The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns

The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns

This is a discussion on The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; Not much interest in other guns. Not to many LCR owners here. But it say's from the title LCP forum. So I get it. No ...

Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Not much interest in other guns. Not to many LCR owners here. But it say's from the title LCP forum. So I get it. No problem.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-01-2017 at 08:43 AM.

2. #2 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    I really like my LCR .357. I thought about getting a 9mm to save money on ammo but I would have to shoot a ton of ammo to justify the cost.

3. #3 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    For what it's worth, I think the LCR in its various configuations and the S&W J-frames (admittedly with trigger jobs) are the best choices for revolver pocket carry. If it were me, however, I'd probably go for the J-frame with a custom trigger job because I was raised on S&W's and the Airweights are a little more compact than then LCRs. You can't go wrong either way, however.

Oh, and if you think I didn't stick a J-frame and an LCR in my pocket for fit before I bought my LCP, you'd be mistaken. The LCP won on the basis of comfort and concealability . . . but it was a close race. In my heart of hearts, I'll always be a revolver guy!
    Last edited by bld522; 03-01-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    ETS likes this.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup (Range Fun)
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire (Plinker)
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP (Primary Carry)
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P (SHTF Backup)
    Remington 870, 12 Gauge (Primary Home Defense)

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    For what it's worth, I think the LCR in its various configuations and the S&W J-frames (admittedly with trigger jobs) are the best choices for revolver pocket carry. If it were me, however, I'd probably go for the J-frame with a custom trigger job because I was raised on S&W's and the Airweights are a little more compact than then LCRs. You can't go wrong either way, however.

Oh, and if you think I didn't stick a J-frame and an LCR in my pocket for fit before I bought my LCP, you'd be mistaken. The LCP won on the basis of comfort and concealability . . . but it was a close race. In my heart of hearts, I'll always be a revolver guy!
    The butt of my Chief sticks out of my pocket .The cylinder is way thick . Not even close to a LCP . About twice as heavy .

6. #5 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post

I have both.

7. #6 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Yep. But I'm only willing to dedicate one pocket to pocket carry and my LCP fulfills that role. I've never been an IWB kind of guy and my OWB carry is reserved for my SP101 . . . especially now that I have a belt I can use to support it thanks to you . :-)
    Last edited by bld522; 03-01-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup (Range Fun)
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire (Plinker)
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP (Primary Carry)
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P (SHTF Backup)
    Remington 870, 12 Gauge (Primary Home Defense)

8. #7 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    I really do not want to hijack your thread. Butttttt lol...

How are the factory grips with drawing from a pocket? Does the tackiness or width of them hinder that. I only carry in shorts. Front right pocket. Not cargos but same type of material just minus the cargo pocket.

9. #8 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    I really do not want to hijack your thread. Butttttt lol...

How are the factory grips with drawing from a pocket? Does the tackiness or width of them hinder that. I only carry in shorts. Front right pocket. Not cargos but same type of material just minus the cargo pocket.
    See my pics on the LCR Batam grips with pics. Also.

Pocket Guns and Gear: Ruger LCR 9mm Review - The Pocket 9mm for Revolver Fans

10. #9 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    The butt of my Chief sticks out of my pocket .The cylinder is way thick . Not even close to a LCP . About twice as heavy .
    When I used to have jeans with shallower pockets so that the handle of the revolver stuck out I'd wrap it in a bit of cut up patterned bandana so it just looked like a handkerchief sticking out of my pocket. Back then I was using the old S&W Bodyguard with the handle removed (can't do that on the Ruger LCR) and wrapped in tape - much flatter that way without the handle. You could still do that on the butt of your gun but it would look like a lot of handkerchief sticking out.

11. #10 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    I think there is some confusion in the category for the term "Pocket gun". I don't put the LCR, the LC9 etc in that classification. Pocket guns, like the Pico, Seacamp, LCP etc. are Pocket Guns. The others Light Carry, light duty or what ever. Both my LCR and LC9 I would not carry in a pocket. My bad for the title of the thread reading "Pocket Gun".

That said, my LC9mm weighs 17 oz. same as the LC9. A LCR 38 plus P weighs 13 oz. Now that revolver with a Batam Book Grip in the Pocket may work for some folks. The Boot grip makes a significant reduction in concealment and size.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-03-2017 at 04:02 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads