Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? - Page 3

Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds?

This is a discussion on Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; Yeah I was right about the new small grips. OK with two hands but hurt my old thumb injury on my right hand. I can't ...

Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    w
    Yeah I was right about the new small grips. OK with two hands but hurt my old thumb injury on my right hand. I can't take the hard recoil as well as I used to. I put back the original grips. Another thing I found is that my Glock 26 fits in my front pocket at least as well as the LCR .38, and if I do need a gun I'd surely much rather have the 11 shot Glock than the 5 shot. It is heavier though. Let me know how the new grip works for you when you try it out, Dave.

2. #22 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Sorry the grip does not work for you W. I did order one through Amazon, so we shall see. I wanted a .38 LCR for carry, but this weekend carried the .38 in a Remora. And this was in a pair of shorts. However, I think my main carry will be my LC9S. It really rides nice in the new Mitch Rosen. I will take out the new grip and try it this week. If it is shootable I will keep it. I just cannot wrap my head around that copper color cylinder. But someone will think it is the salt of the earth. Maybe some guy will get one to match his front gold tooth.
    Last edited by SkipD; 02-27-2017 at 03:12 AM.
    ETS likes this.

3. #23 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    w
    Toof. Ha ha. What I meant to say above - the small grip was OK for me when two hand shooting and even my weaker left hand when one hand shooting, but hurts my right hand thumb - my old boxing injury - when one hand shooting with my right hand, though it would be OK in an emergency, but no fun for me in practice. That was with the non plus P cheap practice ammo, which seems to kick twice as hard as the +P carry ammo. But shooting the .38 makes me miss the autos anyway. The Glock 26 is actually shorter than the LCR. The LC9s sounds very interesting. I looked at them when they first came out but I didn't want a gun with a safety. I've tried a litle Kel-tec 9mm but it jammed. Every Kel-tec I've ever tried jammed. But I see Ruger now has a 9mm model without the safety, the LC9s Pro. How reliable is it? Is it fussy with ammo or so-called weak wristing or anything?

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    ETS
    No problems with any type of ammo in my LC9s Semi-Pro.
    davevabch likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

6. #25 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    Toof. Ha ha. What I meant to say above - the small grip was OK for me when two hand shooting and even my weaker left hand when one hand shooting, but hurts my right hand thumb - my old boxing injury - when one hand shooting with my right hand, though it would be OK in an emergency, but no fun for me in practice. That was with the non plus P cheap practice ammo, which seems to kick twice as hard as the +P carry ammo. But shooting the .38 makes me miss the autos anyway. The Glock 26 is actually shorter than the LCR. The LC9s sounds very interesting. I looked at them when they first came out but I didn't want a gun with a safety. I've tried a litle Kel-tec 9mm but it jammed. Every Kel-tec I've ever tried jammed. But I see Ruger now has a 9mm model without the safety, the LC9s Pro. How reliable is it? Is it fussy with ammo or so-called weak wristing or anything?
    W I have the LC9S and have written many accolades toward this pistol. Ruger did a fantastic job on this pistol Many you tube video reviews out there. I find the recoil to be mild. But you might want to try one yourself. It does eat any ammo I have feed it. I give it a 5 star rating in every category. Unless i purchase another CCW it most likely will be my permanent carry even throughout the summer. Easy to conceal in a Remora, Or the Mitch Rosen with belt. And it is a firearm that will give you a long time ownership with the capability of shooting thousands of rounds without any worry. Mine has the safety, but I would caution this gun without one. It is very light and short pull. I have no problem with a safety so it was perfect for myself.

7. #26 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    My LC9s pro has been flawless in 900 rounds.
    davevabch likes this.

8. #27 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    My LC9s pro has been flawless in 900 rounds.
    Lol, pennsy, it is not even broke in yet! I have full confidence you will get many more thousands of rounds through this gun that are flawless.

9. #28 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    w
    Mine has the safety, but I would caution this gun without one. It is very light and short pull.

Is the trigger pull on the non safety Pro version the same as on the safety version? How does it compare with the Glock or LCP trigger, two guns that I am very familiar with?

Pennsy - when you say flawless does that mean without one single jam - which is what I want to hear?

ETS - What's a LT9s semi-pro? Is that with or without the manual safety?

I've very rarely carried a gun with a safety, mainly revolvers and Glocks. I'm not used to them. I'd probably forget about it in an emergency.

10. #29 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Lol, pennsy, it is not even broke in yet! I have full confidence you will get many more thousands of rounds through this gun that are flawless.
    I just got done watching a vid of a women that shoot herself while taking a gun class. The gun had been modified by the previous owner to lighten the trigger. It went off on it's own . Ok, not an exact comparison but it did remind me of the light LC9s trigger.

11. #30 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Is the trigger pull on the non safety Pro version the same as on the safety version? How does it compare with the Glock or LCP trigger, two guns that I am very familiar with?

Pennsy - when you say flawless does that mean without one single jam - which is what I want to hear?

ETS - What's a LT9s semi-pro? Is that with or without the manual safety?

I've very rarely carried a gun with a safety, mainly revolvers and Glocks. I'm not used to them. I'd probably forget about it in an emergency.
    I'.m guessing a semipro is a s that has had the mag disconnect removed but has a safety.
    I have had 0 anything. Complete reliability with various brands of ammo.The trigger is light.Less than the LCP.
    Last edited by pennsy; 02-27-2017 at 12:23 PM.
    ETS likes this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads