Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack

This is a discussion on Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Located just down the street from Keltec in Cocoa, Florida. Rumor has it a former Keltec employee is at the helm but don't hold me ...

Thread: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack

1. #1 Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    Located just down the street from Keltec in Cocoa, Florida. Rumor has it a former Keltec employee is at the helm but don't hold me to that (but I also don't believe in coincidences). Early reviews seem positive. But it's another .380 slide that doesn't lock back after the last round. I like the steel trigger and mag release, Glock take-down, and "real sights" however. We are hearing all kinds of rumors lately about even more pocket .380s coming down the pike. More than a rumor (it's been announced) is the S&W Bodyguard, far less substantiated (and I'll believe it when I see it), is a mini pocket Glock .380 assembled here in the US. All this is great news because competition fuels better products.

"Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars."

2. #2 Re: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    I thought there was post about this gun here awhile back ... maybe another forum. Did a search and verified the ex Kel Tec part, but also came across a post from a owner that really had big time troubs with his, ended up working with the factory for a time, then sent it back.

I would do some big time research ... maybe just new gun, start up problems. I just don't see the logic in all these new .380's being brought to market. I wonder how many .380 semi autos are out there, not just littel guys, but all.

I need a P380 someday, but have my LCP and my Bersa T380, probably enough .380's ...

John
    Edit: Just watched the second video ... threes rounds fired ... no jams, no misfires ... not FTF's. The guy really sounded impressed. Wow, I'm impressed ... three rounds.

3. #3 Re: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    Looks like a neat little gun......I hope it does well.........time will tell.....
    Life is to short to shoot ugly guns....May Glocks live forever....

4. #4 Re: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    I agree with Kraigster... all the new .380's that are coming out are great, the more competition, the better the products. I just hope with this massive influx of .380's that the ammo mfgs will start to supply us with larger quantities of .380's. Likewise, I hope more and more law abiding citizens will start exercising their 2nd ammendment rights, get their permits, and start carrying. An armed society is a safe society in my book.

However, I have looked at several of the new .380's and while they all look cool, I would be hard pressed to trade in my LCP for one, or get another one over my LCP. To me, the LCP has everything I need... simple to operate, lightweight and in a highly concealable package. Better sights, slide lock on the last round are all pluses, but not necessary for me. I like Elise just the way she is.

Glock 19, Glock 27, Taurus 85, Kel Tec P32, Ruger LCP, Taurus 1911

5. #5 Re: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    Might be advisable to see how the DB does, it's a new start-up company, no feedback yet regarding their customer service or how well the gun does over the long haul. With a Kahr P380 (a slide that does lock back after the last round and now excellent XS Big Dot sights installed) and a P3AT that works although I am hesitant about pushing the envelope with that little guy, AND a reliable little LCP (1500 +/- rounds and still going strong) and Robar NP3'd, I too would be hard pressed to justify buying another pocket .380.

Mr. KTI, there were other thread/s on the DB .380 in the past. Just thought folks might be interested in the videos. The logic for why so many .380s is very simple. Pocket .380s are extremely popular in this country due in large part to the proliferation of CCW permits and the ease in tossing a little .380 in your pocket or purse - even with the shortage of .380 ammo. My local dealer told me he cannot keep pocket .380s in stock, the LCP being far and away the best seller.
    "Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars."

6. #6 Re: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    Really enjoyed the videos.......Looks like the DB 380 is accurate too.......

Thanks to the folks who made the videos.........
    Life is to short to shoot ugly guns....May Glocks live forever....

7. #7 Re: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    Thanks for the videos. Competition is always good. The sites are nice. I look forward to feedback on these. I love my lcp, but to be honest I have been stealing a few glances at the sig p238...oh baby...love them sites.

8. #8 Re: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    I own a Diamondback as well as an LCP. The DB fit and finish are excellent. It breaks down like a Glock, and the trigger is the smoothest of the 3 .380's that I have owned (DB, LCP, and P3AT(sold). Trigger has very little take-up at the beginning and minimal over-travel. Mine has been a good shooter so far, but if there is a problem, DB has a lifetime warranty and will send you a pre-paid shipping label. I have heard that they are selling quite well.

Somebody needs to start making a pocket or wallet holster for it. It fits OK in my DeSantis Nemesis, but it definitely does not fit well in an Uncle George. I'll have to take it to the LGS and try some out.

Randy

=IF DOGS DON'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO=

9. #9 Re: Diamondback .380 - add another entry to the growing .380 pocket pack 
    Quote Originally Posted by randyr5
    Somebody needs to start making a pocket or wallet holster for it.
    Recluse coming soon....

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads