Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) - Page 2

Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi)

This is a discussion on Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; Very few self defense situations that can happen legally would be long range . The LCP is fine for up close . If there is ...

Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Very few self defense situations that can happen legally would be long range . The LCP is fine for up close . If there is that much distance between you and the bad guy , you would have a hard time claiming self defense . I suppose there are some mass killing scenarios where longer shots may be warranted . I would carry a rifle if it weighed 9.6 ozs but they don't . I also think we all are a lot safer than some would like us to think . Fear sells guns and justifies large salaries .

2. #12 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Actually they do exist. A Ruger LCR in 38 plus P with a Batam Boot grip will fit into a pocket. A little LCP ll weighs a little over 10 oz and the LCR just a mere 3oz more. A Pocket is a lousy place to carry for self defense in the first place. But if you cannot conceal a little LCR weighing only 13 oz, then there really is no hope. Besides the LCP and these small guns are actually "Back UP" guns. Secondary defense when the first one fails. So my question to you is why not get weapon that does indeed exist and can be concealed? Nothing is perfect, if it was, you would not even have to carry a weapon.

Here is my goal, to carry the LCR 9mm, or my LC9S on my hip in the nice tight close to the body holsters I now own. Now I will get the smallest, thinnest Pocket Pistol, one that shoots PLUS P and get the lightest, thinnest holster I can find. And that gun is going to be a Pico. I will have a back up gun like the thing was designed to due in the first place.

When did the gun community get to the point of making a pocket pistol as a primary defense? Bruce, why not consider a LCR or Smith 642. You may just surprise yourself.
    Depends on your normal daily activities . Are you white collar or blue . Winter or summer . I have found very ,very few reasons to remove my LCP in order to perform a task .

3. #13 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    The LCR is substantially larger than the LCP. Measurements in inches rounded to 1 decimal:

Height: 4.5 vs 3.6
    Length: 6.4 vs 5.2
    Width: 1.3 vs 0.8

Dave
    Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Believe me Dave, I put an LCR .38+P in my pocket without a holster before I bought my LCP and it was clearly a no go. Based on what's available, if I'm going to pocket carry (and I DO want to pocket carry), it's going to be micro .380 or nothing at all.
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #15 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Believe me Dave, I put an LCR .38+P in my pocket without a holster before I bought my LCP and it was clearly a no go. Based on what's available, if I'm going to pocket carry (and I DO want to pocket carry), it's going to be micro .380 or nothing at all.
    I hear ya. Be the best you can be with what you have.

7. #16 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Roger that!
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

8. #17 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Went into Gander Mt. yesterday to look around . Wow are they expensive. No wonder they are in bankruptcy. Picked up a LCR for the first time. Nice. Very light with a great trigger. Still not able to handle a LCP II. Guy said they are selling like hot cakes. Saw a box of 20 of 454 Casull tor $55. Guns $150 more than other vendors.

9. #18 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Went into Gander Mt. yesterday to look around . Wow are they expensive. No wonder they are in bankruptcy. Picked up a LCR for the first time. Nice. Very light with a great trigger. Still not able to handle a LCP II. Guy said they are selling like hot cakes. Saw a box of 20 of 454 Casull tor $55. Guns $150 more than other vendors.
    Same with Bass Pro Shops where I live and Dicks. Crazy prices. Seriously you need to get a LCR, worth every pennsy Penny. Just because a particular gun is selling like hot cakes means nothing to me. Who is buying them? Fads come and go. More NEW inexperienced CCW purchases than every before. You would think that 22.cals would be the hottest item for first time buyers. Not so, most jump into the LCP and pocket guns on first purchase. How many of those new buyers even know about the Gen 2? Is Gander Mountain the best place to go for advice? Dicks sure is not and neither is Bass Pro Shops.
    pennsy and bld522 like this.

10. #19 Re: Nice day at range with LCR. Really impressed with Perfecta ammo (Fiocchi) 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I'm now seeing LCP Gen 2's for as low as $179.38. And as you know, a number of places will match the lowest price.
    pennsy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads