Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Remington thunderbolt .22lr ammo

11K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  update 
#1 ·
Is this ammo some of the worst there Is for .22 lr?

#34 · (Edited)
Thanks, I really enjoy this MKIII. It shoots so well that it can get downright boring to shoot :tennis:
I went through quite a few grips looking for a set that actually improved my shooting.......and these did just that.

The left grip's thumbrest really helps

These grips are made by Altamont, their MARK III ULTIMA

#37 ·
I have a box of thunderbolts. Absolutely hate them. I first tried them in my Winchester pump 22. Jammed constantly. I borrowed my brother's Ruger single six and found that 1in 10 are bent and will not feed into the chamber. These are junk for anything other than a revolver.

#38 ·
Funny story Cabellas has put the 10/22 takedown on sale. Been wanting one of these so I ran on over to pick one up. I asked the clerk if they had any ammo in stock to go with the New gun. He said they are only selling 22's with the purchase of a new gun. He then reached under the counter and handed me 2 box's of Thunderbolts. I looked at him and said really don't you have anything else. He just smiled and gave me some Federals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.