Ditch the extension grips - Page 3

Ditch the extension grips

This is a discussion on Ditch the extension grips within the LCR Accessories forums, part of the LCR category; Hmmm food for thought. I'll give my LCP a try without the Hogue and mag extension next time I have it at the range. I ...

Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ditch the extension grips

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Ditch the extension grips 
    Hmmm food for thought. I'll give my LCP a try without the Hogue and mag extension next time I have it at the range. I can't say that I'm unhappy with the way I'm shooting but there's always room for improvement. I like the Hogue because I feel like I have a better grip on the pistol, however, it certainly makes pocket carry more challenging. That grip is stickier than the native surface.

2. #22 Re: Ditch the extension grips 
    I bought the Hogue when Amazon had a one-day sale. They were selling them for $6.00 shipped free on Prime. I haven't installed it yet, though. I also purchased a 7-round Ruger mag. I want to see how that feels before I decide whether or not to install the Hogue. One thing I noticed is that the gun feels heavier and more secure in my hand with the 7-round mag. It is heavier, of course. On my scale it weighs 12.5 ounces fully loaded with a round in the chamber. I still have to keep my little finger tucked underneath the magazine though. It's not quite long enough for me to be able to get all three fingers on the grip.
    louchia likes this.
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

3. #23 Re: Ditch the extension grips 
    The only extensions I use add extra round or rounds to my weapon. I only have one with finger curls and it's purely for looks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: Ditch the extension grips 
    Quote Originally Posted by bberg100 View Post
    I despise grip extensions. They change the geometry of the grip enough I find the gun harder to control, and I have large hands. I grew up shooting single actions, the grips are generally small enough my little finger curls under them adding a tremendous amount of control. Same with the pocket rockets, use your pinky for control.

I get a kick out of folks adding big finger grooved Houge type grips. It eliminates the ability of the gun to roll in your hand causing your wrist to absorb more recoil and I find it harder to get back on target for a follow up. Ever see Miculek, or others, using a finger grooved grip?
    I find adding the 7 rnd extension gives me a better grip with a better perch of my 2nd finger.
    I have a Hogue grip and it does not have finger groves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads