Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP?

This is a discussion on Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; I'm just getting ready to hand over my hard-earned cash for an LCP, but I ran across this one: http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/ Looks very Glocklike, and being ...

Thread: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    I'm just getting ready to hand over my hard-earned cash for an LCP, but I ran across this one:

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/

Looks very Glocklike, and being a Glock fan, it's tempting...But seeing as this is a brand new company and this is the only gun they make, I'm a little skeptical.

Thoughts?

2. #2 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    Right now it looks like the Diamondback 380 is going through some growing pains......
    I would wait till they get the bugs out......I am a glock fan too....
    Life is to short to shoot ugly guns....May Glocks live forever....

3. #3 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    I'd say do some research on the DB,I've personally read plenty that would steer me away from it. IMO an LCP isn't the nicest .380, but it's for sure one of the most reliable.

4. #4 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    Quote Originally Posted by dgposton
    I'm just getting ready to hand over my hard-earned cash for an LCP, but I ran across this one:

http://www.diamondbackfirearms.com/

Looks very Glocklike, and being a Glock fan, it's tempting...But seeing as this is a brand new company and this is the only gun they make, I'm a little skeptical.

Thoughts?
    One thought, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

i bought one last month, and promptly returned it to get a lcp. i really wanted to love the db380, but with a 75% failure to extract rate after 175 rounds of various hp and fmj ammo, i had enough. my lcp is 100% through 300 rounds.

don't do it, just buy the lcp. fwiw, my friend has the taurus (lcp look alike), and it is 100% reliable as well.

5. #5 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    PX
    [quote=The Habernatho an LCP isn't the nicest .380, but it's for sure one of the most reliable.
    [/quote]

And, IMHO...

In the world of the self defense firearm, RELIABILITY makes for nice.....

Jesse
    "Laus Deo"

6. #6 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    DB380 looks real good in the specs department. But the LCP is a proven item on paper and at the range.

As everybody thus far has stated, it looks like the DB is going through growing pains and till the pains are worked out, I would go with the proven LCP. Or you might experience some pains if you are assaulted and your DB fails, when you need it most.

Personally on paper the DB380 looks like the one to go with and drew my attention. But, I am happy with my Little Guy.

One of the very good reasons to go with the LCP, is the great service that everybody receives from RUGER.

7. #7 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    PX
    [quote=Granpooba

Personally on paper the DB380 looks like the one to go with and drew my attention. But, I am happy with my Little Guy.
    One of the very good reasons to go with the LCP, is the great service that everybody receives from RUGER.
    [/quote]

Granpooba:

Hey, I love my LCP(s), but if the new Sig P238 were not single action, had ambi controls, and was RELIABLE I'd probably buy one of those, just fer..

I love the "looks" of the little Colt Mustang clone and:

It's a cute little sucker, but for me, for personal defense and cc, a single-action firearm just makes no sense..

I'm sure it does to Sig P238 folks, so no offense to them.

Best Wishes,

Jesse
    "Laus Deo"

8. #8 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    I finally got to see the db380 at my LGS. It sure is a nice looking mouse gun. Too bad about the growing pains.

9. #9 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    [quote=PX ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Granpooba

[/quote

Granpooba:

Hey, I love my LCP(s), but if the new Sig P238 were not single action, had ambi controls, and was RELIABLE I'd probably buy one of those, just fer..

I love the "looks" of the little Colt Mustang clone and:

It's a cute little sucker, but for me, for personal defense and cc, a single-action firearm just makes no sense..

I'm sure it does to Sig P238 folks, so no offense to them.

Best Wishes,

Jesse
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes, but we are not comparing the Sig, of which I think is also a great manufacturer.

10. #10 Re: Diamondback 380 vs. Ruger LCP? 
    Besides Elsie, my other 4 cc weapons are single action only. I do not see anything wrong with a single action as a cc weapon. At first I was cautious with my p238 but after some pocket time I became more trusting of the safety. As far at the db380 it looks nice but being so new to the handgun market I would be careful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads