The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR

The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR

This is a discussion on The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; You have to love the 9mm, great ballistics. Two of the best carry guns by Ruger the LC9S and the LCR. Great comfortable feel, great ...

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    You have to love the 9mm, great ballistics. Two of the best carry guns by Ruger the LC9S and the LCR. Great comfortable feel, great triggers and can handle thousands of rounds. A few days ago I received the Hogue Bantam Grip, I have the factory and the Pro Diamond. But wanted something for better concealment. The Bantam was just what the Doctor ordered. On flaw I did not like, was the fact that the material was slippery. As always I have a sheet of Talon Grip material. Placed them on the grip and Bingo.

Feels great in the hand. The grip itself shoots great, makes the whole gun seem lighter look smaller. Here is a comparison of the LCR and the LC9S.

Last edited by davevabch; 03-02-2017 at 04:44 AM.
    bowzette likes this.

2. #2 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    Dave, the new grip looks good on you LCR and Sometimes a little tweak works wonders. Looking good!
    davevabch likes this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

3. #3 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    Nice . What are those sights on the LC9s ? You have the best of both worlds there . One caliber , two great guns .

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Nice . What are those sights on the LC9s ? You have the best of both worlds there . One caliber , two great guns .
    They are the Trueglo TFX, I had a Big dot on my other LC9 but like this one much better. Had my gunsmith install.
    pennsy and bld522 like this.

6. #5 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    ETS
    Couple of really nice CC guns--I like the "no bronze, stainless, etc.".
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

7. #6 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    Very nice looking guns you have there, thanks for the photos, i have a LCRx in .38 special, but I think i have to break down and get me a LCR in 9 mm also.

8. #7 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    ETS
    Hope you guys can explain to me why you choose a caliber that requires fiddling with clips---seems like you just have to have more equipment and a lot of practice to become proficient with them.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

9. #8 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    w
    A few days ago I received the Hogue Bantam Grip, I have the factory and the Pro Diamond. But wanted something for better concealment. The Bantam was just what the Doctor ordered. On flaw I did not like, was the fact that the material was slippery. As always I have a sheet of Talon Grip material. Placed them on the grip and Bingo.

Feels great in the hand. The grip itself shoots great, makes the whole gun seem lighter look smaller. Here is a comparison of the LCR and the LC9S.

U sure did a much more professional looking job on the grip than I did, Dave. So u cut that special tape out in a pattern just to fit the slippery part? Does it stay put and not tend to curl off? I just wrapped hockey tape around my grip. Helps make it much more solid in the hand. Ugly but does the job. I didn't shoot it post tape, only before. Have u tried shooting with the small bantam grip, like 1 handed?

10. #9 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    U sure did a much more professional looking job on the grip than I did, Dave. So u cut that special tape out in a pattern just to fit the slippery part? Does it stay put and not tend to curl off? I just wrapped hockey tape around my grip. Helps make it much more solid in the hand. Ugly but does the job. I didn't shoot it post tape, only before. Have u tried shooting with the small bantam grip, like 1 handed?
    Actually W that piece is just a small square I cut to see how it would fit. I did not even clean the grip before I put it on. I am going to take it off and do it right. Talon Grip material has a really good adhesive. I will have to shoot some more to see how well it holds up. I think it will have no problem. If down the road it comes off, I will just cut another strip. I have the material on three other guns and he has held up well with thousands of shots.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-04-2017 at 02:19 AM.

11. #10 Re: The LC9S and the LCR9mm--Just place the Bantam on the LCR 
    w
    Let me know how it works out. Under the amazon reviews some people recommended that you apply a hair dryer to the tape both before and after affixing it. I'd also clean the grip with alcohol first. On the guns where that tape held up for thousands of rounds did you put on just a patch of it like above or wrap it around? I'm thinking that the edges might peel up on a patch. Like I said I used to wrap friction tape around my handle-less S&W Bodyguard (using a plastic insert to keep the tape off the spring in the handle). That made the grip nice and flat and much less obtrusive in the pocket than any of these LCR grips. Why don't I just go back to my old .38 non plus p S&W pre lawyer lock gun then duh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads