Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) - Page 2

Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi)

This is a discussion on Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; Originally Posted by w Good shooting, Dave. Do you practice weak hand shooting too? How is that rubber tape you put on the Bantam grip ...

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    Good shooting, Dave. Do you practice weak hand shooting too? How is that rubber tape you put on the Bantam grip holding up? I'm suspicious that a patch like that, as opposed to wrapping the grip in tape like I've always done, will peel off. If it does peel and you really like it you could epoxy it back on I suppose.

OK - now this, I think, is the stoopidest thing I've ever seen on a gun: On the barrel of my LCR is inscribed "READ INSTRUCTION MANUAL".
    Sad to say I do not practice off hand shooting. Hard enough with two hands. Never paid attention to that inscription. But I did read the manual. I would bet there are plenty of folks that don't.

2. #12 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Sad to say I do not practice off hand shooting. Hard enough with two hands. Never paid attention to that inscription. But I did read the manual. I would bet there are plenty of folks that don't.

If your strong hand is injured, or maybe shot, you wouldn't be able to shoot two handed or even one handed as usual, hence weak hand practice.

How do they say - "as an absolute last resort read the instructions".

davevabch likes this.

3. #13 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    That's a lot of ammo . You should reload . Would you recommend Freedom's XTP loading for self defense load ? Lately I have been just keeping FMJ in the LCP . No particular reason other than I don't see much advantage in JHP in .380 . Could be wrong but who knows ?
    pennsy, sometimes I think that just the best reliable ammo in a 380 Pocket pistol may be the very best choice. I just purchased some of the Fio Extrema's and hope they are reliable in my LCP. Face it, 380 in any gun is not the best choice but there is the "Reality" factor. "The factor that states It will most likely be with you at all time." Lately I have been carrying my LCR9mm every where. Since shooting this gun, I have come to the conclusion that 9mm is far superior than 380 and that a revolver is in fact so much more reliable and trusted.

But back to your question, there is merit in carrying a good quality FMJ in a 380. pistol. IMO

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Dave, keep us posted on how your one hand shooting experience is going. My right hand is not to bad, but the left hand needs a lot of work yet.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

6. #15 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    Dave, keep us posted on how your one hand shooting experience is going. My right hand is not to bad, but the left hand needs a lot of work yet.
    I will eventually start shooting one handed with the LCR. Before I bought the revolver, I had read that short barrel guns specifically revolvers took a lot of skill to shoot. When I first started shooting it, I was horrible. I mean they were crap groups. It is truly amazing what training will do. The same with the LCP, I was not a natural for sure when I first started.
    I can now shoot the LCP very well one handed and in some ways, actually like shooting it this way. I have shot that gun off hand, Not good results, but could at least hit paper and in the middle. I will shooting the LCR again today. I will make it a point to shoot with one hand toward the end of the session. I will slowly move to the off hand later in the summer. The trigger on a revolver is unique, and it took me awhile to adjust to it. I am understanding it more and more with each session.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-12-2017 at 09:15 AM.

7. #16 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    I have come to the conclusion that 9mm is far superior than 380 and that a revolver is in fact so much more reliable and trusted.
    Was there ever a question in your mind? The problem, of course, is finding a revolver that shoots at least 5 rounds of 9mm (or .38+P) and is as light and concealable as a micro .380 pistol. They simply don't exist. If I ever find one from a reputable manufacturer I'll buy it, stick in my pocket, and retire my LCP without so much as a fare thee well. Until then, the micro .380 pistol is here to stay.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

10/22 Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup (Range Fun)
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire (Plinker)
    LCP Gen. 2 (Light Duty, DAO Concealed Carry)
    SR-101 .38+P (OWB, Now We're Getting Serious)
    Remington 870 Wingmaster, 12 Gauge (Home Defense, Extremely Serious)

8. #17 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Was there ever a question in your mind? The problem, of course, is finding a revolver that shoots at least 5 rounds of 9mm (or .38+P) and is as light and concealable as a micro .380 pistol. They simply don't exist. If I ever find one from a reputable manufacturer I'll buy it, stick in my pocket, and retire my LCP without so much as a fare thee well. Until then, the micro .380 pistol is here to stay.
    That about sums it up .

9. #18 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Very few self defense situations that can happen legally would be long range . The LCP is fine for up close . If there is that much distance between you and the bad guy , you would have a hard time claiming self defense . I suppose there are some mass killing scenarios where longer shots may be warranted . I would carry a rifle if it weighed 9.6 ozs but they don't . I also think we all are a lot safer than some would like us to think . Fear sells guns and justifies large salaries .

10. #19 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Actually they do exist. A Ruger LCR in 38 plus P with a Batam Boot grip will fit into a pocket. A little LCP ll weighs a little over 10 oz and the LCR just a mere 3oz more. A Pocket is a lousy place to carry for self defense in the first place. But if you cannot conceal a little LCR weighing only 13 oz, then there really is no hope. Besides the LCP and these small guns are actually "Back UP" guns. Secondary defense when the first one fails. So my question to you is why not get weapon that does indeed exist and can be concealed? Nothing is perfect, if it was, you would not even have to carry a weapon.

Here is my goal, to carry the LCR 9mm, or my LC9S on my hip in the nice tight close to the body holsters I now own. Now I will get the smallest, thinnest Pocket Pistol, one that shoots PLUS P and get the lightest, thinnest holster I can find. And that gun is going to be a Pico. I will have a back up gun like the thing was designed to due in the first place.

When did the gun community get to the point of making a pocket pistol as a primary defense? Dave why not consider a LCR or Smith 642. You may just surprise yourself.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-12-2017 at 11:42 AM.

11. #20 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Actually they do exist. A Ruger LCR in 38 plus P with a Batam Boot grip will fit into a pocket. A little LCP ll weighs a little over 10 oz and the LCR just a mere 3oz more. A Pocket is a lousy place to carry for self defense in the first place. But if you cannot conceal a little LCR weighing only 13 oz, then there really is no hope. Besides the LCP and these small guns are actually "Back UP" guns. Secondary defense when the first one fails. So my question to you is why not get weapon that does indeed exist and can be concealed? Nothing is perfect, if it was, you would not even have to carry a weapon.

Here is my goal, to carry the LCR 9mm, or my LC9S on my hip in the nice tight close to the body holsters I now own. Now I will get the smallest, thinnest Pocket Pistol, one that shoots PLUS P and get the lightest, thinnest holster I can find. And that gun is going to be a Pico. I will have a back up gun like the thing was designed to due in the first place.

When did the gun community get to the point of making a pocket pistol as a primary defense? Bruce, why not consider a LCR or Smith 642. You may just surprise yourself.
    Depends on your normal daily activities . Are you white collar or blue . Winter or summer . I have found very ,very few reasons to remove my LCP in order to perform a task .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads