Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Serial number range when lock was eliminated from 9mm LCR?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Brazos_Jack 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the the approximate serial number range when the lock was eliminated from the 9mm LCR?

If not, perhaps a few with guns bought in the second or third quarter of last year that had locks could list their serial numbers with the last 2 digits "X'd" out?

And perhaps a few with guns bought in the third or fourth quarter of last year that did not have locks could list their serial numbers with the last 2 digits "X'd" out?

That would allow us to bracket a serial number range when the change took place.

Any who don't want to post even a partial serial number on the board, please PM me.

I'm about to have my LGS order me a 9mm LCR and since I have to commit without examining it, I'd like to be able to specify that the serial number must be above XXXXXXXX.

#2 ·
I received one of the first review samples from Ruger when they announced the LCR 9mm. I mention the absence of the lock in my review since it was different than the LCR 38 I previously purchased. If it was my money I would call Ruger CS and make sure no LCR 9mm revolvers exist with the internal lock before placing any order. Pocket Guns and Gear: Ruger LCR 9mm Review - The Pocket 9mm for Revolver Fans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.