Mark IV 22/45 range report.

Mark IV 22/45 range report.

This is a discussion on Mark IV 22/45 range report. within the Ruger MK III forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; 100 rounds. 25 yards. Started with Federal Target Grade bulk 40 grain. 4 FTExtract, 2 FTFeed, excellent accuracy using Tru Glo reflex. Switched to 50 ...

Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Mark IV 22/45 range report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    100 rounds. 25 yards. Started with Federal Target Grade bulk 40 grain. 4 FTExtract, 2 FTFeed, excellent accuracy using Tru Glo reflex. Switched to 50 rounds CCI Mini-Mags. No failures of any kind. Again, excellent accuracy. Of course shots were high compared to the Federal. Most groups were around 3 inches from a rest. Looking forward to more trips out with this. My first Mark and I love it. Does an aftermarket extracter help on these pistols? Other than that I'm looking at trigger upgrades, maybe VQ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    RICHGCOOP, davevabch and Bgoff689 like this.

2. #2 Re: Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    Thanks for the range report. Post often.
    xcrdr likes this.

3. #3 Re: Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrdr View Post
    100 rounds. 25 yards. Started with Federal Target Grade bulk 40 grain. 4 FTExtract, 2 FTFeed, excellent accuracy using Tru Glo reflex. Switched to 50 rounds CCI Mini-Mags. No failures of any kind. Again, excellent accuracy. Of course shots were high compared to the Federal. Most groups were around 3 inches from a rest. Looking forward to more trips out with this. My first Mark and I love it. Does an aftermarket extracter help on these pistols? Other than that I'm looking at trigger upgrades, maybe VQ?

They say an after market extractor is helpful if you are experiencing extraction issues across the board. Although it won't hurt to change the stock one out anyhow. An adjustable trigger is really nice to have if you are wanting to shoot targets. You cannot go wrong with either the VQ or the TK triggers. If you are wanting to reduce the trigger pull weight and clean up any creep in the trigger then the VQ sear is a must paired with a VQ MKll hammer bushing. These three parts is where you will get the most bang for your buck and feel the most improvement in your 22/45.
    John

Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    Cool, thanks. I'm actually quite happy with accuracy with the stock trigger so I'm really looking forward to upgrading.

6. #5 Re: Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    Thanks for sharing your range report with us.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

7. #6 Re: Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    Nice. My MK III has a VQ trigger and Tandemkross bushing to remove the magazine disconnect. A set of target grips from Accuracy Grip rounds it out. A good shooter made into a great shooter. I would imagine the upgrades will be available for the MK IV soon.

Never have had feed or extract problems with mine, everything runs flawlessly, from mild to hot.
    Ruger -Charger, LCP, 1911, Single-Six, Mk III, Charger, GP-100, Blackhawk 41, Super Blackhawk 44, Super Redhawk 480
    S&W - Model 60 .357, Model 29 44
    1911 - Ruger SR-1911, Kimber Tactical II, Colt Gold Cup, Rock Island 1911A1, Springfield EMP (9mm), GSG (22lr)
    A few other auto loaders
    Numerous Single Action wheel guns
    Too many long guns to list...

8. #7 Re: Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    Quote Originally Posted by bberg100 View Post
    Never have had feed or extract problems with mine, everything runs flawlessly, from mild to hot.
    This is what I expected from all that I've read. Hoping that this is just a breakin issue. Brought it home, cleaned and lubed it. I will take a few different types of ammo next trip and take notes on each.

rayzer007 and davevabch like this.

9. #8 Re: Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    Thank you so much for the report. I think your few failures may have been just breaking in the gun. I am thinking seriously about buying one, but want to know how well it performs with all ammo. My SR22 for instance is close to 100%. Of course you will always get a bad round every now and then.I buy a lot of bulk Federal with very good results. Keep firing some of the cheaper ammo and let us know what kind of response you are getting from the gun. These guns are expensive. Ruger has done a great job, and seriously think your gun will feed the Federal target with no problems in the future once broken in. Shoot the Heck out of the gun.

Thank for posting!!
    xcrdr likes this.

Back out today after a good clean and lube. 50 rounds Aquila. Flawless and accurate. 200 rounds Federal Target Grade Performance. Flawless and accurate. Roughly 3" at 15 yards. It's more accurate than I am. Finally, tried 2 magazines of CCI Velocitors. Just horrible. Couldn't get more than 2 rounds down range. Would not feed. When I removed them they were bent where the bullet meets the casing. Never seen this before. Obviously no more Velocitors through this gun. I still love shooting this piece. Anyone else have issues feeding this ammo in a Mark? Next time out 3 new ammos to try.

Last edited by SkipD; 01-29-2017 at 10:56 PM.

11. #10 Re: Mark IV 22/45 range report. 
    Have you more than one magazine? Might be something to try.

Aftermarket extractors help sometime but not in the way you might think.

The only time it actually extracts a shell is if hand cycled.

Otherwise, it's a pivot. And it may hold the shell rim against the breech face. Or, maybe not.

The bolt moves rearward by blow back. A Newton Law. The shell case drives it. when the case hits the ejector, the case pivots over the extractor.
    RICHGCOOP likes this.
    "Throw me some chicken!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads