Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ

This is a discussion on Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ within the LCP Technical forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; im new here and was wanting some opinions of people who have already installed wolf #13 springs on their ruger .Any input or suggestions would ...

Thread: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    im new here and was wanting some opinions of people who have already installed wolf #13 springs on their ruger .Any input or suggestions would be great. i just ordered mine today to hopefully get rid of my 1st rd. misfeed. i to had issues with having to slingshot slide so round doesnt get stuck on feed ramp.should new springs get rid of my problem? I've put bout 300 to 400 rds thru it still same issues. if i pull slide fast it dont do it, but if i hesitate at all it always gets stuck

Moderator's Note: Please disregard any references to Wolff guide rod springs for the Kel-Tec A3AT in this thread. Wolff now offers guiderod springs manufactured specifically for the LCP. They are located at the bottom of this Wolff page:

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?...s&cID=1&mID=52

UPDATE 15 APRIL 2011 - PLEASE DO NOT START A NEW THREAD ON THE WOLFF DUAL RECOIL SPRINGS unless you have something to add that has not already been covered - 'odds are your question has already been addressed in the body of this thread and we do not want to constantly repeat the same information in separate threads - our goal is to make it easier for members to locate information of interest. (See post #312, page 21 of this thread)

2. #2 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    yes, the 13# wolf spring helped my pistol greatly. It had the exact same problem as yours. You should see a world of difference.

3. #3 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    I searched around but had trouble finding where you can get these springs. Where?

Is this 1 spring or 2? I assume #13 means 13 lbs. How many pounds are the stock LCP springs?

4. #4 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    Quote Originally Posted by duckett
    im new here and was wanting some opinions of people who have already installed wolf #13 springs on their ruger .Any input or suggestions would be great. i just ordered mine today to hopefully get rid of my 1st rd. misfeed. i to had issues with having to slingshot slide so round doesnt get stuck on feed ramp.should new springs get rid of my problem? ive put bout 300 to 400 rds thru it still same issues. if i pull slide fast it dont do it, but if i hesitate at all it always gets stuck
    BUT ur issue is not the guns fault, u even stated "hesitate". That will cause ftf issues with alot of guns. I can asusre you if you do that with a kahr, any kahr, any caliber it willl not feed properly. NOT THE GUNS FAULT.

Heavier springs will help for sure. a good polishing of the feed ramp will also do wonder. Proper rackingof the slide will also do wonders. Hesitation when racking the slide with allof the above stillmight not solve YOUR
    "JUST SHOOT IT LIKE U STOLE IT"!!

5. #5 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhead1971
    I searched around but had trouble finding where you can get these springs. Where?

Is this 1 spring or 2? I assume #13 means 13 lbs. How many pounds are the stock LCP springs?
    GUNSPRINGS.COM. got to the Ruger lcp springs and they list different weights. If you want to order the combo package, it will have all weights in the package for u to try. I would suggest just buying a 3 pak of only 13# springs, as u will like that poundage. LCP at first were rated at 9#. I have been told they changed that weight but never have read it in any Ruger material. 9# in my opinion is to lite. U should love the 13# springs, My bet the brass will be within half the distance of ur present factory springs..
    "JUST SHOOT IT LIKE U STOLE IT"!!

6. #6 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    Thanks. My shells are ejecting straight up and then down hitting me on the head or shoulder 50% of time. The other times, it will travel about 5 to 15 feet. The brass is not flying 20 to 30 feet away.

I guess I am a big dummy, which set of springs are they? http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/RugerNF.html

http://www.gunsprings.com/resources/newproducts.html

I don't see LCP springs

7. #7 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    I believe they are talking about using the Kel-Tec springs.

8. #8 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    For all the info here do a word such on the word WOLFF.

You can also go to WWW.GUNSPRINGS.COM for the springs. Look on the left side for KelTEC after you get thru their introductory parts, then find the springs for the P3AT. Pick what you want and purchase it. The Keltec P3AT 380 XP Recoil calibration Pak consists of three extra power firing pin springs for the P3AT. A set (small and large springs) of 13 pounders, a set of 15 pounders, and a set of 16 pound springs. Most will find all they will really need is the 13# springs, although I am sure there are a few others besides myself who will prefer the more powerful springs (15# or 16# pound sets).

P3AT, .380 ACP
    · Reduced Power...: None Available
    · Factory Standard.: 11 Lb.
    · Extra Power.........: 13, 15 and 16 Lb.
    Above P3AT Recoil Spring (dual spring sets) - Stock No. 544xx..... $ 8.99 ea
    Please Note: Replace the "XX" in the stock number with the pound rating of spring.

Recoil Calibration Pak
    This pak contains 1 each of 13, 15 and 16 Lb. recoil spring sets for the P3AT and 3 extra power firing pin springs.
    Allows the shooter a choice of recoil springs to calibrate the recoil function and saving 20% over individual spring prices.
    Stock No. 13215 - P3AT XP Recoil Calibration Pak..... $ 21.49

9. #9 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    What about the firing pin springs? Is anybody using those? Would the "extra power" springs not make the already stiff TP even worse?

10. #10 Re: Wolff recoil springs - before starting a new thread on this subject PLS READ 
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmymembe
    What about the firing pin springs? Is anybody using those? Would the "extra power" springs not make the already stiff TP even worse?
    Nope, there are two things a firing pin spring does, one is to retract the pin back into the slide after the hammer strikes it, and it prevents the pin from moving forward due to inertia if the pistol is dropped on it's nose. The firing pin spring has nothing to do with the trigger pull....
    Regards,
    Mike
    I would rather prepare and be proven wrong than not prepare....and be proven wrong
    The will to win is nothing …without the will to prepare
    Legalize the Constitution!

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads