Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? - Page 2

Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds?

This is a discussion on Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; Actually the gun is meant to shoot thousands of rounds and do a little research, many post of owners reporting this. Ruger themselves did 10,000. ...

Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Actually the gun is meant to shoot thousands of rounds and do a little research, many post of owners reporting this. Ruger themselves did 10,000. I also believe the LC9S is capable of the same, and I do not think that gun is built as strong as the LCR and least not as strong as the LCR9 which I own and also own the LC9S and have put a heap of ammo down ranges. I am surprised you think it is difficult maintenance. I posted that I can clean this gun is about 10 min. No harder than any pistol. Yes, you do have 5 cylinders that each require cleaning but things like that do not bother me. Very simple maintenance for sure. Recoil? I shoot the 9mm and find the recoil on the side of pleasant, stout, but nothing at all hard. I shoot a lot of rounds at a time when shooting this gun, I have not shot the 357. and really do not want too.

There are a lot of reviews on the LCR. It was a major Hit about 10 years ago and she keeps on trucking. Now with 327.cal. The 38 is extremely durable. But, Check out the 357 and 9mm version. Built like a tank.

w likes this.

2. #12 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Here is another enjoyable video comparing the Ruger LCR to the Airweight. Both very good guns. enjoy,

w likes this.

3. #13 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    w
    Good videos, Dave, especially the second one. I saw the first one before. I did a quite a lot of looking around before I bought the LCR. I'm liking it more and more now. Oh surely it's not the cleaning 5 cylinders , that's nothing and I've done it a million times, yeah ten minutes, but rather the torquing stuff at 1,000 rounds including dry firing that was irking me because I never came across anything like that before. But I rarely dry fire and how often will I ever have to do that anyway, maybe once, if that, and doing it as above by estimation, rather than investing in a special torque wrench to clutter up my tool box just for that one thing one time, should do the trick, so that was worrying over nothing. I definitely liked the way it shot with the +P carry ammo I tried yesterday. I like the trigger and I like the feel of it, better than my S&W - except for the S&W's single action option, of course - and I like the extra lightness. I'll see how I like the new grips that I ordered. Most say they like the Tamer grips that came with it the best. So no regrets.
    Last edited by w; 02-24-2017 at 10:57 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    Good videos, Dave, especially the second one. I saw the first one before. I did a quite a lot of looking around before I bought the LCR. I'm liking it more and more now. Oh surely it's not the cleaning 5 cylinders , that's nothing and I've done it a million times, yeah ten minutes, but rather the torquing stuff at 1,000 rounds including dry firing that was irking me because I never came across anything like that before. But I rarely dry fire and how often will I ever have to do that anyway, maybe once, if that, and doing it as above by estimation, rather than investing in a special torque wrench to clutter up my tool box just for that one thing one time, should do the trick, so that was worrying over nothing. I definitely liked the way it shot with the +P carry ammo I tried yesterday. I like the trigger and I like the feel of it, better than my S&W - except for the S&W's single action option, of course - and I like the extra lightness. I'll see how I like the new grips that I ordered. Most say they like the Tamer grips that came with it the best. So no regrets.
    W. I have used the grips on my LCR9 that were stock Hogue, then switched to the Pro diamond which is great for the range. But large. However since I have become a lot better at shooting it, I am think about the Small Bantam boot grip for CCW. Maybe be too small for me, but never know until you try right? Just like the Blackhawk. I had larger grips, then found out that I like the "Slimmer grip" the best of all, and like you have a large glove hand. While I am serious considering he LCR Plus P 38, I might just keep the 9mm. Sometimes I will reload some light loads just for easy shooting at the range. The LCR9mm weighs about 20 oz loaded. The LCR Plus p about 16. I will make a decision at the next gun show.

6. #15 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    W you might like to see this Revolvers from the 2017 shot show. I like that Smith 642.

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/sh...rs-everywhere/

7. #16 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    W. I have used the grips on my LCR9 that were stock Hogue, then switched to the Pro diamond which is great for the range. But large. However since I have become a lot better at shooting it, I am think about the Small Bantam boot grip for CCW. Maybe be too small for me, but never know until you try right? Just like the Blackhawk. I had larger grips, then found out that I like the "Slimmer grip" the best of all, and like you have a large glove hand. While I am serious considering he LCR Plus P 38, I might just keep the 9mm. Sometimes I will reload some light loads just for easy shooting at the range. The LCR9mm weighs about 20 oz loaded. The LCR Plus p about 16. I will make a decision at the next gun show.

This is the one I ordered, the same you are speaking about I think. I'll see how it looks tomorrow. It sure is easier to change grips on the Ruger than the Smith, just a screw.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was thinking about the $100 off deal on the copper coated cylinder .38 models and how I may have been able to apply blackening of some sort to it, but it's too late now. Might be an idea for you though.

Here are some threads about LCR 9 vs. .38:

LCR 38 vs LCR 9mm ballistics - Ruger Forum

Ruger LCR .38 vs 9mm

8. #17 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    This is the one I ordered, the same you are speaking about I think. I'll see how it looks tomorrow. It sure is easier to change grips on the Ruger than the Smith, just a screw.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was thinking about the $100 off deal on the copper coated cylinder .38 models and how I may have been able to apply blackening of some sort to it, but it's too late now. Might be an idea for you though.
    W Let me know how you feel about the grip, just ordered it myself. May be too small for me. I was wondering about the copper coated cylinder as well. Wish I could see it in person. I have a feeling it is darker in color than the pic. Sure is a great price. I doubt you could darken it. I did have a problem with the blueing on my cylinders. It was coming off near the top of the cylinders. I have never seen one or heard about one doing that. No amount of blueing agent would cover the stainless steel material. Sent it back to Ruger and they redid the cylinder and no problem since.
    All this talk about a revolver, means I most definitely will be taking her to the range today.

9. #18 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    w
    I'll probably get to try the grips later today. I'll let you know how it feels on me. For reference, I wear size XL gloves but I have beefy muscular fingers so small grips work for me - or narrow handles on tools, narrow chinup bars, dumbell weights, etc. In fact I much prefer that. If my fingers were long and thin I'd want a bigger grip like the one that came with it.

They had one gun with the copper colored cylinder in the store...sitting there forlornly waiting for some fashion conscious gun buyer. It looked as garish as it does in the pictures. There were a number of reasons that I thought of why I wouldn't want that model, aesthetics being the least of them. If there was a way to blacken it it would be a good buy.

10. #19 Re: Have any of you shot 1,000 rounds? 
    ETS
    Really doubt there is any way they can be blackened--any way, that is, that would justify just not selecting a black model. Seems a black, gray or even silver would be more appealing.
    Last edited by ETS; 02-25-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

w
    I tried the new grips on but didn't shoot with it. I think i like the original better. The new one isn't much smaller, just a little narrower. They weigh the same. I get a better grip on the original. Shooting one handed with the new one might be a problem. I see what they mean when they say it's slippery. I might be tempted to wrap it in friction tape but then it would be heavier than the original. I'll compare them some more later. The new one should disappear in my jeans pocket a little better. Maybe I'll try shooting with it. Tell me what you think when you get yours.

Later: Definitely disappears in front pocket better.
    Last edited by w; 02-25-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads