his SP101 .22 with it and it ran with the exception that he believed it was firing light.
    The issue may have more to do with .22 ammo being pushed through production at the expense of quality control.
    Interesting to here you say this. I shoot a lot of 22.cal with a variety of pistols. I shoot a Bersa which many of you know requires a HV ammo. CCI and Remington Golden boys were my go to ammo. Both would cycle this gun very well. And of course Golden boys were less expensive. Over the years I did a ton of research of the test done with both ammunition. However, recently I took out the Bersa with New Remingtons and they just did not cut it. Thery was obviously lacking in power. Maybe just a bad batch? I have other batches I am going to try. Now here is something else I posted about. I had a box of Winchester bulk. My Gosh, the worst ammo I have ever shot in my life. It felt as if the powder was damp. Would not recycle any gun. Last week I opened another box of Winchester and they worked perfectly with only failure out of 100 rds.(Actually I believe it was user error of not seating the mag in full and this was the first round). I was shooting my SR22.
    I am hoping these were all bad batches and yes, quality control now maybe a issue. I think things are getting back to normal and quality will be back. I did notice that the bad batches were older bought during the shortage.

By the way, I encourage all to get a SR22. just a really reliable fun gun to shoot. I have seen some really good deals on them lately. I also just bought 4 more magzines. Will order 4 more in the next month.
    RICHGCOOP likes this.

3. #23 Re: New SR-22 issue 
    Dave did you ever think of getting an extra spring for your Bersa and start clipping coils till it would shoot standard velocity ammunition

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: New SR-22 issue 
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHGCOOP View Post
    Dave did you ever think of getting an extra spring for your Bersa and start clipping coils till it would shoot standard velocity ammunition

Yea, I have three springs now, and am going to start clipping back a little at a time. Did you do this Rich? If so how many coils did you cut? And did this work for you? I had just recently read about cutting the springs.

6. #25 Re: New SR-22 issue 
    I have never done it on a Versa I only have is a 380 and a 9 millimeter.
    I have clipped Springs stretched Springs and shimed springs for many years.
    I used to do trigger jobs for the gun shop across the street. I never bought a trigger kit I always used Springs I had in my box. I guess you would call me old school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads