9mm Pocket Pistol

9mm Pocket Pistol

This is a discussion on 9mm Pocket Pistol within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Is there a 9mm pistol that compares in size and cost to the Ruger LCP or the new Taurus 738 TCP ? Here is an ...

Thread: 9mm Pocket Pistol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    OKLAHOMA CITY Justice, Ћ Guardian of Liberty
    Is there a 9mm pistol that compares in size and cost to the Ruger LCP or the new Taurus 738 TCP ?

Here is an article on the 9mm Versus .380 ACP For Self-Defense By Dick Metcalf, Technical Editor, Shooting Times. You will find he favors the 9mm. At the end of the article he compares Taurus PT138 to the Taurus PT111.

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/l/aast9mmv380a.htm

He would questions much learns much. - Frances Bacon
    There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
    80% of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

2. #2 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    Quote Originally Posted by legelegel
    Is there a 9mm pistol that compares in size and cost to the Ruger LCP or the new Taurus 738 TCP ?

Here is an article on the 9mm Versus .380 ACP For Self-Defense By Dick Metcalf, Technical Editor, Shooting Times. You will find he favors the 9mm. At the end of the article he compares Taurus PT138 to the Taurus PT111.

There is a really good comparison pdf which shows exactly what you want to see. I often refer to it myself, it's a fun set of pics and specs:

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.jpg

unclenunzie
    unclenunzie

-------------------------------------------------
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent

3. #3 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenunzie

Thanks, that is a great link full of information. I wonder if they update it.

There is a really good comparison pdf which shows exactly what you want to see. I often refer to it myself, it's a fun set of pics and specs:

unclenunzie

There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenunzie

Thanks, that is a great link full of information. I wonder if they update it.

unclenunzie

Looks to be a little out of date. I didn't see the Taurus slim. Cool links......thanks

6. #5 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    That Seecamp LWS38 is a little bitty devil. It looks like it's the smallest of the .380, but pricey at $795.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

7. #6 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    LOL... Reminds me of the Kel-Tec PF9 forum, except then it's articles proving the .45 ACP is far superior to 9mm.
    “The right of self-defense in international law is not directed toward the preservation of lives of individuals. It is concerned with the preservation of the State.”
    -- UN "Human Rights Issues" gun control report, 2007

8. #7 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    I looked at a Kahr PM9 when I bought my LCP. I liked it alot but I could tell the difference in my pocket. I think they are like 5-6 ounces heavier. Once I slid the LCP in my pocket my mind was made up, it is just so much lighter and slimmer. I think if I did not have the LCP to compare it to I would have walked out the door with the Kahr but once I felt the difference in my pocket the decision was made. Not to mentioned that I could buy two LCP's for the price of one PM9 and still have money left over for ammo. I have not regretted my decision, as I carry much more than I ever did before buying it and after some practice I have become pretty dadgum accurate with it.

9. #8 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    Quote Originally Posted by McGuireV10
    LOL... Reminds me of the Kel-Tec PF9 forum, except then it's articles proving the .45 ACP is far superior to 9mm.
    The answer to the question of killing power is obvious between .380 and 9mm and even the .45. The real question is how many times are you setting yourself up for failure using a .380 instead of a 9mm. Yes, there is little chance of having to face Moro guerrillas where we live.

Has there ever been anyone that had to use a .380 in real life that wished he had had a 9mm at the end?

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

10. #9 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    You should take a look at the Taurus PT709 known as the Slim. About the same size as a PM9 but at about half the cost. Yes it is bigger than a LCP. Yes it will fit in your pocket. Yes it is a 9mm.

11. #10 Re: 9mm Pocket Pistol 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassi
    You should take a look at the Taurus PT709 known as the Slim. About the same size as a PM9 but at about half the cost. Yes it is bigger than a LCP. Yes it will fit in your pocket. Yes it is a 9mm.
    Very good, thanks.

PT709 is over an inch longer and almost an inch higher than the LCD. That's still a lot of addition size for a pants pocket in my mind.

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT709.htm

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Tauru...s-PT709-HI.wmv

SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads