Glock's new .380, the GPC?

This is a discussion on Glock's new .380, the GPC? within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Read on another board from someone who went to Glock armorer training that Glock has an LPC sized .380 polymer gun in the works. Taurus ...

Thread: Glock's new .380, the GPC?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    Read on another board from someone who went to Glock armorer training that Glock has an LPC sized .380 polymer gun in the works.

Taurus has the TCP so will the Glock be the GCP?

2. #2 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    Sheep Dog
    There is a market there. Glock is a manufacture of some of the finest hand guns in the world. Not knocking others, but they provide the consumer a ton of bang for the buck. This may inspire Ruger to come up with a few improvements on their LCP. Some of which have been discussed on this form by LCP owners.

3. #3 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman67
    Read on another board from someone who went to Glock armorer training that Glock has an LPC sized .380 polymer gun in the works.

Taurus has the TCP so will the Glock be the GCP?
    why do I doubt that?? #1. Glock makes no guns in the U.S. and this 380 could not and would not pass the U.S. Points required to IMPORT a gun into the U.S. Even Glocks own 380 that they make now in a double stack,,,,cannot be sold in this country, other than to leo due to the points requirement. Unless they have someone else in the country making the gun for them, then IMO it would not be a glock either.... there is a flood of little 380's out there now and I could not see glock stealing that market either, as good as glocks are, any tiny 380 would not be built on the glock frame design that it is now, Just not enough room for all that crap. to further add to my point, if glock was even thinking about coming out with a sub compace anything, it wold be a signe stack 9mm, something that LEO could indeed be carrying as a BUG , not a sub powered 380.. My 2 cents YMMV.
    "JUST SHOOT IT LIKE U STOLE IT"!!

4. #4 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    I saw the Glock assembly and test fire plant in Smyrna GA last year....quite impressive. Wish they offered tours. Place is locked down like a prison...and guarded the same. It's interesting that Glock says they sell the .380 only in countries where the civilian population is not allowed to own a weapon in the same caliber as that country's LEA's and military.

Tarheel

5. #5 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    Maybe they are going to make the .380 in Smyrna like the AR-15 they are going to start making there?

6. #6 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    ....aquaman67, at present they only assemble there. All the parts are made in Austria. I wonder if they will do the same for the AR? Glock is really quiet about their business.

Tarheel

7. #7 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    Well I own my share of Glocks and would like to see a 380 here in the USA.....
    Life is to short to shoot ugly guns....May Glocks live forever....

8. #8 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    The AR is going to built in Georgia with no parts from Austria. It will be out at the SHOT show in a few days.

9. #9 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    I love Glocks, I have a Glock 19 and if I had to pick one handgun to defend my family it would be that. But it is too big for EDC concealed. That's why I have My LCP. Since I'm not rich, any new sub compact .380 would have to be 100 times better than My LCP before I would consider buying it, or more correctly before I would try to convince my wife she needs to have one! Joe McG

10. #10 Re: Glock's new .380, the GPC? 
    Joe........buy her a LCP.............
    Life is to short to shoot ugly guns....May Glocks live forever....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads