Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm - Page 2

Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm

This is a discussion on Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm within the LCR Discussion forums, part of the LCR category; I took off the stock Hogue on my LCR9mm and placed a Pachmayr Diamond Pro on it. Huge difference in shooting it. Increased control tremendously....

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm 
    I took off the stock Hogue on my LCR9mm and placed a Pachmayr Diamond Pro on it. Huge difference in shooting it. Increased control tremendously.

2. #12 Re: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm 
    I tried 4 grips on my LCR & found the bigger the grip the smaller my groups. With the Hogue Bantam grip the gun bounced around & never exactly the same way. 7 yard groups were 10-12". Too much wiggle room in my palm & my hand couldn't stand more than 25 rounds of +P. Stock grip was better. Hogue 3 finger grip was MUCH better & the Pachmayr Diamond Pro best by a little; I shot 2-3" at 7 yards. Surprised me because that's about what I do with small 9mm pistols. I think the Diamond Pro grip filled my hand best so the gun didn't move around as much. Just a little muzzle rise but easy to get quick follow up shots on target. So I bought another one for my 2nd LCR. Both .38. They still fit my front Wrangler jeans pockets without poking out or being visible. Very happy with them. They shoot Speer Gold Dot 135 gr +P as accurately as wadcutters. Before trying 3 finger grips I was seriously shopping for a 9mm pistol & rented several. Just hit better with them but there's no difference now so I'm keeping my LCRs.

3. #13 Re: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm 
    I shoot often and consider myself a pretty fair shooter. However, two guns that I have had to really work on were the LCP and my LCR9m. These two guns were completely opposite of say my SR9C which is the smoothest gun I have ever shot. I love that gun so much and trust it entirely to always be extremely accurate and fast. I can take 4" spatter targets 9 of them placed on a standard range target and rapid fire knowing they will all hit where pointed. However the LCP was a complete anomaly to me. I sucked shooting this little firecracker of a gun. My first LCP I put thousands of rounds through the gun determined to feel confident to carry it every day. Now on my third, and with the help of the new trigger, I can say I now have that confidence, but it took a lot of time and training. I use to force myself into trying to believe I liked shooting it, but truth be told, I hate shooting this pint sized gun that feels like some explosion in my palm. But I carry it every day, and I did what was necessary for me to get to the point of knowing that I and the gun will perform on target if the occasion arises.

The Ruger LCR9m is a lovely revolver. With a different kind of trigger than I was use to after shooting so many semi-auto's over the years, and the short barrel, did have it's challenges as well. No where near as difficult getting started with the LCP, but sill required a lot of training for me and I am still training to get it perfect. The Pachmayr Pro Diamond was a huge help for me in control. It just fits my hand perfectly and with that comes that necessary control. I have always believe that a shooter must become one with the gun. Over time I have started that process with the revolver. I found out that I was holding the gun to tight and this gun liked a little less bit and more freedom to to do it's thing. For me this gun likes the "ARTILLERY" hold. Hold her firmly, but let her have the freedom to rise/roll at the muzzle recoil. Bingo! It took a number of shooting session to figure this out, but once I did, things began to really tighten up. Long live Ruger!

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm 
    How is the new PAchamyer on a LCR with 158 gr. +P?

I have such on my SP-101 that I'm selling to get a 9mm LCR.

I flubbed (a nicer word) doing the sight install of the Big Dot...
    so now I have to sell it as a "truck Gun" not pretty to look
    at but still has a pristine front sight and fires all 5!

After that I'll buy a LCR in 9mm,.

Even with remote Crimp Jump issues I like 9mm for economy
    and recoil.

No need for me to buy different ammo than my RAMI

or wonderful Ruger
    CMD shoots!

6. #15 Re: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm 
    Two great (and beautiful) guns!
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

7. #16 Re: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm 
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzer007 View Post
    Two great (and beautiful) guns!
    I will second that! Love that CZ Rami!

8. #17 Re: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm 
    Quote Originally Posted by ljutic View Post
    I'm using the Bantam on my LCR 9mm because of the slick plastic sides. So much better for pocket carry. Not so much better for faster follow up shots. I carry the revolver more than I shoot it so I accept the trade off.
    Had to go back on all post. I have been shooting the LCR 9mm religiously since ownership. Interesting is the fact that this revolver was the only pocket revolver I have owned. I shoot all pistols with confidence including my LCP, but have to admit that this revolver offered a challenge. I knew it would take practice and patience to own the confidence I require in a CCW. Well, lots of shots fired down range. Rough at first but became better and better. I was becoming one with the gun. Later put on a Pachymer diamond grip and big change in center mass quick draw and firing. Ok, now time to move on to the next level. Ever notice how so much practice makes everything so much easier? Even recoil seems so much lighter, better control, just more darn natural accuracy and quickly. Now, Ljutic who posted back in April mentions the Bantam grip. Ok, time to make that order. Thanks my friend. PS actually thinking about a nice slim wood grip if possible. Ain't much recoil to this gun in the first place especially after you get use to it.

Note* Once you find out what this gun likes, you will not see any crimp jump. My favorite is American Eagle. Inexpensive, accurate and never once a crimp jump.I have also shot my own reloads with no problem.
    Last edited by davevabch; 11-02-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    Cop_Out likes this.

9. #18 Re: Bigger Hogue grip, LCR 9mm 
    I like the Pachmeyer grip on my SP-101,

but I'm a LCR fan at heart, so after I
    sell my SP-101, I might go for a LCR .327 with that maybe all important 6th shot.

The LCR .327 would be a bit lighter for me to carry and those grips should tame
    most any Magnum load from it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads