Ruger Mark III standard sight

This is a discussion on Ruger Mark III standard sight within the Ruger MK III forums, part of the Ruger Standard & MK Pistols category; i have a mark 111 taper barrel that i would like to put a fiber optic sight on but i cant find one , anybody ...

Thread: Ruger Mark III standard sight

1. #1 Ruger Mark III standard sight 
    i have a mark 111 taper barrel that i would like to put a fiber optic sight on but i cant find one , anybody have one or any ideas where to find one .

thanks
    rick

2. #2 Re: mark 3 standard sight 
    ...Rick, I originally posted a suggestion to use the HiViz sight, but only for the 6-7/8 tapered barrel MarkIII with adjustable rear sights (Target). On second reading, your subject line implies that your have the Standard model. There are no replacement fiber optic sights for that model. The front sight is fixed and the rear adjustable for windage only via drifting. It would take a ton of experienced gunsmithing to install both front and rear sights to use available replacements. Williams offered replacements a few years ago, but too many owners screwed up their Mark's attempting to install the things, I suspect that is why no other manufacturer has gotten on that band wagon. Actually, HiViz and Williams are the only two major players for the Mark non-red dot optics anyway. Let us know if you have another model with the longer tapered barrel.

Tarheel

3. #3 Re: Ruger Mark III standard sight 
    thanks tarheel
    after looking forever for the sight on my 4 5/8 taper barrel im thinking i might have it drilled and tapped for a red dot or maybe just get a newer model that has allready been tapped . my wife shoots this gun and i think shes wanting to improve a bit.

thanks
    rick

4. #4 Re: Ruger Mark III standard sight 
    A machinist could fairly easily mill slots in the receiver so that a scope can be mounted with clamp type bases. I did that to my Mark I many years ago.
    Skip Douglas

5. #5 Re: Ruger Mark III standard sight 
    ...good thought, Skip. I use a Millet SP2 on my Hunter, Rick. It's a nice red dot at a reasonable price and it's light in weight. Also, you might check out the basic 22-45 with the 5.5" bull barrel, as HiViz offers the fiber optic front sight for that model. The 22-45 is kind on the wallet too...about $275 at Buds.

Tarheel

6. #6 Re: Ruger Mark III standard sight 
    tarheel
    one of my other toys is a 22/45 and i put a red dot on it and its really fun to shoot . my wife wanted me to put a hi viz optic on the older mark 111 standard tapered barrel . as you mentioned , i can only find one for the longer barrel .

thanks again
    rick

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads