LCR grips - Page 2

LCR grips

This is a discussion on LCR grips within the LCR Accessories forums, part of the LCR category; Originally Posted by mukwah I've been eyeing those for quite a while now. Just can't decide if I want those over the Hogue I have ...

Thread: LCR grips

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 re: LCR grips 
    Quote Originally Posted by mukwah View Post
    I've been eyeing those for quite a while now. Just can't decide if I want those over the Hogue I have now. Might get them just for dress.
    Are you currently using the Tamer or Boot grips? I really like the Boot grips for concealment due to its smooth sides and being a little narrower than the Tamers. Would strongly consider the Secret Service grips if they are not alot wider than than the Boot grips. Probably a no go if wider than the Tamer grips.

I sent Eagle Grips an email requesting the width measurement of the Secret Service grips. Hopefully, they will respond soon. I will post the measurement when I receive it.
    Last edited by USMC2006; 07-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Please do post the measurement! I have the Tamer grips and have no problem concealing IWB at 10 o'clock. I have a nice leather IWB from Triple K holsters out of California. They do really nice work.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

3. #13 re: LCR grips 
    I ordered one in March and waited nearly 3 months to get it. Nowhere on the website did it indicate that they were on backorder. I'm also disappointed in the fit. The top of the grip where it meets the backstrap is squared off, whereas the frame is rounded. The same for the front of the grip where it meets the trigger guard. The frame of the LCR tapers to the trigger guard, the grip is squared. Major gap on both sides of the guard. Next, on the right side, the top of the grip covers and actually pushes against that pin that you push out to add a drop of oil to the internals. I know that there are differencs in wood color from one to the other but the one I received is nowhere near as dark as the one pictured on the website. To answer your measurement question they're within thousandths of each other all around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 re: LCR grips 
    Mine are on order...I figure they may not be great for range work but they would not have the issue of the stock rubber grabbing on everything as you draw.

Fyi, there is a bit of a lead time on the Eagle Grips currently.
    Desire is irrelevant.

A grateful nation never forgets.

6. #15 re: LCR grips 
    Be sure to let us see them when you get them put on. Thanks for the info on lead time.

7. #16 re: LCR grips 
    No reply as of yet from Eagle Grips concerning the width. Also, just emailed them about the length of lead time.

8. #17 re: LCR grips 
    Random question: has anyone seen grip decals for the sides of the Bantam boot grips? I haven't come across any myself yet...planning to try stippling the sides of the Bantam boot grips if it comes to that.

9. #18 Grips 
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2006 View Post
    No reply as of yet from Eagle Grips concerning the width. Also, just emailed them about the length of lead time.
    I don't own calipers. It appears minimally wider than the original tamer grips.

10. #19 re: LCR grips 
    Finally pulled the trigger on these and ordered a set. I have to say I am really pleased with the overall look, feel and fit. Took about 6 weeks to get but worth the wait! Came in a nice velvet blue pouch also!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LCR grips-uploadfromtaptalk1357094643750.jpg   LCR grips-uploadfromtaptalk1357094662989.jpg   LCR grips-uploadfromtaptalk1357094682024.jpg   LCR grips-uploadfromtaptalk1357094695310.jpg  
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

11. #20 re: LCR grips 
    Would you mind doing a size comparison between the Secret Service and Hogue Tamer grips?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads