Long Trigger Travel Fix?

This is a discussion on Long Trigger Travel Fix? within the LCP Technical forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Very happy with my new LCP sans the very loooooonnnng trigger travel. Is anyone aware of a good mod to shorten this? Powder River Precision ...

Thread: Long Trigger Travel Fix?

1. #1 Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    Very happy with my new LCP sans the very loooooonnnng trigger travel. Is anyone aware of a good mod to shorten this?

Powder River Precision makes "over-travel stops" for XD guns. Haven't come across one for the LCP. I'm new to the community so it may have been discussed at length before. I couldn't find anything by searching but then again I may have been using incorrect search nomenclature.

See this thread for an example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/sa-xd-x...avel-stop.html

Anyone hear of something similar for the LCP?

2. #2 Re: Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    I have not heard or seen any specific fixes for the LCP trigger pull. I believe if there were one, we would have had some discussion of it here on this forum.
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!!!

Freedom Ain't Free --- That's why I'm a proud member of the NRA & the Virginia Citizen's Defense League

3. #3 Re: Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    ...SRMX, I haven't seen a mod like that for the LCP...and wouldn't install it if available. The long pull is your only safety feature....leave it in peace if you plan to carry with a round in the chamber and most of us do just that. 300,000+ LCP owners have learned to effectively deal with the trigger pull. It grows on ya with practice.

The XD has a trigger safety and grip safety to help prevent unintentional discharge. The shortened trigger pull on the XD might not be a cause of concern if the integral trigger safety isn't molester. JMHO.

Tarheel

4. #4 Re: Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel
    ...SRMX, I haven't seen a mod like that for the LCP...and wouldn't install it if available. The long pull is your only safety feature....leave it in peace if you plan to carry with a round in the chamber and most of us do just that. 300,000+ LCP owners have learned to effectively deal with the trigger pull. It grows on ya with practice.
    I agree 100%. Don't even mess with the LCP's design. Smooth things up and the pistol works better, but don't change things that make it relatively safe.
    Skip Douglas

5. #5 Re: Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    Quote Originally Posted by SRMX
    Very happy with my new LCP sans the very loooooonnnng trigger travel. Is anyone aware of a good mod to shorten this?

Powder River Precision makes "over-travel stops" for XD guns. Haven't come across one for the LCP. I'm new to the community so it may have been discussed at length before. I couldn't find anything by searching but then again I may have been using incorrect search nomenclature.

See this thread for an example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/sa-xd-x...avel-stop.html

Anyone hear of something similar for the LCP?

the best and safest mod for a shorter trigger travel is to sell the gun and buy another gun that does what you want. Otherwise leave it alone. It is there for your safety by design. It is not a target gun, but a last ditch effort gun that willsave your life. Get used to shootignit and that looooong travel feel will dissapear. I have seen some damn good lcp shooters. It ain't the gun when shots are all over the target. Every kahr semi made has a loooooong trigger pull but the owners love um and eacept them for what theya re designed to do also. A double action revolver is no differnet. It's allin trigger discipline...
    "JUST SHOOT IT LIKE U STOLE IT"!!

6. #6 Re: Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    I hear you guys. Appreciate the replies.

I'm not suggesting I don't need more practice and not inferring that I'm looking for ways to make it "unsafe". Just wondering if there's a better balance that someone has found (above and beyond what comes from the factory) to shorten the pull a little while keeping it safe. I think that's a reasonable train of thought to explore.

I'm guessing there wasn't a perfect science applied when Ruger decided how long to make the pull and thought that maybe folks had evolved it a little through experience where they could shorten it X amount (say 25%) and still keep things safe. Doesn't sound like it. Might be an opportunity there to take a good, safe trigger and make it a great, safe trigger if someone wants to put enough time and thought into it....

7. #7 Re: Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    Quote Originally Posted by SRMX
    I hear you guys. Appreciate the replies.

I'm not suggesting I don't need more practice and not inferring that I'm looking for ways to make it "unsafe". Just wondering if there's a better balance that someone has found (above and beyond what comes from the factory) to shorten the pull a little while keeping it safe. I think that's a reasonable train of thought to explore.

I'm guessing there wasn't a perfect science applied when Ruger decided how long to make the pull and thought that maybe folks had evolved it a little through experience where they could shorten it X amount (say 25%) and still keep things safe. Doesn't sound like it. Might be an opportunity there to take a good, safe trigger and make it a great, safe trigger if someone wants to put enough time and thought into it....
    I have seen on another forum that somehave glued a pencil eraser behind the trigger and just file dit down until the trigger did its thing, there for, no excess trigger travel. It took away the excess slop, although primitive it seemed to work.
    "JUST SHOOT IT LIKE U STOLE IT"!!

8. #8 Re: Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    I just returned from a range visit where I fired 50 rds in a SA 1911 then 64 rds in 2 elsies. I thought back to the 1st time I fired my LCP putting the first rd into the dirt in front of me. I thought, what a terrible trigger pull, only with more colorful language. After firing the 1911 which has a very smooth & light trigger, firing the elsie was a none event because I am accustomed to it after firing well over 1200 rds.
    Elsie, "never leave home without it"!

9. #9 Re: Long Trigger Travel Fix? 
    Shoot double-action revolvers for a long time and you won't notice the LCP trigger pull.
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads