New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! - Page 3

New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum!

This is a discussion on New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; It's apparently even more versatile than that. I asked Ruger about compatible ammo and this was their reply: "Models chambered for the .327 Federal Magnum ...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    New User
    It's apparently even more versatile than that. I asked Ruger about compatible ammo and this was their reply: "Models chambered for the .327 Federal Magnum cartridges will also chamber the .32 H & R, .32 S & W and the .32 S & W Long cartridges. The use of other than .327 Federal Magnum cartridges may, in some loadings, results in unsatisfactory accuracy." Four different cartridges. Better and better.

2. #22 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    New User
    The LCR in .327 Federal Magnum is on my wish list. I have the Ruger Single Seven, and anyone who says this is a wimpy round never fired it.

The LCR format makes this a very reasonable firearm for carry, due to the light weight and big bang. Ammo is expensive, but depending on where you look, sometimes cheaper than .38 and pretty much cheaper than .357. If someone wants to reduce recoil, the H&R .32 Magnum is still a decent round. Looking at the Federal Ammo website, .327 is greatly superior to .38+P, and H&R .32 Magnum has velocity almost equal to .38+P though loses a bit in foot pounds of energy.

Right now availability is the issue. I found a great supply on Gunbrokers, but Cabela's has had my American Eagle on backorder since November. The advantage of a firearm that can handle multiple types - .32 S&W Long, while perhaps not as accurate, has never been hard for me to find.

Also, for what its worth, there are actually FIVE types of ammo you can fire out of a .327 Federal Magnum. Many leave out .32 ACP. And probably for a reason, but still, facts are facts.

3. #23 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    I am truly happy with my LCR 9mm, and one of the reasons is not only good ballistics but availability of ammo. I shoot a lot of American Eagle and have no problems getting all I want. I just received 500 rds, I use just for the LCR. I also shoot my reloads in the gun. I am a 9mm fan, and the defense ammo for this round has come such a long way. I'm sure the 327. is a fine round, but maybe not so much for the avid shooter that hits the range on a regular basis. I enjoy shooting the revolver, I do not carry it, but do use it as ONE of my home defense guns. Very practical in that regards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Diggin it!!! 6 rounds of great ballistics instead of typical 5 rounds of so-so .38 special.
    The .327 is typically used as an alternative to the .357mag. I'd still prefer the 5 .357mags. There is a lot of versatility with a .357mag

6. #25 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    Here is a difference in cost from ammo seek. American Eagle 9mm $11.50

American Eagle 327. $25.52 That is more than double the cost. From what I have seen, other brands are just as much if not more in cost ratio. The amount of rounds that I like to shoot on a month basis would break me with that cartridge.

Maybe the round will grow in popularity, as it is a great round, but for now, I am content to shoot the 9mm and shoot it a lot!

7. #26 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    Hey, I still want the 9mm too! Makes too much sense for a SHTF scenario, as well as providing a non shooter a means to defend themselves without having to maintain a new stash of ammo.

What would I carry thou? 5 rounds of hot stuff, or 6 rounds of hotter stuff?
    Women might jump at this .327 and feed it S&W lightweight cartridges. Heck, I might also buy one and shoot those lightweight 70-80 grain S&W loads.

8. #27 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    Quote Originally Posted by joemsj51 View Post
    Women might jump at this .327 and feed it S&W lightweight cartridges. Heck, I might also buy one and shoot those lightweight 70-80 grain S&W loads.
    I reload some light weight 9mm loads and they shoot fine.

9. #28 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    Does the 9mm LCR have +P indicated on the barrel?
    *** Just Your Average Jewish Redneck ***

10. #29 Re: New LCR in .327 Fed Magnum! 
    Does the 9mm LCR have +P indicated on the barrel?
    No, just 9mm. which is fine with me. I never shoot +P ammo in any of my firearms. Not saying they are not worthy, just not for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads