Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Glock's new .380, the GPC?

9K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  all64 
#1 ·
Read on another board from someone who went to Glock armorer training that Glock has an LPC sized .380 polymer gun in the works.

Taurus has the TCP so will the Glock be the GCP?

G
#2 ·
There is a market there. Glock is a manufacture of some of the finest hand guns in the world. Not knocking others, but they provide the consumer a ton of bang for the buck. This may inspire Ruger to come up with a few improvements on their LCP. Some of which have been discussed on this form by LCP owners.

#3 ·
aquaman67 said:
Read on another board from someone who went to Glock armorer training that Glock has an LPC sized .380 polymer gun in the works.

Taurus has the TCP so will the Glock be the GCP?
why do I doubt that????? #1. Glock makes no guns in the U.S. and this 380 could not and would not pass the U.S. Points required to IMPORT a gun into the U.S. Even Glocks own 380 that they make now in a double stack,,,,cannot be sold in this country, other than to leo due to the points requirement. Unless they have someone else in the country making the gun for them, then IMO it would not be a glock either.... there is a flood of little 380's out there now and I could not see glock stealing that market either, as good as glocks are, any tiny 380 would not be built on the glock frame design that it is now, Just not enough room for all that crap. to further add to my point, if glock was even thinking about coming out with a sub compace anything, it wold be a signe stack 9mm, something that LEO could indeed be carrying as a BUG , not a sub powered 380.. My 2 cents YMMV.

#4 ·
I saw the Glock assembly and test fire plant in Smyrna GA last year....quite impressive. Wish they offered tours. Place is locked down like a prison...and guarded the same. It's interesting that Glock says they sell the .380 only in countries where the civilian population is not allowed to own a weapon in the same caliber as that country's LEA's and military.

Tarheel

#9 ·
I love Glocks, I have a Glock 19 and if I had to pick one handgun to defend my family it would be that. But it is too big for EDC concealed. That's why I have My LCP. Since I'm not rich, any new sub compact .380 would have to be 100 times better than My LCP before I would consider buying it, or more correctly before I would try to convince my wife she needs to have one! Joe McG

#11 ·
Yup! Jockos right. I looked into a 380 from Glock 13 years ago (I think its a G-25, not sure) and they weren't available to civilian population in US. So I settled for G-26 instead. Then traded it for a G-30, put a Lasermax on it and used that for 8 years then traded for a Colt 10mm. Now I wish I'd kept the Glock, either model. :'(

#15 ·
aries15 said:
Yup! Jockos right. I looked into a 380 from Glock 13 years ago (I think its a G-25, not sure) and they weren't available to civilian population in US. So I settled for G-26 instead. Then traded it for a G-30, put a Lasermax on it and used that for 8 years then traded for a Colt 10mm. Now I wish I'd kept the Glock, either model. :'(
besides that the Glock 380 is one big S.O.B. and it is the only blowback gun in their entire line. to me that says they don't take to much pride and importance in thaht 380 as a sales items.
I might be dead wrong and glock indeed might start to make handguns in the U. S. but if they did, my bet would be on a single stack small 9mm (about kahr's size) before they would ever even think of a 380. there is alot of great small pocket 380's out there that would give glock a run for their money. We all love glocks but the 380 would not be built like the glocks we know today, just to small to be having that type of design in them but in a single stack 9mm or 45, the tradional glock design could well be used and those suckers would sell like hot cakes. Glocks main business is LEO and they willwant to keep that part and build upon that even further and a BUG in a small 9mm or 40 cal would steal the show at the NSGA show for sure..

#17 ·
It would have to have a whole different type of action, I would not stick a current Glock in my pocket.

#19 ·
The glocks trigger is totally different, alot less squeeze before she goes bang, no safety other than the safety on the trigger. It is a very safe weapon, but was never designed as a pocket carry.

#20 ·
uncle46 said:
The glocks trigger is totally different, alot less squeeze before she goes bang, no safety other than the safety on the trigger. It is a very safe weapon, but was never designed as a pocket carry.
agree , definitely not meant to be a pocket gun, The trigger is to hairy for that. No guaratee a 380 size glock would be built even in the same design as a standard glock either. to many parts in that glock to go into such a small ass 380, so takedown might just be as difficult (if one feels that way) for a glock 380 as any other 380, which, to me the lcp is a puddin to take down, simple as hell, and really a simple made quality gun. I could not see how glock could do one bit better. To me it would be suicide for glock to put the trigger system they have in all their glocks today in a pocket gun--suicide for the owner anyhow ;D

Do not crap on yourself, glocks are not trouble free either....Still made by man and machine..

#21 ·
Thanks Uncle 46 (a/k/a Master Chief) and Jocko for the explanations. I really do feel much more comfortable with Elsie's long trigger pull. I had a G36 for awhile, but cannot now remember the length of its trigger pull. I do remember though that it was not as long as Elsie's. I think her's is the longest I have ever felt. Although my S&W Model 66 had a fairly long DA pull if I remember correctly.

#23 ·
Same size as the G27 and not a pocket gun and not imported to the general public.

#25 ·
uncle46 said:
It would have to have a whole different type of action, I would not stick a current Glock in my pocket.
Only a fool would pocket carry with an uncovered trigger.

I pocket carry my Baby Glock 40-but the trigger is covered in a good pocket holster.

A Glock will only fire if you depress the bang switch.

I wish Ruger or Glock would come out with a single stack 9 smaller than Kahr's PM9. If that ever happens the LCP will retire to the safe.

Dirty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.