H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing)

This is a discussion on H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) within the Rifles, Shotguns, & other Long Guns forums, part of the Other Firearms category; Iím out of town Wednesday, working on a little irrigation problem for a friend and go to the local Wal-Mart and there it sits. A ...

Thread: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    Iím out of town Wednesday, working on a little irrigation problem for a friend and go to the local Wal-Mart and there it sits. A H&R Pardner tor Pump Protector. For $178.00 plus tax. I get it, a shot gun cleaning kit and 200 rounds of 7 Ĺ shot.

Iíve looking around town for a shogun. A 12 gauge, with a short barrel, not for hunting or skeet shooting. Just a Plain Jane type with nothing too fancy. I wanted a 5-6 round capacity and a minimum sort of tactical features. Iíd run into a few Remington 870ís but the $359.00 Price Tag wasnít want I wanted to spend. So I started doing some research. Itís a clone.

I buy this one take it home and read the Owners Instruction Manual. I take the barrel off and remove the chamber plug. They ship them in with the plug that only allows 2 rounds to be loaded. In this State itís 5 rounds.

I went out this afternoon and picked up a Voodoo Tactical Shot Gun Scabbard, a sling and some snap caps. The shot gun is hand tooled and is as tough as it looks. I popped the snaps caps in and racked the slide. A very distinctive sound. Very smooth operating considering that itís still new.

I ran into some interesting YouTube presentations. Some on the range stuff, a mess of different 12 gauge rounds get run through it. From light loads to 00 Buck shot, deer slugs, and finally magnum rounds. Great stuff but I'll resist the urge to go that far with it.

Also a quick disassembly and reassembly. From H&R Web Site I download the Owner's Manual, it was the New England Fire Arms Company one. It advised new owners to remove the barrel or the chamber plug and limit further disassembly. In the box with the Shotgun was th H&R manual it gets way further dissassembly, like the one in the video above.

Iím going to finish cleaning it up and get a range trip in to check it out. Iím sort of figuring that a butt pad might not be a bad idea. From reports it kicks like a mule. I'll give her all due respect.
    I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

2. #2 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    My coworker recently bought one of these guns. Great deal on a pump shotty!
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

3. #3 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    That looks like a great shotgun at a decent price.

4. #4 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    Federal Waterfowl law limits the shell capacity to 3 shells for hunting.

I was looking in to the Pardners, it seems an overseas maker cloned the 870 so close, that Remington(Cerebus?) bought them out instead of suing them.

Most parts are interchangeable , except the barrels. To get a replacement barrel, the whole gun needs to be shipped to the factory for fitting.

That seems to be the only downside to an otherwise nice, dependable shottie.

5. #5 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    I have looked at them also. Good shotgun for the money.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

6. #6 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ctor-12-gauge/

A good shotgun for the money puts it right there.

I looked at the Benelli and Mossberg line up but since sporting activities, waterfowl and clay pigeons arenít on the agenda, I went lowdown and dirty. The barrel is well made and I doubt it will be shot out anytime soon, so a trip back to Qiqihar may not be necessary.

I was researching this thing and ran into an article that got into it pretty well. I doubt Mao Zedong would approve of the cross cultural incest between H&R and Hawk butÖ what the heck.

Iíve always been a fan of the Winchester Model 1912 Riot Gun, which I used to carry around with a mixture of deer slugs and 00 buck in the chamber. A great tool for dealing with predators, in packs or on an individual basis.

I did some field tests years ago in a little place called Wadi Quena or Wadi Abu Shi hat, in Egypt.

The local Army Chief of Police and I spent a week or more driving around in a jeep. Several packs of feral dogs had discovered the trash can outside the dining hall were an abundant source of food. They were getting aggressive about it and due to the possibility of an attack plus concern of rabies drastic measures were implemented.

The Chief was rather excited about getting to fire an American Made Shotgun. It took a few days to convince him that we needed to delegate it. I got tired of tooling around in all that heat. Eventually he got tired of it and delegated the detail. That went well until one of his guys popped off the Base Commanderís pooch and all heck broke loose.

So thatís my little tale concerning one shot gunning expedition. By the way in the photos those arenít mountains, theyíre sand dunes. The Eastern Sahara to be exact. I spent 6 months there and managed to get down and see King Tutís Tomb , and Luxor. If any of the English speaking locals asked I was on an American Express Tour out of Frankfurt.

SInce the P3 is going to be a house gun, I doubt she's need a whole lot of cleaning. I'm going to clean her up, rack some snap caps through her to loosen thing up and then it's off to the range.

I don't carry a weapon and look for trouble, I carry one just in case trouble finds me.

7. #7 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    Here is my Pardner. Dressed it up a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing)-2012-04-20-20.18.24.jpg  

8. #8 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    Looks good 1fast.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

9. #9 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastss
    Here is my Pardner. Dressed it up a little.
    Looks nice, but after decking out the AR, I'm trying to restrain myself from getting into doing it with the Pardner. Thanks for posting the picture. Have you gave it a work out on the range yet?

10. #10 Re: H&R Pardner Pump Protector 12 gauge (a clone thing) 
    My friend said the Pardner pump takes 870 accessories.
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads