Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results

This is a discussion on Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results within the Rimfire forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Second day at the range with new gun and I'm getting better, even with my old eyes and unsteady hands. This is 50 yards with ...

Thread: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    Second day at the range with new gun and I'm getting better, even with my old eyes and unsteady hands. This is 50 yards with 4 power scope and CCI AR Tactical ammo. Shot just as well with Federal bulk ammo from Walmart.

About 200 rounds thru it by this point; hot barrel. Moderate wind, temps in low 90s.
    I can see this gun being a favorite at the range. Savage Mark II FV-SR in .22LR.

2. #2 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    Looks like you're set for some inexpensive fun at the range. Seems like something I should be doing!

What scope do you have mounted?
    Desire is irrelevant.

A grateful nation never forgets.

3. #3 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    Looks like mighty good shooting to me!

4. #4 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    Quote Originally Posted by zx5go View Post
    What scope do you have mounted?
    It is a 4X32 UTG/Leapers scope that I bought on Amazon for $60.

5. #5 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    New User
    I just ordered this rifle and its coming in a week. I'd like to go ahead and order a scope for it. Can people that own this gun recommend a really good scope for me to get a great grouping at 100+ yards? And what kinda bipod should I order as well? Thanks.

6. #6 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    i just ordered the gun. wail until shoot

7. #7 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    Quote Originally Posted by DeJays Saleen View Post
    I just ordered this rifle and its coming in a week. I'd like to go ahead and order a scope for it. Can people that own this gun recommend a really good scope for me to get a great grouping at 100+ yards? And what kinda bipod should I order as well? Thanks.

I have this http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Tactical-O...cm_cr-mr-title on mine and it has been working well for what I paid.

8. #8 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    Second day at the range with new gun and I'm getting better, even with my old eyes and unsteady hands. This is 50 yards with 4 power scope and CCI AR Tactical ammo. Shot just as well with Federal bulk ammo from Walmart.

About 200 rounds thru it by this point; hot barrel. Moderate wind, temps in low 90s.
    I can see this gun being a favorite at the range. Savage Mark II FV-SR in .22LR.

Very nice. I'm interested in getting into 50 meter .22 prone shooting. I still have my pristine Mossberg 144LS. I would be curious to see a bench rest comparison between your rifle, my Mossberg and a >$1200 Anschutz or Feinwerkbau. I'll bet they are all pretty close at bench rest. The German rifles may be better in prone due to balance and trigger pull, but by how much??

9. #9 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    Nice rifle! Savage has really ramped it up here lately and has some real nice rifles out there!
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

10. #10 Re: Savage Mark II FV-SR Range Results 
    I put this one up in the range with much more expensive scopes. It impressed me and right now Midway has one of those $20 off on orders over $200. I just ordered another one of these from them that was $209.95 with the $20 off. With this one you can really "reach out and touch someone".
    Mueller 8.5-25◊50 Eraticator (Silver)

The Most Innovative Long Range Red Dot Scope Ever Developed!
    The Eraticator features a micro-fine crosshair with illuminated micro-dot. The reticle was designed by Mueller Optics for long range shots on small targets such as Prairie dogs but can also be used for long range big game hunting. The design of the micro-fine cross hair will eliminate the possibility of the the hairs covering the target at longer ranges. Mueller’s Eraticator has one of the smallest illuminated glass etched dots on the market which will cover less than 1″ @ 200yds.
    For normal daylight conditions the reticle has a standard black micro dot centered in a micro-fine cross hair. During low light conditions or when viewing dark targets the black dot can be illuminated red and fine tuned with 11 brightness intensity settings. The Eraticator also features fine tune 1/8″ windage and elevation adjustments with click stops and easy finger turrets (no tools required).
    The Eraticator has also become very popular among rimfire shooters due to the short range focusing capabilities. The Eraticator will focus down to a minimum of 20 yds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads