Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Brand new LCP first time to the range (371 - xxxxx serial number )

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jocko 
#1 ·
I polished the feed ramp before I took her to the range: I put my favorite metal polish on a .380 cotton swab tip out of my cleaning kit and loaded that into my variable speed drill. It took all of about 2 minutes to have an almost chrome appearance on the feed ramp and chamber.
I took her to the range and she handled everything I put through her:
FMJ from: Silver Bear junk, Fiocchi, S&B, Win White Box, Blazer alum and Blazer brass.
Fed Hydra Shok type HP with truncated cone.
I tried to make it jam by limp wristing, heck I even barely had a hold on it a few times.
Dbbl and Triple tap.
Nothing could make it jam.
I did notice however, that as slick as the FMJ's all felt when racking the slide, the HP's felt a little crunchy. I half expected the HP's not to chamber because of the feel ... but they still fed without problem.
Just as I do with my Colt 1911, I will do with my LCP: I will only use FMJ.
I do not need drama in a self defense weapon and I feel very, very confident with this weapon with FMJ.
You will hear people say practise with the ammo that you will carry ... well that is another good reason to use FMJ.
Y'all keep your powder dry now, hear!
Buster

See less See more
#2 ·
sounds to me like u did all the right things. If you feel good with fmj as ur defense ammo, no explanation needed.

HP will fly put the end of the barrel as good as any fmj, especially since u polished up everything.

Just shoot it like u stole it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.