Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP

This is a discussion on Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP within the LCP Technical forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ...

Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    The Ruger Pistol Forums (formerly Elsie Pea Forum) management does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey guys, I was looking at the Galloway Precession website and I saw a posting that there will soon be a RTK trigger which is fully adjustable aluminum replacement that will work with their trigger upgrades. This led me to do some research as to what a RTK trigger is. It turns out Ross from RTK holsters has started fabricating these cool replacement triggers that have a flatter shape and are adjustable for take up.

I sent a email to Ross last night asking if his trigger would work for a LCP and got a response this morning from him saying that he has already made one and gave me a link to the LCP vidio I included bellow. He also said the triggers are $45.00. Ross was very nice, thorough and fast in his response and if Eric Galloway is working with him I consider that a good endorsement towards his work being quality.

well that's all I know for now the videos will explain and show the trigger much better than I can. I am thinking about getting one but not sure if I can part with the cash for it right now if I do I will be sure to give a firsthand review. Also just want to say I am in no way affiliated with RTK Holsters or Galloway Precession.

http://rtk-holsters.com/

http://gallowayprecision.com/home.html

Video explaining LC9 trigger and fabrication process.

Video showing LC9 installation.

Video on LCP trigger.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We Greeks created western civilization and we will destroy it if we want to.

2. #2 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    Hmmmm......Very interesting.......

Sorry you lost you Elsie....Maybe she will let you shoot it sometime...
    Life is to short to shoot ugly guns....May Glocks live forever....

3. #3 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    Bookmarked. I have a feeling I will be in touch with ross very soon. Thanks for sharing this!

4. #4 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    *VERY* interesting... thanks for sharing that.

5. #5 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    I like the looks of the trigger and I think its a good ideal. But he really needs to learn how to use his trigger finger.
    Will the trigger work well if you use your trigger finger properly ?

RICHGCOOP

6. #6 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    I'm very interested to see what other people think of it, looks like a good idea. I don't have a problem getting my finger on the trigger but his does look like a more comfortable trigger.

*EDIT* plus that will go well with my polished barrel!!

7. #7 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    I like my Elsie just the way she is. I've become very comfortable with the Pocket holster and don't really want a lighter trigger without a safety. But I can also see the lure of a lighter trigger under different circumstances.

8. #8 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Z
    The Ruger Pistol Forums (formerly Elsie Pea Forum) management does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.

Hey guys, I was looking at the Galloway Precession website and I saw a posting that there will soon be a RTK trigger which is fully adjustable aluminum replacement that will work with their trigger upgrades. This led me to do some research as to what a RTK trigger is. It turns out Ross from RTK holsters has started fabricating these cool replacement triggers that have a flatter shape and are adjustable for take up.
    If that makes the trigger pull lighter, it could bind you up in court, if you use the LCP for a Self Defense. A jusifiable good shoot could be turned into a Accidental Discharge by a DA or lawyer in a civil lawsuit.

(Mod repaired quote)

9. #9 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull
    If that makes the trigger pull lighter, it could bind you up in court, if you use the LCP for a Self Defense. A jusifiable good shoot could be turned into a Accidental Discharge by a DA or lawyer in a civil lawsuit.
    The fact that something on the replacement trigger is adjustable could cause additional problems for self-defense use.

When choosing a new trigger for my AR-15, I deliberately chose a non-adjustable trigger (a Geissele SSA trigger) so that it cannot possibly get badly adjusted and become unsafe or non-functional. My AR-15 is intended to be used for defensive purposes if need be in addition to being a "fun gun".

Adjustable triggers are fine for target-only firearms but not, in my opinion, for defensive firearms.
    Skip Douglas

10. #10 Re: Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP 
    We all know Elsie is a "Range Gun"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads