Glock 43 review & range report - Page 2

Glock 43 review & range report

This is a discussion on Glock 43 review & range report within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Well, I've had it for eight months now. I've put a little over 1000 rounds of various brands of ammo through it. Still not a ...

Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glock 43 review & range report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Glock 43 review & range report 
    Well, I've had it for eight months now. I've put a little over 1000 rounds of various brands of ammo through it. Still not a single jam. No regrets, love the pistol! Is it my full time carry gun now? Hell no! This morning when I took my 10 mile bicycle ride, I carried my Ruger LCP. When I went to Wally World this afternoon, I packed the Glock 43. Now, as I'm reclining in my command chair in the family room watching TV, I've got a S&W snubby .38 in my pocket. Lol. Life is good.

2. #12 Re: Glock 43 review & range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Well, I've had it for eight months now. I've put a little over 1000 rounds of various brands of ammo through it. Still not a single jam. No regrets, love the pistol! Is it my full time carry gun now? Hell no! This morning when I took my 10 mile bicycle ride, I carried my Ruger LCP. When I went to Wally World this afternoon, I packed the Glock 43. Now, as I'm reclining in my command chair in the family room watching TV, I've got a S&W snubby .38 in my pocket. Lol. Life is good.
    LOL I do a couple of variations in what I carry myself. Thanks for the update on the Glock.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

3. #13 Re: Glock 43 review & range report 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    I know Hickcock45 is a Glock fan, and that is usually good enough for me. It seems to come down to personal preference.
    He really liked the LC9s pro though -- because of the trigger.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Glock 43 review & range report 
    I also picked up a Glock 43 a couple of months ago and I really like it.

So far, I have shot about 3.2K rounds through it - mostly 115gr and 124gr standard pressure ammo but a few hundred rounds of 147gr, as well as some 115gr and 124gr +Ps. The gun has been extremely reliable out of the box, whether I am shooting FMJs or hollow points; two-handed or one-handed, strong hand only or weak hand only. It's also fairly accurate and very easy to maintain just like my other Glocks. I also like the fact that there are variety of aftermarket sights and holsters for it available.

6. #15 Re: Glock 43 review & range report 
    I've got a Gen 3 Glock 17 that I use for LEOSA qualification every summer. Too big & heavy for EDC (LCP fills that role) but a great range toy. I purchased the G42 when they first came out and had nothing but trouble w/it. After several trips back to Glock they finally refunded my money and apparently the company has fixed the problems they had. I did learn a valuable lesson - when a new gun comes out wait a year to buy one. LCPII next year, maybe . . .
    Last edited by Splinter; 05-16-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    Splinter
    LEO (Retired)

7. #16 Re: Glock 43 review & range report 
    I've owned a Glock 27 (.40S&W) since '98, purchased as my first carry gun. In all the years, there has never been any problems. I looked at the G43 for carry but it is almost identical in size to the G27 except for the width. Guess I'll stick with Elsie for awhile. Been pondering a Kimber Micro 9.
    There are only two enemies of guns, rust and politicians!

8. #17 Re: Glock 43 review & range report 
    I've also owned a G26 for 20 years and carried it during summer for a while. But I never really liked the felt balance of the G26 in my hand. If you just look at the numbers, its external dimensions are in fact very similar to those of the G43. However, G26 is significantly heavier, and it also feels much bulkier and ill-balanced in my relatively small hands... (So I eventually retired it from my CCWs list and switched to Kahr PM9.) Of course, this is entirely based on my subjective perception of the two Glock subcompacts. Funny thing is that I don't feel my trusted G19 as heavy even with 15 +1 rounds in it. ... Perhaps the G19 is a much better balanced handgun, compared to the G26....

I think I'll keep carrying the LCP for warmer months and start carrying the G43 in an IWB holster for colder months, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads