The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns - Page 2

The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns

This is a discussion on The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; Pocket gun is a relative term. Most people do not carry the G43 in a pocket but I do with the same shorts described above. ...

Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Pocket gun is a relative term. Most people do not carry the G43 in a pocket but I do with the same shorts described above. It's a tad too big for pocket carry at times but it's not horrible.

I could easily see pocket carrying an LCR or J Frame. But again that's just me and only in certain situations. A small revolver for me a quick trip need or working around the house.
    rayzer007 likes this.

2. #12 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    I sometimes carry my LCR 9 in offside front pocket in a Mika holster. Mine is outfitted with a Lasermax and HiViz fiber optic front sight..

3. #13 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsie9er View Post
    I sometimes carry my LCR 9 in offside front pocket in a Mika holster. Mine is outfitted with a Lasermax and HiViz fiber optic front sight..
    Thinking about the Hiviz myself. Right now I use the Testors florescent paint. I have the truglo TFX on LC9S and really love that sight. Hand the Big Dot on my previous LC9 and that dot may be better suited for the LCR. I think for just daytime shooting you can't beat the Hiviz. Did you put the HiVIZ on yourself. It looks from video's that you have to do a lot of filing down.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Thinking about the Hiviz myself. Right now I use the Testors florescent paint. I have the truglo TFX on LC9S and really love that sight. Hand the Big Dot on my previous LC9 and that dot may be better suited for the LCR. I think for just daytime shooting you can't beat the Hiviz. Did you put the HiVIZ on yourself. It looks from video's that you have to do a lot of filing down.
    I installed it myself and it was a challenge, but no filing. Will try to post a picture of my LCR.
    davevabch likes this.

6. #15 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    The pin that holds the sight on was a bear to get started. I may have had to file the front of the pin to get it started.

The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns-image.jpg

7. #16 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    The pin that holds the sight on was a bear to get started. I may have had to file the front of the pin to get it started.
    What you probably needed was a pin starter - a punch with a hole up its middle just a hair larger than the pin diameter.

I made a whole set of starter punches for roll pins. They make a HUGE difference when inserting pins into holes.
    davevabch likes this.
    Skip Douglas

8. #17 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    What you probably needed was a pin starter - a punch with a hole up its middle just a hair larger than the pin diameter.

I made a whole set of starter punches for roll pins. They make a HUGE difference when inserting pins into holes.
    good to know....appreciate.

9. #18 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    good to know....appreciate.
    going to go to amazon and find a pin starter and try to do myself. I did see where a few had to use a dremel to get the site on. I know the Blueing they put on it is thick.

10. #19 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    going to go to amazon and find a pin starter and try to do myself. I did see where a few had to use a dremel to get the site on. I know the Blueing they put on it is thick.
    A far better place to look would be Brownell's.

I'm thrifty (cheap?) and since I have a little metal-working lathe, I turned some 1/4" diameter aluminum rod into a set of pin starters. I also turned a small wooden handle that can be put on top of any of the pin starters for a little more oomph when I need it.
    davevabch and Denny4kids like this.
    Skip Douglas

11. #20 Re: The LCR 9mm and why it will be one of two pocket guns 
    Range report with LCR9mm. I was elated to see that I actually shot the LCR9mm with great results with the Hogue Bantam Boot grips. This was the best shooting done with the LCR between all the grips. (Factory Hogue, Pro Diamond). A year ago, I first started shooting he snubby and was a lousy shot. It became my new challenge. Most people will tell you a snubbie revolver is hard to shoot. I will tell you that with practice you can get really good with one. And they sure are fun to shoot! The Talon grip material on the Hogue Boot grip held up perfectly.

I tried to hold the gun in various positions. The best way for me to hold it, was firm, with pressure on the indentation for thumb on the left side of the grip. (Just like it was intended). This grip really made my day. It makes the gun much more concealable and it visually looked lighter, and seem to feel lighter to carry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads