Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi)

Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi)

This is a discussion on Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; Went to range today, am and pm. Pm RESERVED FOR LCR 9MM, shot 200 rds of mixed ammo. RWS Geco, Perfecta, Winchester train and defend, ...

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Went to range today, am and pm. Pm RESERVED FOR LCR 9MM, shot 200 rds of mixed ammo. RWS Geco, Perfecta, Winchester train and defend, American Eagle. I am getting really good with this revolver, it is all about training. The Bantam Boot grip has proven itself to be the best grip for myself and for concealment. Have to say the Perfecta which is Fiocchi sold at Walmart shot really great 4" groups. A little on the light side, but a fun ammo. No crimp jumps in any on the ammo, except one round of the Geco. However you should say slight bullet movement. It was so feint that I really could not be sure. Got home and put it into a gauge checker and it was off by fraction of a fraction.

Ordered 100 rounds today of Fiocchi EXTREMA 380 ammo for my LCP. I heard this was a good defensive round, so included it in my order of other Fiocchi ammo. Oh by the Way W, I did one handed shooting today, First five rounds were high and to the left. I calmed down and started doing good groups. I plan to do a lot of practice in the next year.

The Geco felt like a hot ammo. Could notice the recoil, moved on to the Perfecta and it felt much lighter. American Eagle, alway's great.
    rayzer007 and w like this.

2. #2 re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Welcome back . Missed you the last couple days .
    davevabch likes this.

3. #3 re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Welcome back . Missed you the last couple days .
    Thank you Pennsy, so many things to do, so little time. By the way, saw the LCR 38 with the "Copper cylinder". Actually it looked a lot better in real life. Still, can't justify the money when I love the 9mm so much. They had a Ruger LCP Gen 2 for $175.00 used. I broke it down and It was easy to see that who ever owned it, probably did not put 50 rounds in it. Almost bought it, but want to wait until the gun show and check out the Pico. It has sparked my interest. It looks like another "Challenge gun". Might be a cool little gun with the "Extrema" ammo.

On another note. I purchased this holster for my LCR on Amazon for $13.00. It is every bit as good as my Remora's or Sticky holster. Looks like a Remora. If fact, I think I like it better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...-20&th=1&psc=1

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Thought you were avoiding the weekend crowd at the range? Fiocchi is one of my favorite brands . I have a case of the FMJ for practice . Amazon and Ebay have some good values in holsters and related things . I got some good prices for flashlight mounts and rings and rail mounts on ebay .

6. #5 re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Thought you were avoiding the weekend crowd at the range? Fiocchi is one of my favorite brands . I have a case of the FMJ for practice . Amazon and Ebay have some good values in holsters and related things . I got some good prices for flashlight mounts and rings and rail mounts on ebay .
    Early mornings, I have found you can beat the crowds. On the Pm run, I went to a range that was further out and was not too bad. Spring I am joining a Rifle range out of town and all outdoor shooting.

If you ever one short of Fiocchi, pickup the "Perfecta" at Walmart. It is the same thing. I order more Fiocchi and the Extrema today from Graf and son's. $7.99 flat rate shipping. Last week orderered PMC Bronze from Feedom Munitions. Looking for all the best ammo For the short barrel revolver.
    pennsy likes this.

7. #6 re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    I thought you were a Freedom Munitions fan . I was thinking of giving them a try next time .

8. #7 re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    I thought you were a Freedom Munitions fan . I was thinking of giving them a try next time .
    They Crimp jump in the LCR. Last week I ordered their 357 and some of their 9mm for my other guns. I also ordered the PMC Bronze that they now carry. The RWS Geco came from them as well and Remington Bucket 9mm 350 rds. I ordered 3 buckets. It is free shipping on orders over $199.00. Don't order their Remington Buckets, the packing was terrible. Thanks to a loyal UPS driver, he re taped them.

9. #8 re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    That's a lot of ammo . You should reload . Would you recommend Freedom's XTP loading for self defense load ? Lately I have been just keeping FMJ in the LCP . No particular reason other than I don't see much advantage in JHP in .380 . Could be wrong but who knows ?

10. #9 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    That's a lot of ammo . You should reload . Would you recommend Freedom's XTP loading for self defense load ? Lately I have been just keeping FMJ in the LCP . No particular reason other than I don't see much advantage in JHP in .380 . Could be wrong but who knows ?
    I do reload. But I shoot. mostly 9mm and the prices are pretty good now. I need to get a 357 die. Freedom 380 runs good in the LCP. I know Denny reloads a lot of 380 I reload a lot during the summer. XTP? I would ask someone that can take a chrony to their range. But seems like a good idea. I just never seem to get the time to reload. I have shot my reloads in the LCR with good results. No crimp jump.

11. #10 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    w
    Good shooting, Dave. Do you practice weak hand shooting too? How is that rubber tape you put on the Bantam grip holding up? I'm suspicious that a patch like that, as opposed to wrapping the grip in tape like I've always done, will peel off. If it does peel and you really like it you could epoxy it back on I suppose.

OK - now this, I think, is the stoopidest thing I've ever seen on a gun: On the barrel of my LCR is inscribed "READ INSTRUCTION MANUAL".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads