Ruger P95 9mm

This is a discussion on Ruger P95 9mm within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; A friend wants to sell his P95 9mm to get another pistol. Wants $250 and I am interested depending on some input from any owners. ...

Thread: Ruger P95 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ruger P95 9mm 
    A friend wants to sell his P95 9mm to get another pistol. Wants $250 and I am interested depending on some input from any owners. If you own one would you recommend?

2. #2 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    I had a P89 and it was a great gun, one of the most unsung 9's out there IMO.

3. #3 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison_Creek
    A friend wants to sell his P95 9mm to get another pistol. Wants $250 and I am interested depending on some input from any owners. If you own one would you recommend?
    I have a Ruger P95DC 9mm with the stainless slide that I bought back in 1999. I would grab that in a second for that price. This has been very reliable. I have never had a single jam or failure to feed issue. It has eaten every type of ammo I have fed it with not a single issue. Breaks down really easy too for cleaning. Definatly under rated IMO. I currently have another one just like the one I have now on layaway at my regular local dealer and also a Ruger P94 40 cal. in the back room being held for me too. He just got in a new Ruger P95 9mm (all black) with the rail on the front for a laser/flashlight in and I am seriously thining about buying it too. Here's mine with little sis Elsie. Great gun IMO.

Bushmaster M4 Patrolman 556/223
    Ruger P94 40cal.
    Ruger P95PR 9mm
    2 Ruger P95DC 9mm's
    Ruger LCP .380
    Colt Cobra CTG .38 Special
    Raven Arms MP-25 .25 Auto
    Mossberg 500 12ga

Member of the VCDL ~ www.VCDL.org
    Lifetime NRA Member ~ www.nra.org

4. #4 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    I have one too and just love it. It was my first gun purchase in 2001. I have had no problems with it and for the price of 250 I would also jump on it.

Here is a picture of mine its the one in the middle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruger P95 9mm-dsc01661.jpg   Ruger P95 9mm-dsc01661.jpg  

5. #5 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    I have a P89 and love it. Great gun. Good price for the P95. If you don't want it let us know!!

6. #6 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    +1 on the p95, I had one , wish I still had it !!
    AK 47
    Beretta PX 4 Storm
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Marlin Model 60SN
    Ruger LCP
    Walther P22

7. #7 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    I own the predecessor to them both (P89, then P95), the P85. I bought it new back in 1990. It is a tank of a gun. I love it, even though it was supposedly improved upon as it advanced to the P89 -> P95. I can't estimate the number of rounds it has fired. It was the first hand gun I purchased while in college in Gainesville, FL. There was a serial killer by the name of Danny Rollings terrorizing students back then that prompted me to buy this, my first Ruger. I doubt that I will ever part with my P85. It will probably outlast me.
    Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

8. #8 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    Best pistol I have!!!!

Stan

9. #9 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    Just bought a brand new Ruger P95PR 9mm (all black) this past Friday. I have had the Stainless slide Ruger P95DC 9mm since 1999 and it looks as good as the day I bought it. Lost count of how many rounds I have fed it. I have another used P95DC stainless slide identical to this one on layaway right now at my dealer. It still has the inspector dot on it from Ruger and has all the original case and manual and stuff that came with it new. It doesn't look like it was fired much. The stainless slide models don't have the rail on them like the new P95 has. These are just great under rated guns IMO. Also had my dealer hold a used Ruger P94 40 cal. in the back room for me too. Had to get it since he is letting me have it for $280.00. Did you decide to get the P95 from your friend? Thought I would share a pic of my new one and a pic of my original one too. Here they both are with my little ammo stash.

Ruger P94 40cal.
    Ruger P95PR 9mm
    2 Ruger P95DC 9mm's
    Ruger LCP .380
    Mossberg 500 12ga

10. #10 Re: Ruger P95 9mm 
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison_Creek
    So whats the verdict? Did you get it or not?
    Ruger P94 40cal.
    Ruger P95PR 9mm
    2 Ruger P95DC 9mm's
    Ruger LCP .380
    Mossberg 500 12ga

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New