22 cal. model 1911

This is a discussion on 22 cal. model 1911 within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Made a trip down to the local gun shop. They had a Browning 1911-22cal. Boy was I disappointed. Not that it is not a nice ...

Thread: 22 cal. model 1911

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    Made a trip down to the local gun shop. They had a Browning 1911-22cal. Boy was I disappointed. Not that it is not a nice gun, but so small/diminitive to a standard 1911. It did make me feel good in the fact that it was relatively the same size as my Bersa Thunder, which is one hell of a nice 22. and for half the price of the Browning. I guess if cost is a factor than that gun shoots extremely well. However, all the reviews I have read say it is just a average shooter.

regards
    Dave

Ps they did have a Citadel 22.cal that looked a like more like a 1911. I really do not know much about them.

2. #32 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    I have really doing my homework on a new 22.cal. Have gone to a number of gunshops, lot of internet research etc. You guys on this forum seem to be right on the money with the GSA. Many favorable post and info about this gun. Here is a comparison of the Chiappa vs the GSA if anyone is interested.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=277607

Regards
    Dave@vabch

3. #33 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    Thanks Dave. You have confirmed what I already thought. Somebody on the forum had the Chiappa and said it was OK but they got rid of it and picked up the GSG and said it was a much better gun. Also, apparently the GSG and the Sig are the same gun but the Sig is about $50 more. I am pretty sure my next gun is going to be a GSG 1911 for a 22 cal. plinker. HOWEVER, if I start reloading and can save enough money I may just keep running the 45 rounds through the SR1911.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

4. #34 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    Bigdogdaddy, the other gun I am researching is the Umarex Colt 1911. I believe it is more money, but my local gun shop sells all their guns for so much less.

Dave

5. #35 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    I am not familiar with that one. I did a quick google search and it did not look that much higher. I believe Browning makes a nice 1911 22 but it has a pretty big jump in price as I recall. Let me know what you find on the Umarex if you don't mind.

6. #36 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    Here ya go!

http://www.gunblast.com/Colt-1911-22.htm
    http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=colt-1911

And NoW Bigdogdaddy! Watch "BIGDOG" SHOOT ALL THREE MODELS!

Dave

7. #37 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    Bigdaddy's a trip. That's what I'm talkin about. Thanks for posting that. I don't know the actual cost but I would rather have something that says Colt on the side than GSG or Chiappa.

8. #38 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    One reason that I'm leaning toward this gun is the fact that Umarex also makes the same gun in a pellet pistol. {or rather Walther makes the gun, Umarex is the distributor). I train with Pellet guns almost daily, so to have the same gun to shoot at home would be ideal.

http://umarexusa.com/product/Colt-Go...1911,42,26.htm

http://www.replicaairguns.com/posts/...un-review.html

Regards
    Dave@vabch

9. #39 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    After a fair amount of research, I am leaning toward either the Sig Sauer 1911 in .22 or the GSG. I do believe that they are the same gun and the Sig is a little higher. However, I like the grips on the Sig Sauer a little better so that may save me a little money over a possible grip change on the GSG. Probably it will come down to my ability to reload my wallet after Christmas and then which ever one I can find the best deal on. However, as I said before, if I find out that I can reload 45 ACP for my Ruger SR1911 for a reasonable cost I may just try to wear that sucker out. I am still obsessed with that gun.

10. #40 Re: 22 cal. model 1911 
    LOL, I guess this ends it for me. No question which gun to buy now "THE NEW RUGER SR22 PISTOL!!!!

Regards
    Dave@vabch

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads