For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c

This is a discussion on For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c within the Semi Autos forums, part of the Other Firearms category; A couple of people on another forum are finding places who can add a threaded piece to their existing barrel.. http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols/...e-one-too.html...

Thread: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    A couple of people on another forum are finding places who can add a threaded piece to their existing barrel..

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols/...e-one-too.html
    No Tapatalk Crap

Sent from a Windows 3.1, 88 Mhz 486 DX2 running Netscape 1.0 via 14.4 b modem

2. #2 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    Not sure it's a road I'd want to travel at this time, but it is interesting.
    Since it can be done, it's definitely worth keeping tabs on.

3. #3 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Coyotes
    Not sure it's a road I'd want to travel at this time, but it is interesting.
    Since it can be done, it's definitely worth keeping tabs on.
    Not an option in MN at all....
    No Tapatalk Crap

4. #4 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    What do you call the action on a 9 mm pistol? Rolling link, or something like that? I can't think right now, but there's a problem with that type of action and a can. The barrel moves up and down and a heavy extention on the barrel dampens that action to the point where it might not work. Be interesting to see if it really works for a full mag.

5. #5 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    Quote Originally Posted by Burley
    What do you call the action on a 9 mm pistol? Rolling link, or something like that? I can't think right now, but there's a problem with that type of action and a can. The barrel moves up and down and a heavy extention on the barrel dampens that action to the point where it might not work. Be interesting to see if it really works for a full mag.
    Yup, it's not working out very well. Apparently it's not cycling right.
    No Tapatalk Crap

6. #6 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    While I think it's cool to try and work through this issue... suppressing a SR9c? Really? I mean, I guess if you really want to be different... I suppose.

Silencers are now legal in WA. Won't be suppressing a SR9c though. Beretta M9 is the best gun to suppress... and proven. But it's not original. But who cares? How many people do you know with a silencer screwed into their gun?
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

7. #7 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    It would be interesting to see as pocket carry or IWB...

8. #8 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt
    But who cares? How many people do you know with a silencer screwed into their gun?
    NONE!! Waste of time & money! Yogi
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

9. #9 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt
    While I think it's cool to try and work through this issue... suppressing a SR9c? Really? I mean, I guess if you really want to be different... I suppose.

Silencers are now legal in WA. Won't be suppressing a SR9c though. Beretta M9 is the best gun to suppress... and proven. But it's not original. But who cares? How many people do you know with a silencer screwed into their gun?
    ...+1, James. Can't quite find a longing for a suppressed SR9C. Totally agree on the 92f series for a suppressor.. There is a significant issue with the SR9c barrel action, as pointed out. I wonder if this is a joke . That suppressor looks like one of those toy jobbers for an Airsoft or a fake. Looking at the pic in the post I figure the suppressor is about 5.25" long. The Gemtech Tundra is often referred to as the most compact suppressor, diameter and length, for a 9mm. It is 7.2" long. I don't think a 5.25" long 9mm would be worth a crap, especially with the SR9C barrel being 3.5" long and the 92F at 4.9"...bigger bang in most cases due to more pressure at the muzzle during the flight. IMHO

Tarheel

10. #10 Re: For those who want a suppressor for their SR9c 
    computerdynamics
    Looks like a great way to visit your federal prison? Maybe start a side job doing hits? Private range in the back yard? Every thought heads right back to the Bureau Of Prisons? No thank you, Warden, I'll pass....
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads