I'm having trouble finding the right pistol grip. Help Needed!!

I'm having trouble finding the right pistol grip. Help Needed!!

This is a discussion on I'm having trouble finding the right pistol grip. Help Needed!! within the Rifles, Shotguns, & other Long Guns forums, part of the Other Firearms category; My dad has put me in charge of finding him a pistol grip to replace the stock, not with a stock and pistol grip combo. ...

Thread: I'm having trouble finding the right pistol grip. Help Needed!!

1. #1 I'm having trouble finding the right pistol grip. Help Needed!! 
    My dad has put me in charge of finding him a pistol grip to replace the stock, not with a stock and pistol grip combo. This pistol grip will be for a Remington 870 youth model 20 gauge. We have tried to pistol grips so far and nether has worked. Both bought from gun dealers and both returned. I have asked them both if they will fit a youth model and they all say yes but it doesn't fit correctly. It would probably work but for $25-$35 and for home self defense you want it to fit perfect. The packages would say fit Remington 870 express, not youth, Mossberg such and such. Any one out there able to help me out or point me in the right direction? I have spent way to much time on this and hate to give up now but I'm getting there.

Thanks for any help.

2. #2 Re: I'm having trouble finding the right pistol grip. Help Needed!! 
    I've never investigated the idea of a pistol grip for a "youth" model - so I can't help with that.

I'm sure you've given the grip idea a lot of thought. But I'll give you my 2 cents anyway, for what it's worth.

In considering a pistol grip for my own 870 - I decided that a short regular stock would be a better idea. The stock can then provide a little extra support when it is laid against the forearm. Better control IMO than just a pistol grip and it is just as easy to wield in tight quarters as a pistol grip, as far as I can determine after a little experimentation.

Obviously you wouldn't want a really long stock for close quarters. But even a short stock could still be used from the shoulder as well as resting against the forearm if the fight went to the yard for instance.

A pistol grip model would have been shorter - no doubt about that. But unless you are carrying it as opposed to social work in the house or car that shouldn't really be a factor.

I'm happy with my choice. But your mileage may vary.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads